*****Official Rangers vs Ross County match thread*****

10 minutes ago, Bigeasy said:

Matondo was outstanding today. Madness to sell him if we do.

Madness to take a one off performance as a representation of what he offers. He does have attributes but he flatters to deceive too often and spends time out injured, should be moved on. 

1 minute ago, The Hammer 11 said:

So I wasn’t able to make or watch the game today , but for weeks people have said they can’t see our shape or style, after that result I’m hoping it’s apparent what that is, can anyone tell me what it is 😂

Hard to tell as it wasnt like County were up to much. We just looked like we had a bit of confidence and swagger back. Players werent hiding from the ball and we were actually capable of finding other blue jerseys with passes for a change.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

A great win and some promising signs.

The acid test is next Sunday though.

Felt there was a good platform for the forward play today, with some familiar vulnerabilities. As you say, some promising signs but acid test next sunday. Be interesting to see how he sets up.

15 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

That’s put me right in the mood for a bit of delusional belief for next weekend now 

Cerny going to give Taylor nightmares imo 

Think Jefte/Matondo will give Johnston a hard time too.

Like watching a new team. Only downside was Hampden is a shite place to see 6 goals. No idea what’s going on half the time.

Thought Matondo was great. But it’s the away games on a tight park that he’ll struggle.

Tav in the middle is interesting. Solves the Maeda problem for next week.

Big drop off in quality to the subs. Still don’t know what Dowell is supposed to be.

2 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Hard to tell as it wasnt like County were up to much. We just looked like we had a bit of confidence and swagger back. Players werent hiding from the ball and we were actually capable of finding other blue jerseys with passes for a change.

County pressed really well and tried to break up the park any chance they got. We were just better, it's not like anything bar the last goal was from a County mistake.

3 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Felt there was a good platform for the forward play today, with some familiar vulnerabilities. As you say, some promising signs but acid test next sunday. Be interesting to see how he sets up.

Motherwell, St J and Ross County dispatched like we should be doing.

Much tougher games coming up.

2 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Like watching a new team. Only downside was Hampden is a shite place to see 6 goals. No idea what’s going on half the time.

Thought Matondo was great. But it’s the away games on a tight park that he’ll struggle.

Tav in the middle is interesting. Solves the Maeda problem for next week.

Big drop off in quality to the subs. Still don’t know what Dowell is supposed to be.

I thought Dowell strolled it when he came on. I'm all for slagging him, but not today.

What a result and a performance,

Fuckin well done big Phil and the lads, superb, but I must admit when I seen the line up of Lawrence and Matondo starting ?

I was like wtf, but fair play pre match he explained game time etc

Onwards and upwards 

Just now, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Lawerence two runs, the first assist for dessers, the second for his goal, the difference in our build up play when we have someone running between the lines as such us immeasurable 

Only thing is we need that more every single game, lawerence probably cant do it

He also backtracked and won the ball back, but the haters won't mention that or the things you said.

It will be back to having issues with him next week for most.

4 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Lawerence two runs, the first assist for dessers, the second for his goal, the difference in our build up play when we have someone running between the lines as such us immeasurable 

Only thing is we need that more every single game, lawerence probably cant do it

the no 10 position should be our priority for a new signing imo. Lawrence isnt a bad player but i dont think he quite fits in with how we are wanting to play, he is far too slow and there is no way his body will cope doing that week in week out.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

He also backtracked and won the ball back, but the haters won't mention that or the things you said.

It will be back to having issues with him next week for most.

I don't think that's fair at all. I don't see his value long or short term, but I thought he had a good game today. Should have had another goal in the first half as well. 

The reality is if/when the issues arise people will rightly highlight them, and next week will have even more riding on it.

Just now, AGM_72 said:

I don't think that's fair at all. I don't see his value long or short term, but I thought he had a good game today. Should have had another goal in the first half as well. 

The reality is if/when the issues arise people will rightly highlight them, and next week will have even more riding on it.

TL gets paid to create and score goals. He is always a threat at that.

10 minutes into the game people were on his back when others also had no involvement. He is the one the anger goes to first. Some of it is warranted, but most of it is ott.

Just now, bluenoz said:

TL gets paid to create and score goals. He is always a threat at that.

10 minutes into the game people were on his back when others also had no involvement. He is the one the anger goes to first. Some of it is warranted, but most of it is ott.

Think we'll agree to disagree with the first point. :lol:

Wouldn't put too much stock into reactive comments on an internet forum during the match, I imagine the reaction was much more positive as he was going off. The nature of where we are at right now. Nobody will be unhappy if he suddenly contributes 20-30 goal involvements across the season.

12 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I thought Dowell strolled it when he came on. I'm all for slagging him, but not today.

Thought he did nothing. Dropped deep and played it back to the CB.

Barron, Diomande, Sterling were driving forward and playing it fast

29 minutes ago, Bigeasy said:

Matondo was outstanding today. Madness to sell him if we do.

Not to take away from a great performance but it was Ross County ffs ... 

Again, I know he’s shown signs against better teams, but keeping players that perform against shite competition is how we ended up with the wage bill we have now.

Someone wants him and are willing to pay, he has to go.