Where do we go from here?

Clement is going nowhere. The board gifted him more wages and a longer contract to save themselves having to do their job and actually get someone else.  The issue sits with the boards inability to identify talent and thats not gonnae change anytime soon.  

The early 80s were a fallow period for us but lack of serious money meant other clubs were always "in reach". Now the champions league cash is life changing for clubs and 5 years of mismanagement could see a near impossible task to return to parity. 

1 hour ago, Don81 said:

We simply can't get rid of another manager before he's even had a chance to bed in his own players. He needs to be given the season.

We also can't have another manager who's a dead man walking at the start of next season because he didn't manage to miraculously win us a treble in 6 months. The next guy  needs a clean slate at the start of the season.

We won't be changing manager anytime soon. 

Even if we do nothing will change until those in the boardroom are sent packing. They are the one constant going from one shitshow to the next. 

If results don't improve you can bet they'll happily throw Clement under the bus to get the heat off them. 

Think he gets until the summer at least then we'll look at where we're at. 

Bringing a new manager in halfway through a season doesn't help anybody and just leads to more issues down the line. 

He'll leave and be successful again just like Gio will, and it all comes back to the clowns running the club. 

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Don’t think the clowns running the club are the reason Gio wasn’t successful.  Domestically he was murder for us and that’s what caused his downfall, although I do think that’s partly because he’s a good tactical manager and he wanted to play chess in a draughts league. I think that’s why we seen his real value in Europe.

I don’t know, Feyenoord fans warned us about the horseshoe too.

2 hours ago, Professor_Chang said:

They'll get 10 in a row as we're light years behind 

Tbf, the gap in quality was far wider when Gerrard took over and we managed to topple them. 

And it wasn't that long ago they were calling for Rodgers to get the sack because we were pushing ahead of them in the title race.

Going is tough at the minute, but we're not as far away as it's being made out. 

2 hours ago, Professor_Chang said:

They'll get 10 in a row as we're light years behind 

We're basically in another race to stop them getting 10. 

Hopefully a bad dose of Ebola takes the world by storm in the 30/31 season and shuts everything down again. 

4 hours ago, Faction Walter said:

If results don't improve we might have no option but to get rid of Clement. We can't afford to sack him and his staff outright so it might be some gardening leave situation like McCoist.

As for your second point I totally agree. A caretaker would be needed until we can get the right man for next season. I think an experienced head like Age Hareide or similar just until the end of the season would be sensible. 

What's the point in bringing in a caretaker to drop points for the rest of the season, when we could just give Clement that time to, at worst, do the same? 

56 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Tbf, the gap in quality was far wider when Gerrard took over and we managed to topple them. 

And it wasn't that long ago they were calling for Rodgers to get the sack because we were pushing ahead of them in the title race.

Going is tough at the minute, but we're not as far away as it's being made out. 

One look at that old firm game, the starting 11 and substitutions is how far away we are. No one in our team gets a game for that mob. Nobody. 

12 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Don’t think the clowns running the club are the reason Gio wasn’t successful.  Domestically he was murder for us and that’s what caused his downfall, although I do think that’s partly because he’s a good tactical manager and he wanted to play chess in a draughts league. I think that’s why we seen his real value in Europe.

Would've been different if he got his number one targets in like Veerman, Olsen, Simons, Doekhi etc. 

All good saying it in hindsight, bigger questions still need asked as to why he never got backed to the same level Beale did despite getting to a European final and getting us into the CL. 

53 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Would've been different if he got his number one targets in like Veerman, Olsen, Simons, Doekhi etc. 

All good saying it in hindsight, bigger questions still need asked as to why he never got backed to the same level Beale did despite getting to a European final and getting us into the CL. 

Comes down to Wilson as far as transfers. 

Gio wanted those players instead he got yilmaz and davies as his big money signings. 

I do think he should have got more backing especially when compared to beale. He should have also got the backing to go dismantle and rebuild the side.

Always belive that the europa run was the peak of that squad and changes needed to happen. 

37 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We spent some money under Gio, just very very badly.

Had a much worse window than Beale did. 

On 08/09/2024 at 22:02, Rowley Birkin said:

alex rae should be nowhere near the managers position i dont even see what hes bringing now

Rae is completely pointless. No idea why the fuck we are wasting a wage on hIm 

Like most of the club though I suppose 

12 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

We're basically in another race to stop them getting 10. 

Hopefully a bad dose of Ebola takes the world by storm in the 30/31 season and shuts everything down again. 

I've seen fans already surrendering this years title to them, but have never seen someone surrender 6 titles in advance before. :lol:

4 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

I've seen fans already surrendering this years title to them, but have never seen someone surrender 6 titles in advance before. :lol:

Don't really care tbh. If fans don't get the mess we're in both and and off the park by now, then they're probably choosing not to. 

If anyone thinks that we're stopping them winning a title in the next few years without a sudden injection of cash then they're on glue, as far as I'm concerned. 

13 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Don't really care tbh. If fans don't get the mess we're in both and and off the park by now, then they're probably choosing not to. 

If anyone thinks that we're stopping them winning a title in the next few years without a sudden injection of cash then they're on glue, as far as I'm concerned. 

That's nice.

1 minute ago, RossS1873 said:

Apparently according to the pub landlord, we're all overreacting and everyday we should be privileged to be looking at another cluster fuck of a season 

Screenshot_20240910_110929_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240910_110900_Samsung Internet.jpg

What a weapon.

Similar to those roasters who constantly say after what happened we should be happy to have our team.

Diddy mentality 

28 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

What a weapon.

Similar to those roasters who constantly say after what happened we should be happy to have our team.

Diddy mentality 

Right up there with folk in their 50s who feel the need to kid on that walking into Ibrox and seeing the pitch still gives them the same buzz they got when they were 5.