Board Issues

the goal machine

Was reading that thread on FF where Marshall is having a meltdown blaming the support for the state of the club and Bennet being ‘ill’. Bennet and his pals have made me fucking ill the state they have the club in FS! 
Also regarding Robert Marshall people need to remember the lengths he’ll go to in terms of backing his mates on the Board. When the support were moaning about playing at Ibrox he genuinely posted on FF ‘it’s a good thing as the new players will never have played at Ibrox before’. And another thing he’s saying Bennet is getting abuse on FF by keyboard warriors. All I’ve read is people questioning the Board and the decisions being made - same as on here. Cunt is all over the shop tbh!

1 minute ago, B1872 said:

Was reading that thread on FF where Marshall is having a meltdown blaming the support for the state of the club and Bennet being ‘ill’. Bennet and his pals have made me fucking ill the state they have the club in FS! 
Also regarding Robert Marshall people need to remember the lengths he’ll go to in terms of backing his mates on the Board. When the support were moaning about playing at Ibrox he genuinely posted on FF ‘it’s a good thing as the new players will never have played at Ibrox before’. And another thing he’s saying Bennet is getting abuse on FF by keyboard warriors. All I’ve read is people questioning the Board and the decisions being made - same as on here. Cunt is all over the shop tbh!

He's completely lost the plot. Claiming the abuse has been too much. And let's be honest, not one single person has said 'Bennett deserves this' which he's claimed. Everyone has questioned his ability to run the club. That's it.

8 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

Always assume there's an ulterior motive when he pops up out the blue, the statements he's made in the last few weeks set alarm bells ringing.

When he pops up? It’s when he fucks off concerns me

Every time he’s left we’ve went backwards 

50 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Wonder if new investment coming in, hence park jr fucking off and bennet stepping down, could be investors requests before putting cash in 

Crossed my mind too.

Could it be that our board of arseholes know that change is coming and are getting out before a new regime wipes the floor with them?

Biggest problem with that theory is that such moves have been watertight where you think at least a hint might have squeezed out.

Probably too much to hope for.

I just hope there are some brighter days around the corner for our club it's the least we deserve frankly. 

The last 12 years minus 1 or 2 very high moments have been a slog let's be honest. We need a glimpse of some hope hopefully it appears in these next few weeks and months. 

59 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Crossed my mind too.

Could it be that our board of arseholes know that change is coming and are getting out before a new regime wipes the floor with them?

Biggest problem with that theory is that such moves have been watertight where you think at least a hint might have squeezed out.

Probably too much to hope for.

Not so much the board are jumping, probably just the parks if rumours are true

Tbh bennet probably knew he wasnt going to keep that job perma anyway, if new investors come in that some of the current board know and approve of, they might have a replacement ready to go for him

Could be as well why gillespie as ceo has fell through

5 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Not so much the board are jumping, probably just the parks if rumours are true

Tbh bennet probably knew he wasnt going to keep that job perma anyway, if new investors come in that some of the current board know and approve of, they might have a replacement ready to go for him

Could be as well why gillespie as ceo has fell through

I can see King flying over and that's fine. I wouldn't mind seeing Alistair Johnston flying in to steady the ship but he's getting onwards now. Those are the two sound minds until a takeover takes place. The Parks must be ousted.

29 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I can see King flying over and that's fine. I wouldn't mind seeing Alistair Johnston flying in to steady the ship but he's getting onwards now. Those are the two sound minds until a takeover takes place. The Parks must be ousted.

It's always confused me with the Parks.

Possibly they care about the club too much to run it without emotion, but they have several successful businesses, you would think they would have been able to keep the club on an even keel instead of the mess(es) we find ourselves in time and time again. 

3 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Wonder if new investment coming in, hence park jr fucking off and bennet stepping down, could be investors requests before putting cash in 

Nothing I’ve heard of directly but the signs do point towards some sort of equity event, the aggressive cost cutting at the club would also tie in to making the club a bit more appealing to investors who aren’t fans of the club. 

There was obviously previously chatter of investment from Asia but Bennett was part of that “alliance” with Gibson, Taylor and the other Asia-based investors vs the Parks. 

11 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

If anyone from abroad (Saudi, Far East, US wherever) has been remotely considering making a move, then this is the time.

There will never be a better opportunity to take over a club with global support and 50k paying customers coming through the door every week.

What a boost this would be if the intentions were correct of course

I thought Wolhardt coming in initially was meant to be the first signs of Asian money coming in? Then with Gibson investing too but that seems to have been it. But maybe as others have said its more been about others not willing to give up their end either. Looking at the percentage of ownership it's interesting to see that despite his repeated desire to sell, King is still the main man. But Borita is Asian (Woldhrdt) and Perron is American (Halstead) just incase others were unsure of it

Screenshot_20240915_081609_Samsung Internet.jpg

44 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

I thought Wolhardt coming in initially was meant to be the first signs of Asian money coming in? Then with Gibson investing too but that seems to have been it. But maybe as others have said its more been about others not willing to give up their end either. Looking at the percentage of ownership it's interesting to see that despite his repeated desire to sell, King is still the main man. But Borita is Asian (Woldhrdt) and Perron is American (Halstead) just incase others were unsure of it

Screenshot_20240915_081609_Samsung Internet.jpg

Always wondered why a American billionaire would invest in us is he a supporter? 

27 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Always wondered why a American billionaire would invest in us is he a supporter? 

I don't think so. Unless there's some kind of family link but that's something that would have probably been mentioned. Perhaps he's friendly with Alistair Johnston in some capacity 

7 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Everyone in that board is a very successful businessman in their own right. It doesn’t make them immune to bad decisions + none of them have ever been involved in making decisions at a football club like Rangers. It’s very, very different to their day jobs. 

What they should have done from the outset is never involve themselves in the day-to-day running of the club. They should have put their money in and hired proper execs with football experience to embed a long-term structure at the club. 

The fighting in the boardroom has contributed to the nonsense we’ve seen go on for years. 

This 100%. We badly needed that experience in the boardroom, individuals that know how to run a successful football club on and off the pitch. 

Hopefully new investment is on the way and this will be the first port of call to be addressed.

8 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Nothing I’ve heard of directly but the signs do point towards some sort of equity event, the aggressive cost cutting at the club would also tie in to making the club a bit more appealing to investors who aren’t fans of the club. 

There was obviously previously chatter of investment from Asia but Bennett was part of that “alliance” with Gibson, Taylor and the other Asia-based investors vs the Parks. 

Again big pinch of salt required, bennet could still be involved boardroom wise, especially if its his mates and their mates punting the money in

Dont think he was ever going to do the chairman job, was he not a stop gap that was never filled

If bennet, king and the bears from asia all want in but need the parks to fuck, maybe park jnr stepping down is a compromise, parks stay on the board with their shares (they are fans so fair fucks especially as they put money in) but the day to day running is the new guys mandate now 

Can only dream