Board Issues

the goal machine

2 hours ago, AberfeldyBlue said:

King "I want to come back"

KIng "no leadership at the club

King "significant gap on and off the pitch"

King "I have never met or spoken to PC but if I come back he will be my first meeting to see what he has been promised and if he has what it takes going forward"

Why make up the last quote?

To be fair, he hasn't said anything we didn't think.  There is no leadership, we do need investment, and yes we're miles off it including on the park.   Money wasted, Europe league, Bassey, Paterson, Aribo.  Kent and Alfie left for fuck-all. (Park turned down American investment was in there.)

30 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Except that's not what he said mate. 

He said he would go in see where Clement needs more support and what promises were made, and see if he himself is up for the obvious challenge the next couple of seasons are going to be.

And is exactly what i'd want him to be saying and doing, what i'd want anyone new coming in to be saying and doing.

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

That's the problem here. He just can't help himself. Would no doubt get us tied into all sorts that only a court room would be able to sort. By that time he's back in South Africa having done his 2 year. Whilst we are left to deal with the fallout and it's usually millions per court case. 

All that said he is the easiest way of getting Park Jr off the board imo. 

Just feels like we've gone back in time to 2015 here. Board fans want rid off, club a mess and King wanting to come back. 

3 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

King doesn’t want long term involvement, he’s made that very clear.

If he comes in for a couple of years and re-establishes proper management and sound business practices, then I would certainly welcome that.

I would also hope that he can attract serious investors who believe in the Rangers project and aren’t simply “Rangers men”.

Given the current state we’re in, I think he’s our best option at the moment.

He can be the best option all he wants, he still won't get back on the board let alone become Chairman again. Too many are against him along with the most powerful shareholder. I hinted about what might happen in the other board thread before Bennett was made public.

15 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

King doesn’t want long term involvement, he’s made that very clear.

If he comes in for a couple of years and re-establishes proper management and sound business practices, then I would certainly welcome that.

I would also hope that he can attract serious investors who believe in the Rangers project and aren’t simply “Rangers men”.

Given the current state we’re in, I think he’s our best option at the moment.

If king can follow through on what he's saying I'd be all for it. 

We just need to remember king talks a very good game but how often did we end up in court and litigation last time he was on the board. 

I get the feeling as well it won't be easy for him as the parks won't budge that easily.

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

If king can follow through on what he's saying I'd be all for it. 

We just need to remember king talks a very good game but how often did we end up in court and litigation last time he was on the board. 

I get the feeling as well it won't be easy for him as the parks won't budge that easily.

Alot of that court shit was listening to Blair too much. Cunt thought he was a legal wizz. 

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

After listening to H&H I don't see how king returns a big block on the board don't want him to return not just the Parks. 

Next! 

I think it comes down to shareholders.

I still think king doesn't come out with this stuff if he wasn't sure he had at least some of the shareholders on board. 

Big question is does he have enough to force the current board to let him back. 

19 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

See all this King and Court stuff being talked about on the thread, a lot of it was to do with the 'deals' Ashley and Green had struck re the merchandise etc, and that fat bastard trying to bully the Club. 

Could King have handled it better, probably, but Ashley was and is a bullying Cunt, who doesn't like anyone standing up to him. Hence all the Court cases, which Ashley can afford easily, and would have been the same with anyone standing up for the Club against him.  And they're done now, as far as i'm aware, and hope :confused:

Had King not got the Club back, Ashley and his £5million 'loans' would have got full control, asset stripped, and the Taigs would be well on their way to 20 in a row! 

I was just about to post something similar.

The reason we were in court so much was because those favourable contracts the slug and co wrote up meant we were having to breach them just to try and get out of them.

Any regular party might've had out of court settlements but the slug has money to burn and wanted to make it as painful as possible.

The slug is a horrible human being. He could've easily pumped a few million into us, got us competing on the regular in the CL and then had tons of cheap advertising on a grand stage. But instead just wanted to make even more on top of his existing billions by wrapping his slimy hands around the most valuable aspects of the club.

18 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I think it comes down to shareholders.

I still think king doesn't come out with this stuff if he wasn't sure he had at least some of the shareholders on board. 

Big question is does he have enough to force the current board to let him back. 

What would be the point in coming back tho if those that are against him just reject everything put in front of them. It's not how business should work but we appear to have board members that hate each other. 

13 minutes ago, BigDak said:

I was just about to post something similar.

The reason we were in court so much was because those favourable contracts the slug and co wrote up meant we were having to breach them just to try and get out of them.

Any regular party might've had out of court settlements but the slug has money to burn and wanted to make it as painful as possible.

The slug is a horrible human being. He could've easily pumped a few million into us, got us competing on the regular in the CL and then had tons of cheap advertising on a grand stage. But instead just wanted to make even more on top of his existing billions by wrapping his slimy hands around the most valuable aspects of the club.

It's his MO, it's what the bullying parasitic cunt does.

Can't say i would have been a big fan of 'Slazenger Rangers' :unsure:

6 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.d246799605393d03d60dd2775d7cea04.jpeg

Anyone know who’s in team Park and who’s in team King?

Bennett used to be a go between with the Parks and King but allegedly fell out with the Parks after he took the Chairman role. Pretty sure King only has 1872 on his side. Parks have the rest.

It’s way too much of a coincidence that Adrian Bevington, who introduced Fox’s US investors to the board, is suddenly in the press putting his name forward for the CEO role the same week that King comes out the woodwork talking about US investment. It might be under a different name, but I bet that if King’s back it’ll be to prime the club for sale to a group of US investors, at least some of which will have been in Fox’s investment cohort. King even mentioned Fox in his interview today and how the Parks blocked it. 

King wanted to sell his shares, Kyle Fox (et al) were the only ones interested, the Parks blocked it, but now the core investors are sick of putting cash in, so King’s bringing it back to the table. There’s been no real change in the proposition for Fox and the investors, except the club’s got a bit leaner, and they’ll have a more amenable chairman to deal with. 

Most of these directors, etc think we’re buttoned up the back at times. From Bennett’s 20mins ramblings 2 months ago about a new players trading model being needed, yet he was on the board when previous shambolic decisions were being made. To King today of “no leadership”,”significant gap” etc when his stupid decision making cost us millions in court that could have been spent on the team. 

Is it just too far to have us fans expect competency and some forward direction from whoever is on the board improving all aspects of the club? It just needs sorted. 

49 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

It's his MO, it's what the bullying parasitic cunt does.

Can't say i would have been a big fan of 'Slazenger Rangers' :unsure:

😂 True. Although I was more meaning Sports Direct sponsoring the tops.

Again, it's still pretty rank but if it was a way of pumping the necessary millions into us and getting us competing in Europe then I think a lot could be forgiven.