Darren Mcgregor

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great player in terms of commitment but not especially mobile and lacking in pace for Warburton's Rangers.

I think he can leave with his head held high though, although he will likely end up back at St Mirren or Hivs and turn out against us which is unfortunate.

We must have someone else lined up cause boy from Stranraer I know is mates with Hardie and he told him Zaluska been told to find new club aswell that would leave us short of cover

Leave us with Wilson, Kiernan & Ball. Definitely need an extra CB, three isn't enough in case of suspensions, injuries etc

Good luck to him, he's the only guy who deserved any real credit last Season but I've maintained all along that he isn't good enough, the fact he won PotY is an embarrassingly sad indictment in how crap we had become.

If those who were of a better standard than McGregor tried as hard as he did we'd be a Premiership club this Season.

Hibs bound I'd imagine, although with the bad blood between the club I'd guess maybe there might be a clause to say he couldn't join them, if so St Johnstone just freed their main stay CB

Yeah MW has shown that he will only have players of a certain standard in and around the Club, and Darren just doesn't measure up to that standard.

I do however have every confidence he will be picked up soon by another club, and thank him for his time with us ,as he was an honest trier, and I wish him all the best ......... except against us.

:uk:

Warburton probably sees Zal as the better footballer out of the two.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's next tbh.

Best of luck to McGregor. Probably not of the kind of standard that MW's looking at now, but a decent, honest player nonetheless.

Thanks for your honest effort, Darren.

A playet who deserved all the awards received last year as he worked his arse off and performed admirably.

Sorry it's not worked out for him now under Warburton and Weir, but can only wish him luck in the future and hope that his career can move on successfully.

Played for the jersey and his heart on his sleeve.