***Official Taigs v Rangers Match Thread***

G.E.C.

19 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

It will be 4-3-3. No way he deviates from it. I don't think we've ever played a match under Warburton that wasn't 4-3-3.

I know it will but I don't think we should play 433 as we don't have the personnel for it.Ā 

We have an abundance of CFs, CMs or AMC but no wingers. I think we're better in an attacking 352,Ā 4321,Ā 4231 or a 442 diamond - i.e. anything that packs the middle of the park where we have players than can rotate and play passing triangles.

Ā 

23 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

I will be VERY surprised if at least 3 of our boys don't get a booking.Ā 

and a penalty against us is very much possible. But I don't think it'll be no fault on the defence, more than likely a dive or forced.Ā 

Any idea who the ref will be? God help us if it's Bobby Madden.Ā 

Another big factor is, a lot of the boys will be experiencing a massive crowd where it's against them. Although the attendance at hampden was 50,000 (about 25,000 hibs fans) there was still an equal amount of Rangers fans. This time however, they'll be about 50,000 celtic fans against them and 10,000 rangers backing them (I don't know if that'll be the exact numbers or not though). Either way the point is is they'll be in a incredibly hostile environment. Which for some of them will be a first.Ā 

Don't forget their hachet men. I can see them nobbling Barton because of this twitter thing with Brown.Ā 

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

I really dont know how to feel about this tbh one hour I have confidence the next I fear a pumping... For some reason we have a rank rotten history at that dump the pace they have also gives me fear would snap your hand off for a point right now

This will be the first time we'll played themĀ in theĀ tax payers stadium, I'm hoping we'll dig in and come away with a 2-1 victory.

Woke up at 4'oo and have just dreamt weĀ just pumped the mhanky trampsĀ 3-1 with us soringĀ first, them drawing level then us scoring another two. The dream was not vivid enough to remember who actually scored,so not sure if I woke before the end.
What I really am hoping is,Ā I did wake up before the end and the real score was we beat them 8-1 (again) and they refuse to acknowledge our victory (again)Ā as there is a war on in somewhere.The new standing section has to be closed as a mass blood bath took place during the match with mhad tims knockin the shite out of each other because some wanted to sit down so they couldn't witness what was happening, and the rest were trying to invade the park.They alsoĀ say the fact that we didn't have 3 years audited accounts is enough reason to to scrub the result. Because they said so it makes it real.
The mhanky tramps have shelled out for ads in all the mhedia outlets in outer Mongolia asking for the result to be rescinded and the authorities in Scotland are supporting the said mhanky tramps.
Finally Eufa and Fifa actually intervene and inform the mhanky tramps that the result will stand and this causes aĀ long line of people from theĀ east end of Glasgow,Coatbridge and Croy to start thumbing lifts to Erskine bridge as they cannot stand the shame.
The shame of an 8-1 victory seems to be even worse than the fact that most of the people involved with this club including the team captain and manager covered up the fact that someone was interfering with young boys associated with the youth teams.
The reality is that some people involvedĀ with the mhanky tramps need to realise what is the most important thing in life.Ā Shame or scandal,only they can decide :uk:Ā 

6 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Don't forget their hachet men. I can see them nobbling Barton because of this twitter thing with Brown.Ā 

Barton is a tough cookie, them targeting him will work in our advantage. WinningĀ us free kicks, get them booked and upsetting the Tim's.

8 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Make no mistake they do have batter quality than us and whilst their manager is a prick, he's not such a daft prick. He's fucking night and day compared to Ronnie.

They have one of those combined Old Firm team generators on BBC at the moment. Was looking at it and when you actually read down through their players there is nobody I would take ahead of ours apart from Griffiths perhaps if someone had a gun at my parents head. Even in areas where we have been poor like defence there is nobody there who you would think is much better than us. Make no mistake we are more than a match for them. You are right about Brenda though, he is a far better manager than Ronnie.

7 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I really dont know how to feel about this tbh one hour I have confidence the next I fear a pumping... For some reason we have a rank rotten history at that dump the pace they have also gives me fear would snap your hand off for a point right now

I don't think our record at the saviledome has been too bad since big ugo' overhead kick in all honestyĀ 

14 hours ago, theclothmonster said:

I think MW will pick MOH for the savilles, this will be the first game that we go into where the opposition isn't expected to sit back against us.

MOH couldn't even get a start in a friendly against Linfield, highly doubt he'll play from the start on Saturday.

47 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

They have one of those combined Old Firm team generators on BBC at the moment. Was looking at it and when you actually read down through their players there is nobody I would take ahead of ours apart from Griffiths perhaps if someone had a gun at my parents head. Even in areas where we have been poor like defence there is nobody there who you would think is much better than us. Make no mistake we are more than a match for them. You are right about Brenda though, he is a far better manager than Ronnie.

thats that attitude ma man!! ?? I'd love to say i agree, but i'd take toure and sviatchenkoĀ before wilson or keirnan and id take the young lad from man city. U started the week pessimistic as fuck but as the weeks gone on im believing more and more, so much so ive just stuck 30 nicker on us at 4/1 with skybet! We have beaten themĀ with much less talented teams than this. Fucking bring it on!! Intae this shower a kiddie fiddlin, bead rattlinĀ fuckpigs!!Ā 

47 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

I don't think our record at the saviledome has been too bad since big ugo' overhead kick in all honestyĀ 

works out at being 7 wins to them, 5 wins to us and 2 draws. Something like that, overall though we've had more wins since that Ugo overhead kick game. (14 vs 9)

26 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

I had a dream we won 1-0. OHallaron missed a sitter and David Silva scored our winner :lol:

shifty.gifWhat a coincidence.Ā 

1 hour ago, DrLaudrup said:

This was my XI.

Wes

Tav Sheivchenko Wilson Tierny

Roberts Barton Bitton McKay

Griffiths Sinclair

For me Waghorn and MOH must start. I'd go with Garner between them, reckon MW will go with Miller.

They'll have more possession against us than any other team, but they'll also have more gaps at the back to attack directly and at pace. We also need every player to be physical, and I still see Barrie drifting out of games if he gets rough treatment, that's why I'd go with the others.

I reckon it's Senderos +1, probably Wilson for pace. I fear it's Kiernan and Wilson. Tav and Wallace are certs.

Midfield is the biggie.Ā 

I'd go Rossiter Halliday Holt (if fit).

No doubt Barton will start though.

Midfield imo is the huge decision MW faces. Wouldn't be surprised if he went Barton Halliday Rossiter/Niko.

Great options but big big decision time.

We have played 8 competitive matches and won 6 and drawn 2. They have had the worst result in Scottish football history and an abject performance in Isreal. We have all seen quality Celtic teams in the past and this isnt one of them. I see no reason why we cant get a result if we turn up and keep the head.

I do worry about their pace on the wings but we can score too. I have no doubt there will be goals we just need to score more than them.

2 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

I'm not saying there is such a massive gap in quality, but their players are honed in top flight football, whilst many of ours have still to negotiate the step upĀ in class. Our CD aside, I quite like our squad, but they've still to toughen up together and read one another as second nature. Most are not really tried and tested at this level, but do have good potential. Even our CD's can put in a one off game performance without exposure, but it is a tough call to achieve that, so for me it's getting the scum on the back foot. Do to them what they think they are going to be doingĀ to us. I think they will go for the jugular from the off and try to bully us. They have a few pacey players. We dig in, no prisoners, without being silly of courseĀ and then turn it around, taking the game to them.

All speculation of course, but I can only but hope!