Pedros Local Assistant

bluchoo

Guest Lloyd72
4 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Nope it means the club have liked something in their CV to offer them an interview.

I'm 90% sure he is only being interviewed because he is already at the club and it would save bringing in another guy on another wage, even then he won't get the job. You do come up with some shite suggestions 

I think too much is being thought about and argued about this local assistant role. I honestly don't think the person who will get the job will have much say in the match day squad and day to day running of the team this is Pedro's job. I just see it as a personal who is always available to Pedro if he needs any guide or assistance with Scottish football teams and culture and nothing more, he already has his assistant here and goalkeeper coach and trainer for the day to day running of the team. 

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

Last seen slamming a twenty five yarder into the tims net at Parkhead to give us victory, can anyone post that goal Willie Johnston throw in to AM who lashed it home.

What a day, I was in the bedlam of the Rangers end at the piggery that afternoon. Wee Bud bouncing the ball off jump-the-dyke Provan's napper, then throws it, one bounce sets it up perfectly for Miller and what a screamer.

Guest Lloyd72
5 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

The crowd going nuts in that :drool:

Liked the way he slapped the ball on that nuggets head at the throw in too :happy:

If that had happened nowadays he'd be rolling about on the floor trying to get him sent off :lol:

5 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Nope it means the club have liked something in their CV to offer them an interview.

Or it could be that they've been supportive of the current board in the past , so are due a wee thank you .

IMO , with Pedro bringing in the bulk of his previous backroom staff ,it looks like the role will be similar to the one that John Greig performed during Dick Advocaat's time at the club . If that turns out to be the case then unfortunately I can't see past Bomber for the job as I don't think any of the other names mentioned would be seriously interested under those circumstances . 

7 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

If that had happened nowadays he'd be rolling about on the floor trying to get him sent off :lol:

Does just go to show how pathetic half the players are these days. Just last week that Hamilton player was still moaning about an old ten-a-penny late challenge :lol:

Guest Lloyd72
21 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Jonatan Johansson....

From the Sun.

Would be happy with that, Finnish assistant manager iirc. Is his knowledge of the club good enough though

6 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I've been thinking about this and I think Ally McCoist would be a good choice, Goal scoring legend, Good coach under SWS, Hadn't completed his manager training when he got thrown into the management role, took us through admin, took us up two divisions. TinfoilHat.gif

You said a few decent things the last few days.

Shame your meds are wearing off and you are slipping back into your mongoloid state.

Still can't see past Miller myself.

We could do with saving the extra wage to put towards players. It's a role that will involve knowing Scottish football and I take it helping with coaching. Millers already been helping Murty, is already well placed among the players, is enthusiastic, the sort who will encourage the players but is straight forward and nobodies fool. Ultimate professional who won't undermine pedro in anyway but will take his lead from him and be committed like fuck. That's what's the role needs. He's a sharp wee cunt who's played all over and will learn Pedro's methods quickly. I think he'd relish the chance of a player-assistant role or even if he just ends up as an optional cover as a player as we need another striker anyway.

I'll be disappointed if the board don't see him as a strong candidate.

16 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

You said a few decent things the last few days.

Shame your meds are wearing off and you are slipping back into your mongoloid state.

PLUMBGER!!!:wow:

I'm basing this new job title as a tourist guide type of role as Pedro has his own team. If that is the case then both Ally and Bomber have the experience to deal with the media, they know the club history and culture,which clubs are for/against us etc. 

Guest Lloyd72
15 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

Still can't see past Miller myself.

We could do with saving the extra wage to put towards players. It's a role that will involve knowing Scottish football and I take it helping with coaching. Millers already been helping Murty, is already well placed among the players, is enthusiastic, the sort who will encourage the players but is straight forward and nobodies fool. Ultimate professional who won't undermine pedro in anyway but will take his lead from him and be committed like fuck. That's what's the role needs. He's a sharp wee cunt who's played all over and will learn Pedro's methods quickly. I think he'd relish the chance of a player-assistant role or even if he just ends up as an optional cover as a player as we need another striker anyway.

I'll be disappointed if the board don't see him as a strong candidate.

If he is up for getting back into coaching Ray Wilkins would be the guy for the job imo and should be front runner. Would be fine with Kenny also as he has all the traits of Ferguson with his passion and drive but is far more professional in his approach and not as confrontational.

15 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

If he is up for getting back into coaching Ray Wilkins would be the guy for the job imo and should be front runner. Would be fine with Kenny also as he has all the traits of Ferguson with his passion and drive but is far more professional in his approach and not as confrontational.

Ray Wilkins is the best suggestion.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Jonatan Johansson....

From the Sun.

Mail Online says the same,

Finland assistant manager Jonatan Johansson has emerged as a candidate for a role in Pedro Caixinha’s new Rangers coaching set-up.

The former Ibrox striker was on international duty last week with the Finns, 2-0 losers in Turkey on Friday in World Cup qualifying, as interviews began for a No 3 with local knowledge.

Caixinha personally oversaw the process of quizzing Barry Ferguson, John Brown and Peter Lovenkrands on Wednesday then Alex Rae 24 hours later on their suitability for the role.

Johansson can be revealed as the fifth man under consideration as Caixinha seeks someone with extensive know-how of the club and Scottish scene for his backroom team.

The 41-year-old ticks those boxes as he spent three seasons at Ibrox between 1997 and 2000 under Walter Smith then Dick Advocaat.

He returned to Scotland later in his career for spells with Hibernian and St Johnstone before enjoying three years in charge of Motherwell Under 20s.

In December, Johansson was appointed to the Finnish national team staff as joint No 2 with ex-Fir Park favourite Simo Valakari as support for boss Markku Kanerva.

Chairman Dave King revealed that more interviews are to take place for the coaching vacancy at Ibrox, giving Johansson the opportunity to sell his credentials to Caixinha in the coming days.

34 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Ah, was it? Still a decent effort though. Can't be easy to win things with Birmingham City. :lol:

Aye.

Decent, granted.

Being a Bear and playing ANY game for Rangers would be the pinnacle of my career.

Ferguson played, and done well, against some of the best players in world football when wearing our strip.

For what it's worth, i don't think he meant it that way.

1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

PLUMBGER!!!:wow:

I'm basing this new job title as a tourist guide type of role as Pedro has his own team. If that is the case then both Ally and Bomber have the experience to deal with the media, they know the club history and culture,which clubs are for/against us etc. 

Mon tae fuck you.

Be serious.