Barrie McKay supposedly rejects contract extension

Marky.

Rangers star Barrie McKay turns down offer to extend deal by two years 

The 22-year-old was offered a pay rise by Rangers and a two year extension 

He turned down the deal but Rangers are likely to make him another offer 

Joe Dodoo claimed that Rangers' win over Aberdeen should be no surprise 

By Stephen Mcgowan For The Scottish Daily Mail

Barrie McKay has turned down an offer to extend his current Rangers deal.

Sportsmail understands the Ibrox club tendered a pay rise and another two years on the 22-year-old’s existing deal last month.

With a year to run on the current agreement, however, McKay rejected an opening gambit after discussions between the club and his representatives opened in February.

Attacker Barrie McKay has turned down an offer to extend his contract with Rangers.

Linked with a move to Bundesliga side RB Leipzig in the January window, the former Under-21 international earned his first senior Scotland cap in a friendly defeat to France last June and can talk to interested clubs about a pre-contract agreement from January, 2018.

Pedro Caixinha has yet to show his hand on which players he wants to keep. The new Rangers manager met Michael O’Halloran on Wednesday, telling the attacker to train away from the first-team squad after he missed an Under-20s game against Hearts in Stirling.

Doubts also remain over the futures of Kenny Miller — who helped beat Aberdeen 3-0 on Sunday with a double — and defender Clint Hill.

Despite parking McKay talks until the summer, the Ibrox side are likely to return to the table with an increased offer rather than allow the contract of one of their top talents to run down.

Rangers are likely to return with an increased contract offer for McKay in the summer

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4406950/Rangers-Barrie-McKay-turns-offer-extend-deal.html#ixzz4e5rxSoyA 

I mean it is the Daily Mail... still, let's see what unfolds here.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True or not he is far too inconsistent.  I wouldn't be sorry to see him go to be honest, he doesn't have the mettle to play for us.  3 goals and 3 assists all season is deplorable.  He can have the odd good game of course but if we can get a decent fee i think he should be moved on while we can still make some money on him

Wouldn't mind if we punted him.

He done the same the last time with rejecting offers until we ended up giving him a shorter extension than we wanted. He's well within his rights, so no issue with it but he's not good enough that we should bend over backwards for him.

He's not improved this year and while I'm still positive a better manager than MW can get more out of him, I doubt he'll ever have the mentality to make enough of himself here.

If we could get a reasonable fee which helps us bring in 2-3 players to improve the team then it's good business.

Mark Warburton likes this.

If you don't want to be at Rangers and be 100% committed to the cause regardless of who you are and how good you are cheerio, be it McKay, Gilmour or whoever  thanks for your time and good luck in your career, Next!

Even the great Brian Laudrup had a mare of a last season with us when his mind was elsewhere.

He's a good wee player, got a lot of talent, needs to find the right manager who will channel it correctly and use him as a central attacking midfielder.

But he's replaceable and if we can get around £3-4m then I'd be all for it

12 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

He's a good wee player, got a lot of talent, needs to find the right manager who will channel it correctly and use him as a central attacking midfielder.

But he's replaceable and if we can get around £3-4m then I'd be all for it

£3-4 million in the last year of his contract, behave ? £500k if we are lucky

4 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

£3-4 million in the last year of his contract, behave ? £500k if we are lucky

He's worth more than that, even with 12 months remaining, he might well decide to sign another contract as well. I reckon we're looking at over a million anyway, teams pay ridiculous money for potential now a days 

Not sure if I'm fussed if he goes or stays, but all these people saying a different manager might get more out of him he one thing no manager will be able to give him is heart or bottle and unfortunately he is seriously lacking in both departments!