Pedro Caxinha: Stay or go?

Virtuoso

Stay or go  

879 members have voted

1. 1. Pedro

1 minute ago, The Tavernator said:

After today's game against the Hoolits I've changed from a Go to a Stay. The team looks infinitely better than it did under Warburton already.

Major overreaction tbh, yes we've looked decent in the previous two pre season games but they're not competitive and essentially meaningless. The proof in Pedro's ability (or lack of) comes from the results and performances in the important, competitive fixtures which thus far have been a total shambles. 

5 minutes ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

Major overreaction tbh, yes we've looked decent in the previous two pre season games but they're not competitive and essentially meaningless. The proof in Pedro's ability (or lack of) comes from the results and performances in the important, competitive fixtures which thus far have been a total shambles. 

Might not have been competitive as in competition terms, but that was a very competitive game today. 

13 minutes ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

Yes, with someone else's plan A dross, that didn't have a spine between them, far less fucking talent!

Barrie fucking who and he was the best?! I rest my fucking case

It's now his team. 

Going forward he lives or dies by his team and his tactical decisions. 

Hes been backed by the board. 

It does look like it's coming together for him at the right time

We will find out starting next weekend

A couple of friendly wins isnae going to paper off the fact he's still overseen the two worst defeats in my lifetime and probably our history and saw a 26 year old record destroyed.  

Lets see how we are come Christmas. 

I still have serious doubts about him as when push has came to shove he has let us down big time

BUT

I'm now starting to see positive signs from the way we play, there is now a clear game-plan and every player knows their role, that's something that was lacking last season. 

Today was the last friendly before the league opener so it's the best indicator as to where we're at IMO, and we got a good result, didn't see the game but apparently we were the better team throughout as well, so it's giving me some hope that PC just might actually know what he's doing. 

One thing is for sure, he's signed some good individual players and hopefully one or two more are added in the next few weeks, much better signings than the ones we had made at this point last year

Prove us all wrong, Pedro.

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

A couple of friendly wins isnae going to paper off the fact he's still overseen the two worst defeats in my lifetime and probably our history and saw a 26 year old record destroyed.  

Lets see how we are come Christmas. 

The 26 year old record I couldn't give a fuck about. It was going to go at some time and I would rather it was while we were rebuilding than any other time (although at the time, at the game I was pretty pissed off).

The other games are almost unforgivable and Pedro still has a lot to do to prove that he can be a good manager.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Couldn't give a fuck about losing at home to Aberdeen? Absolutely laughable post!

Oh behave yourself. You think we were never ever ever going to lose at home against the sheep ever again. You miss the point of what I was saying. 

Maybe I didn't say it right but fuck it I know what I meant :lol:

5 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

The 26 year old record I couldn't give a fuck about. It was going to go at some time and I would rather it was while we were rebuilding than any other time (although at the time, at the game I was pretty pissed off).

The other games are almost unforgivable and Pedro still has a lot to do to prove that he can be a good manager.

Sorry but that record against the sheep shaggers was massive. I'm surprised anyone says otherwise.

Guest Lloyd72

Friendlies do mean something, but 3 friendly wins do not make up for getting fucked out of Europe by a bunch of farmers from Luxembourg. But these 3 results have made me a bit more positive for the season to come, if we can keep these performances up throughout the season then it will be a good one, interested to see how we play against teams that are sitting in and defending with their lives for a draw.

Just now, GOAT said:

Sorry but that record against the sheep shaggers was massive. I'm surprised anyone says otherwise.

Ok what I was trying to say is that I was not so bothered about losing the record if it resulted in greater things long term. If it spurred Pedro on to realise what it means to be a Rangers player/manager, and if losing that game was what it took, then I would be ok if the manger learned from it and we went on a fabulous journey that took us back to winning the trophies that the club should be winning.

Hasn't quite turned out that way, but that was me being very optimistic at the time.

6 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I wasn't even aware of the record against them until this Season, I knew they hadn't beat us since the 90s but before 2012 it wasn't something many gave a fuck about, everyone loses to everyone in this League at some point, I'd rather get it out the road when we were totally pish than a year we could be genuinely challenging for the title.

The Season was so shite that we began clinging onto any old shite stat in the hope it gave us something to be proud of - getting destroyed by the tims at Ibrox was heartbreaking, the sheep? nah they ain't and never will be important enough

Spot on mate

45 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I wasn't even aware of the record against them until this Season, I knew they hadn't beat us since the 90s but before 2012 it wasn't something many gave a fuck about, everyone loses to everyone in this League at some point, I'd rather get it out the road when we were totally pish than a year we could be genuinely challenging for the title.

The Season was so shite that we began clinging onto any old shite stat in the hope it gave us something to be proud of - getting destroyed by the tims at Ibrox was heartbreaking, the sheep? nah they ain't and never will be important enough

Don't think that's true at all.

Used to see it mentioned on forums all the time, it was mentioned every time we played them at home, seen people write articles about it online, the blue order had the silence of the sheep banner nearly 10 years ago.

1 hour ago, NixonRFC said:

Sorry but that's absolute nonsense.

7 hours ago, keithgersbear said:

You can't tell anything as it is just pointless games which don't mean anything. 

Bollocks. Clearly both teams wanted to win. We were the far better team. Just because there was no trophy to win doesn't make it meaningless.

There have been clear signs of major improvement over the last few games. The last two games have been really uplifting.

However the real test will be how this Team perform in games that are for League points or Cup games.

For me the jury is still out on Pedro C, and will be to the last game of this new season. I am far more optimistic than I was a few weeks ago. I can now see where Pedro C is endeavouring to take his Team in terms of style and attitude- it is a refreshing sight. Yet for me, and especially given we have already suffered a very early and embarrassing exit from Europe, for Pedro C to be considered a success this coming season, we need to be comfortably in the top 2 of the League and win at least one Cup. We now have no European distractions, Pedro has been well funded and has made a number of key signings of players he wants, there can be no more excuses.