Michel Preud'homme

KeyserSoze

Maybe he is still on his break and that is why the board haven't brought anyone in. In his day he was a world class goalkeeper his class alone would give the players a lift. No disrespect to murty but his words would have more off an impact. And in his last manager job he got manager off the last 2 years in a row. Maybe even bring some talent from the Belgian league can't imagine it being to expensive to find a gem.

Interestingly he brought Marouane Fellaini through the youth and in to senior football at Standard, signed Dante from Charleroi in Belgium and brought through Kevin De Bruyne when at Gent. He looks as if he has an eye for a player.

16 hours ago, KWBear said:

If he is so good why has he been sat out of work for this long? 

Has he KBd any jobs? 

Bordeaux wanted him before appointing Poyet but the fee that Club Brugge are due is a stumbling block for most teams.

We won't got down the foreign route anyways, non starter. 

personally think the last thing we need is another foreign manager. We need someone who understands how to play the hammerthrowers up here, the foreign managers want to play european football and we just get kicked up and down the park. .

38 minutes ago, Siwel said:

It shouldn’t be about going down the foreign route or not, it should be appointing the best man for the job regardless.

I've said this from day one it baffles me why King is so convinced on going down British route.

Caixinha didn't fail because he was born in Portugal, just wasn't any good as a manager.

Sums up the shambles that are running us though. 

53 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

personally think the last thing we need is another foreign manager. We need someone who understands how to play the hammerthrowers up here, the foreign managers want to play european football and we just get kicked up and down the park. .

The lack of good British managers we can go for is a stumbling block though.

If we go down the foreign route, I'd rather go for Jokanovic if he doesn't get promoted with Fulham this year. He got Watford promoted, won titles in Serbia, took Maccabi Tel Aviv to the champions league group stages and has shown he's a tactically astute manager with Fulham.

He also has played and managed in English football, so he'll have a better understanding of the set-up/leagues than Preud'homme

13 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

This on hundred times over. This obsession with playing nice attractive football that a lot of people have is one of our biggest problems at the moment. I’ve always associated us with primarily being a hard working, well organised, defensively sound side who rely on having a solid base along with a couple of flair players to really make the difference. I’m not staying we should be crazy gang Wimbledon or Sam Allardyce’s Bolton but we need to get back to what have traditionally been and leave the obsessing with fancy flair football to that lot across the city.

Spot on, as you say we don't want to be like Wimbledon at their peak but let's get back to what made the club what it has always been about. Winning.

Now by no means am I saying we should be winning every game 1-0 (though I wouldn't complain) but we haven't won 1-0 since December 2016. Now for me something like this tells us everything we need to know about the club as a whole just now. The mentality at the club is wrong and it takes a strong manager to change it!

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

This one hundred times over. This obsession with playing nice attractive football that a lot of people have is one of our biggest problems at the moment. I’ve always associated us with primarily being a hard working, well organised, defensively sound side who rely on having a solid base along with a couple of flair players to really make the difference. I’m not saying we should be crazy gang Wimbledon or Sam Allardyce’s Bolton but we need to get back to what have traditionally been and leave the obsessing with fancy flair football to that lot across the city.

I agree with this 100% but tbf that's exactly what Allardyce's Bolton's teams were, they always had an Okocha, Djorkaeff or Stellios to create something

22 hours ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Get Murty back in the youth but honestly who needs another foreign manager with no experience of Scottish football?

im done with taking risks get Steve clark in 

Clark would be as much a risk as anybody and allegedly has fenian blood

I'm not convinced he's the best man for the job, would rather have somebody who has actually won things as manager and preferably not from tarrier stock. Three manager of the month awards, one from 2012, two with Kilmarnock and an overall win rate of 36%  meh

12 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I'm not convinced he's the best man for the job, would rather have somebody who has actually won things as manager and preferably not from tarrier stock. Three manager of the month awards, one from 2012, two with Kilmarnock and an overall win rate of 36%  meh

12 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

got any names tiger ?

7 hours ago, cd true bluenose said:

got any names tiger ?

I would ask Walter to come back for a couple of seasons,  no harm in asking, if he wants the job he’ll take it, if not we look else where. Tbh I’ve no idea who else we could go for. There’s people at the club who are well paid to make that decision and after three failures theres no room for another fuck up. Cunts better get it right.