Barisic signs

RangersMedia

15 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Do we still need another centre half?  I think we do and an attacking playmaker and a goal scorer and that’s us. 

Definitely, unless Gerrards confident Flanagan could be used as a Cb if Katic or Goldson pick up an injury. 

Would rather have another in though. 

Might be something to the rumours of a behind the scenes investor if we've spent 7 million on the defence alone so far. 

Just now, GT66 said:

Definitely, unless Gerrards confident Flanagan could be used as a Cb if Katic or Goldson pick up an injury. 

Would rather have another in though. 

Might be something to the rumours of a behind the scenes investor if we've spent 7 million on the defence alone so far. 

We are signing Simpson from Bournemouth as cover at centre half. 

Tav Flanagan, Goldson, Katic, Barisic and if Simpson signs that’s 6 defenders for 4 positions, not including McCrorie as emergency cover. 

Quite happy if we go

McGregor. 

Goldson Katic Flanagan

Tav Arfield Coulibaly Jack Barisic

Morelos Sadiq. 

We need a striker and another midfielder, don’t think we’ll get both but one more would be decent, like genuine quality not a loan or that 

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Goals can come from fanks no bother ... crosses go into the box all the time, my gripe with Tav is he's nowhere to be seen most of the time positionally and is no strange to giving the ball away cheaply ... constant real time visions of him chasing back constantly at games. This has to stop

Just watched the highlights of both legs to see the key moments again.

Absolutely no blame on Barisic for the goal in the first leg. Came from a cross from their left, but was from a set play, so he was in the box defending.

In the second leg though, there was a couple of moments worth mentioning.

Barisic was caught upfield on several occasions, chasing back when Morelos was played through onto their left flank for example. Tav would be ripped apart on here if this had been him.

Barisic 'shat it' from Candeias, allowing him to get a dangerous shot in on goal.

Barisic again 'shat it' from Morelos allowing him to get the header back across the goal for Katic to nod in our second goal.

I of course dont think he 'shat it' in either of these cases, but had it been Tav, people on here would have been calling for him to be sold immediately.

What I am expecting to get from Barisic is a left had equivalent of Tav, hopefully an even better one. Tav IMO is one of our best players and I am all for his style of play as he brings far more to the table than he has shortfalls.

If people are expecting this guy to be as good a defender as he is a threat going forward, then I think they are in for a disappointment. This guy is a very good modern attacking full back. Cant wait to see him play.

45 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Welcome to the club. Can we sign their right winger now too and pretty much finish our squad.

is that the wee blonde headed guy Petar Bockaj? he looks a player. I noticed that Morelos was last on the pitch after half time and he went over and shook hands with him. Morelos looked puzzled. I thought maybe he knew something then.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Absolutely no blame on Barisic for the goal in the first leg. Came from a cross from their left, but was from a set play, so he was in the box defending.

Barisic was caught upfield on several occasions, chasing back when Morelos was played through onto their left flank for example. Tav would be ripped apart on here if this had been him.

Barisic 'shat it' from Candeias, allowing him to get a dangerous shot in on goal.

Barisic again 'shat it' from Morelos allowing him to get the header back across the goal for Katic to nod in our second goal.

I of course dont think he 'shat it' in either of these cases, but had it been Tav, people on here would have been calling for him to be sold immediately.

What I am expecting to get from Barisic is a left had equivalent of Tav, hopefully an even better one. Tav IMO is one of our best players and I am all for his style of play as he brings far more to the table than he has shortfalls.

If people are expecting this guy to be as good a defender as he is a threat going forward, then I think they are in for a disappointment. This guy is a very good modern attacking full back. Cant wait to see him play.

Jesus christ that's honestly like something I'd read on Kerrydale Street when a taig tries to tell the world or anyone that would listen that we are signing shite.

6 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Shouldn't make him a guaranteed starter if we have a better player in his position.

It shouldn’t but if Gerrard, who has overseen a cull, has named Tavernier his captain then he clearly thinks he’s the best player we have in that position and ultimately it’s his decision/opinion that matters the most regardless of how many times people on here say that want him dropped or replaced.

21 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Tav has shay it for over 4 years though 

That is the fucking difference