Barisic signs

RangersMedia

10 minutes ago, stevemartin1991 said:

Does tav get dropped now?

no,  he will not be dropped.  He is one of our biggest threats, he is Gerrards pick for captain.   He will leave us weak down the right at times, but that's a price we are clearly willing to pay.

Anyone that thinks we are just going to punt our captain to the bench isn't thinking clearly.

Just now, GOAT said:

Do we still need another centre half?  I think we do and an attacking playmaker and a goal scorer and that’s us. 

All the above would be the dream, especially if all were the same kind of quality as this guy.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I think we were watching different games.......

Barisic was very offensive minded. His crossing and attacking potential was what stood out, which will give us balance on both flanks now with Tav on one side and Barisic on the other.

Hopefully he is also solid in the defensive side of the game, but I think his attacking nature is the biggest part of his game.  

He was offensive minded but he could actually do what a full-back should do first and foremost also. Tav is decent going forward but lacks the defensive side of his game, which this guy appears to have.

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

Do we still need another centre half?  I think we do and an attacking playmaker and a goal scorer and that’s us. 

Jack Simpson is coming in (he's a CB), we'll probably go for Lafferty or another striker and if we sell Windass (which I think we will) we'll definitely sign a replacement.

Just now, K.A.I said:

He was offensive minded but he could actually do what a full-back should do first and foremost also. Tav is decent going forward but lacks the defensive side of his game, which this guy appears to have.

Think we will have to see a few games before we judge this guys defensive pedigree to be honest.

The Morelos goal that we got in the first leg came from a cross from Tav. This came from their left flank. I personally dont think Barisic done anything wrong in the lead up to the goal, but this is the kind of thing I constantly see Tav getting abuse on from folk on here highlighting that 'another goal from down our right flank' etc.

30 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Welcome.

In him and Flannagan we have 2, no-nonsense, capable, defensive-minded, talented, full-backs now. 

That was a major, major bone of contention for me last season was our full backs Tav and John/Wallace and also Hodson filling in as we'd get raped defensively due to their poor positional awareness and tackling/marking skills.

This was a priority and key area to be addressed for me. Delighted it's been rectified.

Goalscorer and creative midfielder now, PLEASE - and we will be legitimate title contenders. 

:tu: Agreed

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

I could see us going to 5 at the back now with tav and berasic attacking wing backs and a central defensive 3 of flanagan katic and goldson

With jack sitting in front of them that's a solid defence, and still has good attacking threat. Good shout.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Think we will have to see a few games before we judge this guys defensive pedigree to be honest.

The Morelos goal that we got in the first leg came from a cross from Tav. This came from their left flank. I personally dont think Barisic done anything wrong in the lead up to the goal, but this is the kind of thing I constantly see Tav getting abuse on from folk on here highlighting that 'another goal from down our right flank' etc.

Goals can come from fanks no bother ... crosses go into the box all the time, my gripe with Tav is he's nowhere to be seen most of the time positionally and is no strange to giving the ball away cheaply ... constant real time visions of him chasing back constantly at games. This has to stop

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Goals can come from fanks no bother ... crosses go into the box all the time, my gripe with Tav is he's nowhere to be seen most of the time positionally and is no strange to giving the ball away cheaply ... constant real time visions of him chasing back constantly at games. This has to stop

Fank you very much