Qualification?

Redwhiteandblue

Not getting ahead of myself here, even with the excellent result tonight, it will still be tough to get through. 

Now, my question. Is it already predetermined who plays who? Eg-1st in group A plays 2nd in group B? Or is it random? I've always wanted to play the paedos in Europe. If we both go through, what's our chances of getting them? 

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

They won't qualify so probably no chance

Maybe, but say they do? I want them in Europe as long as us. Fuck them having free weeks when we don't. Will do better for out coefficients too. We really should have 2 team's in the champions league. Those cunts and our other country's teams destroyed the coefficient that almost us alone had built. 

Just now, tannerall said:

Cellic already in final according to Scottish press, but if we can beat Chelsea in the semi final it'll be game on in Baku........

Tell me you're just having a laugh, or would we not meet them till the final, should all that happen? 

4 minutes ago, Spliffy said:

It's an open draw of 1st Vs 2nds I believe, but we wouldn't be able to draw them in last 32 regardless. I think CL dropouts face each other but can't say for certain. Earliest we could possibly meet would be last 16.

Surprised its not champions league vs 2nd and 1st vs 1st.

"In the draw for the round of 32, the twelve group winners and the four third-placed teams from the Champions League group stage with the better group records are seeded, and the twelve group runners-up and the other four third-placed teams from the Champions League group stage are unseeded. The seeded teams are drawn against the unseeded teams, with the seeded teams hosting the second leg. Teams from the same group or the same association cannot be drawn against each other."

From Wikipedia. 

Teams from the same group or association can't play each other in the last 32, but there's no seedings or any other mechanisms for keeping teams apart from the last 16 onwards. 

So we'd both have to qualify and then get through to the last 16 before having a chance of meeting each other. 

8 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Maybe, but say they do? I want them in Europe as long as us. Fuck them having free weeks when we don't. Will do better for out coefficients too. We really should have 2 team's in the champions league. Those cunts and our other country's teams destroyed the coefficient that almost us alone had built. 

52995d77f980d6d71bea05860f68710e.gif.61f2ebe3b22b2236403c791d5541181a.gif

Qualification for the group stages and the benefit that would bring to the clubs finances was the main concern for me. 

Focus must now shift to moving the club on to the next level by securing our 55th title and the access to the champions league

16 hours ago, whatnobeer said:

"In the draw for the round of 32, the twelve group winners and the four third-placed teams from the Champions League group stage with the better group records are seeded, and the twelve group runners-up and the other four third-placed teams from the Champions League group stage are unseeded. The seeded teams are drawn against the unseeded teams, with the seeded teams hosting the second leg. Teams from the same group or the same association cannot be drawn against each other."

From Wikipedia. 

Teams from the same group or association can't play each other in the last 32, but there's no seedings or any other mechanisms for keeping teams apart from the last 16 onwards. 

So we'd both have to qualify and then get through to the last 16 before having a chance of meeting each other. 

Ridiculous having 32 teams after the groups. As if it's all just qualification until the champions league teams drop in.