Sadiq

KingKirk

9 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Most of what you've said above is opinion based not fact. Though much I do agree with.

You're effectively saying refs are conscious of an individual player's reputation which may pre meditate their decision to treat and discipline him differently from others. I agree, and that's wrong.

Refs are there to impose rules impartially, that's not happening. Parity for all you could say ?. And whilst you're right that the only way for Morelos not to get booked is for him to be emotionless, again it's wrong when others don't get treated similarly and get away with obvious dissent type conduct.

He DOES have to learn to walk away, but only because he is being persecuted as an individual more than any other player I know of in scotland and he suffers as does the club due to sending a off/suspensions not because he's fully in the wrong. And I think that's worth focussing on much more than on him.

Agreed, look at black for example. There have been plenty of players over the years that have made life difficult for themselves.

Morelos has the ability to correct this, all he needs  to do is keep his head down and channel his anger differently.

4 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

We all know Morelos doesn't deserve what he gets , we know he's just a moody fucker that gets frustrated at himself and other players and is more petulant than dirty.

However that is meaningless, the referees are alert to him now so the only way things can get better is if he keeps his head down and shuts the fuck up. Never mind the refs, the opposition players are alert to it now - so he's going to get wound up by them more.

I have no doubt Gerrard has said the same to him.

9 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Having a manager who realises one of his signings is not good enough and therefore doesn't play him is refreshing after what we've been through. A bit like the Souness era. A player doesn't fit he gets shipped out asap.

We've signed some horrendous players in recent years, but because everyone except the manager seemed to know they were duds, they kept getting picked to play. Glad to see these days are gone.

I agree. Too often in football you see stubborn managers who will continue to pick players who are not good enough just because the player is one of their signings, almost like they’re too arrogant to admit they’ve made a mistake.

Glad to see Gerrard is different, he knows what’s required and if your not up to the job your off, a refreshing change from recent years!

3 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

I agree. Too often in football you see stubborn managers who will continue to pick players who are not good enough just because the player is one of their signings, almost like they’re too arrogant to admit they’ve made a mistake.

Glad to see Gerrard is different, he knows what’s required and if your not up to the job your off, a refreshing change from recent years!

I understand what you're saying regarding it seeming almost like arrogance, but I can understand it. If a manager really wanted a player, then he's seen something in that player and I guess he's hoping at some stage that special thing will shine through. 

But I agree it's refreshing from Gerrard, he seems to not take much nonsense. Will be patient but only for so long.

1 hour ago, Jack The Flipper said:

My point is none of us know what was said... but some are assuming it was nothing worth being sent off for. Some are even assuming it must be in a language the ref didn't understand.

If that's the type of delusion people want to implant to make Morelos out to be the good guy then fair enough.

I rather deal with facts;

1 We do not know what was said

2 Morelos has given himself a bad reputation

3 When a player has a bad reputation referees often are more aware of those players

4 Morelos has no one to blame but himself for the bad reputation

5 Morelos should not be reacting at all

6 Morelos has been told time and time again and he's still reacting - so he's not very smart

How has he given himself a bad rep? before the Aberdeen game he had been sent off once in his career and the Aberdeen sending off was a joke. I dont necessarily think he has given himself a bad rep - I think the Scottish media have painted a picture and the refs have fallen for it, hook line and sinker

47 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

How has he given himself a bad rep? before the Aberdeen game he had been sent off once in his career and the Aberdeen sending off was a joke. I dont necessarily think he has given himself a bad rep - I think the Scottish media have painted a picture and the refs have fallen for it, hook line and sinker

He gets repeatedly clattered and gets no foul. He reacts and gets booked. He backs into players, he gets booked. He watches opposition players clatter Rangers players but not get booked. He watches other players dissent towards the ref and not get booked. Rinse and repeat.

But he has the bad reputation and it's all his fault.

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

He gets repeatedly clattered and get a no foul. He reacts and gets booked. He backs into players, he gets booked. He watches opposition players clatter Rangers players but not get booked. He watches other players dissent towards the ref and not get booked. Rinse and repeat.

But he has the bad reputation and it's all his fault.

best of it is - he is not even close to being a dirty player as well. He uses his physicality, but its shoulder to shoulder and spinning players that are too close. How many times have we actually seen him lunge into a tackle? I literally can't remember a single time.

11 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

best of it is - he is not even close to being a dirty player as well. He uses his physicality, but its shoulder to shoulder and spinning players that are too close. How many times have we actually seen him lunge into a tackle? I literally can't remember a single time.

Yeah and what about all those players he's injured due to how he puts himself about. There's ehm, .... none.

2 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

6 Morelos has been told time and time again and he's still reacting - so he's not very smart

This is the crux for me. I assume he must have been spoken to about his behaviour, so Gerrard needs to sort this out once and for all, because Morelos is going to cost us in a big game at some point if he keeps acting like a fanny.

Sometimes players just dont fit into teams. Cant hold this one against Gerrard. 

One dud out of all the players signed is a good track record. 

Its not like we paid nine million quid for him. 

Also good to see Gerrard will not tolerate anything less than 100%. 

2 minutes ago, FSM said:

This is the crux for me. I assume he must have been spoken to about his behaviour, so Gerrard needs to sort this out once and for all, because Morelos is going to cost us in a big game at some point if he keeps acting like a fanny.

That is the thing, because gerrard was very vocal that he had a word with the player following UFA - and the lad needs to take on board that he is getting no slack from refs and act accordingly.

It does seem an element of panic about the signing as we had no cover at all for Morelos...as it turns out he still isn't seen as cover for Morelos even with Laff cup-tied! But is the only failure in transfer market so far and you can't really knock that strike rate!

Wouldn't be the worst thing to see him move on in January and a better striker signed up to help us battle on 4 fronts ?

4 minutes ago, FSM said:

acting the fanny = getting kicked up in the air and telling the ref hes a cunt for not giving a foul ?

17 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

The boy has not even had a chance ffs.   How long has he played ?  The manager is not playing him because Morelos is in fire and Lafferty just slotted straight back in.

The boy has talent and let's just hope he proves it in the semi final.   

He's not doing it in training according to the manager so why should he get trusted to deliver on the park?

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Gerrard sees him every day in training and most likely isn’t impressed 

Exactly.

People queried why Halliday was getting more game time... but Gerrard has seen him also in training and been impressed.

Sadiq just isnt doing what he has to.

Considering this is the only one of Gerrard's signings that hasn't really worked out at all so far (although we are yet to really see Grezda or Macauley) you can be forgiven that its someone who we already knew was erratic at the best of times. It was my only concern at the end of the window that we only had 2 proven CF which has came to bite us quicker than I'd have expected. I'm sure we will cope though. Kent could play there as an almost false 9. Perhaps in January, Sadiq can be replaced with someone who can actually play football.