Gollum Gone ?

11 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

So McLaughlin might be gone in the same week Tom English changed his Twitter name from @BBCTomEnglish to @TEnglishSport. Interesting.

Could it possibly suggest that Pacific Quay CSC have been given a directive from HQ in Manchester that with the most high profile manager in Scotland since Souness it might not be a great idea to have their Chief Football Writer banned from Ibrox because of previous actions and clear impartiality; or their Chief Sports Writer churning out anti Rangers propaganda and trolling Bears on Twitter, while using an 'impartial' BBC sanctioned Twitter account?

Movement soon on BBC Scotland not reporting from Ibrox, and at the same time denying the same and equivalent service to Rangers fans enjoyed by other lesser Scottish football clubs, I'd suggest.

I notice English change his Twitter profile to "Personal account" as well....i think something is afoot.

Wouldn't celebrate until all Scottish football journalism was stopped from that building.

From Spiers to English to Stewart to Thompson to Spence to Cowan to McLaughlin to Dodds to Traynor to Cosgrove... Everyone through the doors is abysmal...the list is horrible and their are very few exceptions.

You know as much as a wank as Chris Sutton is, at least he knows what he's doing. He's trying to get a reaction. These folk at the beeb genuinely believe they are impartial. They also think they are irreplaceable and id love them to be shown otherwise.

BBC Scotland still has characters like Gordon, McLean and the rest.  I'm happy enough if they still stay away from Ibrox.  I would be content to have the BBC broadcasters from England (5 Live etc) there though. Guess we can't have one without the other, but let's not kid ourselves that the removal of one bad egg from the Glasgow outfit will solve the problem. 

I have complained to the BBC before about this and got some anodyne reply. I was driving up from England yesterday afternoon hoping to hear the Rangers-Hearts game but just knew it would be the Tims with occassional updates from Ibrox.

51 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I was on the M74 yesterday and through the whistles and the static I suffered listening to Gordon, Houston and Hartley spouting pish about how Hearts could and should win at Ibrox...the delight I felt when Rob McLean popped up 3 times to inform them that the Rangers were 3 up was delicious

The 1st goal was potentially offside said Rob....Houston said Hearts needed to hit back asap. Hartley grudgingly whispered that Rangers confidence is high and "we need to give them credit for their home form"...the signal was getting worse..but when they all realised that Rangers had the game won it was mentioned that Gollum was off to pastures new.

They certainly made out it was a promotion and it was their wish that he asked Brenda later if he was going to Aston villa...?? Probably right after swallowing his seed...

The bias and hatred from that tribe will not be stopping any time soon but if we keep winning it does make it funny hearing how much it hurts them... 

Soon as it got to half time I switched to 5 live for the build up to Liverpool v Man City but least said about that the better....zzzzzzz

That Houston just cannot hide it, it probably stems from a few tannings that were handed out to his team when he was Dundee utd manager. Since those days he has always came across as one bitter man when commenting on Rrangers,  in stark contrast to what he says about celtic who are usually "magnificent" according to him. He certainly isn't your objective neutral that's for sure.

10 hours ago, Pure_Quality said:

So McLaughlin might be gone in the same week Tom English changed his Twitter name from @BBCTomEnglish to @TEnglishSport. Interesting.

Could it possibly suggest that Pacific Quay CSC have been given a directive from HQ in Manchester that with the most high profile manager in Scotland since Souness it might not be a great idea to have their Chief Football Writer banned from Ibrox because of previous actions and clear impartiality; or their Chief Sports Writer churning out anti Rangers propaganda and trolling Bears on Twitter, while using an 'impartial' BBC sanctioned Twitter account?

Movement soon on BBC Scotland not reporting from Ibrox, and at the same time denying the same and equivalent service to Rangers fans enjoyed by other lesser Scottish football clubs, I'd suggest.

Good Post :tu:

Sounds like BBC HQ are addressing the complaints. Hopefully BBC HQ will have a big shake up in their Scottish branch, which will hopefully lead to their journalists reporting on Rangers with a balanced and not biased view.

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

It does mate, I wonder if it will be a shunt far enough away from speaking about Rangers, would not have thought so. :hmmm:

to be honest the man is a complete non-entity anyway. I couldn't care less what he does now. "Sports news correspondent" could be covering caber tossing in Drumnadrochit. One thing is for sure - none of the changes re English and Gollum is a coincidence.

Here's his new job. Looks like it's a step up for him and he's effectively going to be the Scottish Sports editor with the changes coming for the new BBC TV channel in Scotland. Not an attend games and commentate role, and if anything I'd suggest it gives him more influence.

https://careerssearch.bbc.co.uk/jobs/job/Sports-News-Correspondent-BBC-Scotland-News/29068

Funny bit in the 'Are you the right candidate section', which says "You will have good knowledge of sport and an understanding of the workings of sport away from the field of play" which in BBC Scotland language just means you must have previously had a season ticket at the piggery and understand you don't ever question Desmond or Lawwell. 

5 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

Here's his new job. Looks like it's a step up for him and he's effectively going to be the Scottish Sports editor with the changes coming for the new BBC TV channel in Scotland. Not an attend games and commentate role, and if anything I'd suggest it gives him more influence.

https://careerssearch.bbc.co.uk/jobs/job/Sports-News-Correspondent-BBC-Scotland-News/29068

Funny bit in the 'Are you the right candidate section', which says "You will have good knowledge of sport and an understanding of the workings of sport away from the field of play" which in BBC Scotland language just means you must have previously had a season ticket at the piggery and understand you don't ever question Desmond or Lawwell. 

Is it BBC HQ or BBC Scotland that have conducted the interviews for this role?