Barasic

ScottBF2

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Kris Boyd has destroyed Croatia international Borna Barisic and claimed he “doesn’t want to be at Rangers”.

Barisic joined the Glasgow giants last summer for a £2.2million fee (BBC Sport) after impressing Steven Gerrard during the Europa League qualifiers against NK Osijek.

Pundit and Kilmarnock striker Boyd has been unimpressed by the defender for his performances and can’t believe he gets selected ahead of Lee Wallace.

“I look at the left-back, Borna Barisic, and see a player who doesn’t want to be at Rangers,” Boyd told the Scottish Sun.

“Every time I see him he just goes through the motions and I don’t get it. Whenever the going gets tough he seems to be injured.

“The best left-back in the building is Lee Wallace and yet he can’t even get into any of the squads with midfielder Halliday the second choice. That whole episode just stinks.”

Well this is maybe going to get interesting.   At the press conference today when Boyd's comment was raised it seemed to me that SG was saying Barisic can find the article (they all have smart phones etc) and its up to Borna as to how he reacts.    SG spent more time defending Mark Allen (another target of Boyd's) than he did trying to defend Barisic almost as though he was content to see how Barisic reacts to that sort of public criticism from a player who plays for another club.   

Be even more interesting if Barisic chose a right to reply via the media.    But as usual this spat (if it is a spat) will dissolve away into the usual stuff of its up to the player to prove himself on the pitch.   Pity.  A bit of a public  slanging match between players of clubs could be useful in a way as a device to pull so-called pundits who are currently still players down a peg or 10.    Barisic does after all have a right to reply and Boyd having chosen to throw the stone at him, could presumably expect to see his stone returned with interest.    

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Kris Boyd has destroyed Croatia international Borna Barisic and claimed he “doesn’t want to be at Rangers”.

Barisic joined the Glasgow giants last summer for a £2.2million fee (BBC Sport) after impressing Steven Gerrard during the Europa League qualifiers against NK Osijek.

Pundit and Kilmarnock striker Boyd has been unimpressed by the defender for his performances and can’t believe he gets selected ahead of Lee Wallace.

“I look at the left-back, Borna Barisic, and see a player who doesn’t want to be at Rangers,” Boyd told the Scottish Sun.

“Every time I see him he just goes through the motions and I don’t get it. Whenever the going gets tough he seems to be injured.

“The best left-back in the building is Lee Wallace and yet he can’t even get into any of the squads with midfielder Halliday the second choice. That whole episode just stinks.”

He’s absolutely 100% correct 

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

Well this is maybe going to get interesting.   At the press conference today when Boyd's comment was raised it seemed to me that SG was saying Barisic can find the article (they all have smart phones etc) and its up to Borna as to how he reacts.    SG spent more time defending Mark Allen (another target of Boyd's) than he did trying to defend Barisic almost as though he was content to see how Barisic reacts to that sort of public criticism from a player who plays for another club.   

Be even more interesting if Barisic chose a right to reply via the media.    But as usual this spat (if it is a spat) will dissolve away into the usual stuff of its up to the player to prove himself on the pitch.   Pity.  A bit of a public  slanging match between players of clubs could be useful in a way as a device to pull so-called pundits who are currently still players down a peg or 10.    Barisic does after all have a right to reply and Boyd having chosen to throw the stone at him, could presumably expect to see his stone returned with interest.    

Can’t make my mind up about players who are still engaged being so forthright about other current players - however, I think KB has a point.

Re Boyd getting a response, with interest, from Borna - the easy answer is ‘come and see me when you’ve done as much for Rangers as I did....’ (I’m sure the 2nd spell would be glossed over!)

Could turn ugly!

Fed up reading about Kris Boyd and his shite, hypocritical opinions on any of our players anyway.

I'm still haunted by the sight of that disgusting fat fuck coming on in the play off final when we were being ripped a new one by a piss poor Motherwell side and waddling about the pitch in his XXXL strip looking and performing like a fan that had won the chance to get subbed on.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Fed up reading about Kris Boyd and his shite, hypocritical opinions on any of our players anyway.

I'm still haunted by the sight of that disgusting fat fuck coming on in the play off final when we were being ripped a new one by a piss poor Motherwell side and waddling about the pitch in his XXXL strip looking and performing like a fan that had won the chance to get subbed on.

Nah a fan would have put in more of a shift, Boyd came on and gave the same performance Paul the tim would probably give for us if we signed him and brought him on as a sub. 

Just now, Lloyd said:

Nah a fan would have put in more of a shift, Boyd came on and gave the same performance Paul the tim would probably give for us if we signed him and brought him on as a sub. 

Paul the tim would have probably needed a smaller strip as well.

48 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Lee Wallace is fucking atrocious :lol:

Barisic certainly isn't shite but he does appear to be lacking confidence and/or interest.

Until he sorts that out then it has to be Halliday at left back. An inferior player but at least he puts the effort in.

You and I can no longer be friends.

On 13/03/2019 at 13:22, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It's not though.

Halliday has excelled (motm) in a few matches, been solid in most others, and I'd say pretty poor once, at Hivs.  Does Barisic offer anywhere near that level of performance?

Both have 3 assists. Halliday also has 3 goals so there's contribution there too.

Im a different team in a different league im sure Barisic could be a cracking player. He's just showed little to convince me the same can be said for here where physicality and grit needs shown more often too. I doubt Halliday is better technically, and I don't really give a fuck about where either are from or their backgrounds. I just want the best players playing, and for me at LB this season that's been Halliday.

Both Halliday and Barisic aren’t good enough I’m afraid.

barasic is a shite bag and Halliday is average at best.

new back needed in summer.

7 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Cut hallidays heart out n pop it in barisic n we will have a player there.

don't get all this Halliday 'heart' business  - guy has the heart of a mouse unless he's banging the ground and falls over n 50% of the challenges he makes.

Expected more from Barisc but not yet ready to write him off completely

8 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

don't get all this Halliday 'heart' business  - guy has the heart of a mouse unless he's banging the ground and falls over n 50% of the challenges he makes.

Expected more from Barisc but not yet ready to write him off completely

That's a post full of nothing but verbal diarrhoea. Hallidays main attribute is his heart, he lacks in nearly every other department. Plays anywhere he's asked, probably first in and last out at training. Quoted as being the unofficial club captain. Spent months in fucking Azerbaijan and came back, improved and saved his career.

I'll apologise on his behalf to you for him growing up on copland road, but I won't let you away with that bullshit post. 

And I'm not even addressing your point about him banging the ground, see Ronaldo, Italia 90 etc etc. A professional should try gain advantage in anyway possible.

So in summary, stop talking shite. 

29 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

That's a post full of nothing but verbal diarrhoea. Hallidays main attribute is his heart, he lacks in nearly every other department. Plays anywhere he's asked, probably first in and last out at training. Quoted as being the unofficial club captain. Spent months in fucking Azerbaijan and came back, improved and saved his career.

I'll apologise on his behalf to you for him growing up on copland road, but I won't let you away with that bullshit post. 

And I'm not even addressing your point about him banging the ground, see Ronaldo, Italia 90 etc etc. A professional should try gain advantage in anyway possible.

So in summary, stop talking shite. 

weak in the tackle and a garbage player who should be at Fleetwood with Jason Holt -- mentioning Halladay and Ronaldo even in the same post --- embarrassing - going to put it down to you being bevvied.    Heart s about a ferocious tackler not someone constantly falling over and kissing the badge.

3 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

weak in the tackle and a garbage player who should be at Fleetwood with Jason Holt -- mentioning Halladay and Ronaldo even in the same post --- embarrassing - going to put it down to you being bevvied.    Heart s about a ferocious tackler not someone constantly falling over and kissing the badge.

My comparison was to play acting not the player himself, you are a better poster than that to deflect on to something so trivial.

Boyd should slam himself and the disgraceful effort he put in during his second spell with us.  I think the cunt got one goal while we were in the Chanpionship.  The cunt was the top scorer in Scotland last season so he had more in the tank he just didn’t put in the effort when he was with us.  Who the fuck is he to be calling anyone out?  Arsehole.