Gerrard Rejects Approach From Derby County

Broxi

38 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He's obviously not going anywhere but this mentality is naive as fuck.

Financially Derby piss all over us so if Gerrard was motivated by money rather than success then it would be fairly straight forward for them to take him from us

Not being naive as a project may come along that suits him.

But I'll repeat myself.

Fucking Derby County.....

Never.

It seems clear the plan is for him to return to Liverpool at some point. It is so frustrating though what has happened with football when small clubs like Derby can throw wedges of cash around like that and turn heads. 

It is difficult to predict what happens in football but the reality is that Gerrard doesn't need the money. He is a proper football man and seems to recognise what a big club he is at.  Managing us gives him far more status than at Derby, even if they could pay more to him and for transfers. I would say the same about celtic. People who know about football understand that just because some lowly club has sky money they don't suddenly become a big club or get a big reputation. You'd hope he knows what side his bread is buttered.

I'd be gutted if Gerrard left. He's brought back standards to our football club. He's our leader someone when shit gets tough you can look at our dugout and feel calm again.

Very much in the Walter Smith mould you just know with him guiding our club we are in good hands.

Now add the trophies and I've no doubt he will

42 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I'd be gutted if Gerrard left. He's brought back standards to our football club. He's our leader someone when shit gets tough you can look at our dugout and feel calm again.

Very much in the Walter Smith mould you just know with him guiding our club we are in good hands.

Now add the trophies and I've no doubt he will

Obviously never looked during a fair bit of last season.

I seriously doubt he’ll voluntarily leave before the Liverpool job comes up. I’ve always thought that SG is here on “loan” from Liverpool to learn his trade and then to take the reins from Klopp when he eventually leaves. As a player SG was always very loyal to Liverpool and I have a feeling he will be loyal to Rangers until the time comes for him to go back to Anfield.

6 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I seriously doubt he’ll voluntarily leave before the Liverpool job comes up. I’ve always thought that SG is here on “loan” from Liverpool to learn his trade and then to take the reins from Klopp when he eventually leaves. As a player SG was always very loyal to Liverpool and I have a feeling he will be loyal to Rangers until the time comes for him to go back to Anfield.

Liverpool would be insane to appoint him on the back of doing a good job here IMO. He’ll have shown that he can handle the demands and expectations of a big club but he would need to prove himself capable in a more competitive league first I think.

27 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Liverpool would be insane to appoint him on the back of doing a good job here IMO. He’ll have shown that he can handle the demands and expectations of a big club but he would need to prove himself capable in a more competitive league first I think.

Absolutely, assuming he continues to improve and learn from his mistakes, and there were some last season,  and goes on to win some trophies with us then I suspect he will go to a mid table premier league outfit. A couple of years EPL experience as a manager without any disasters and then Liverpool will be interested. 

27 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Whilst the standard of footbal maybe shite, it doesn't get any more competitive when your nearest rival has the place on lockdown to the detriment of every other cunt. 

We not only have to overcome a rival with far greater resources, but one that has the authorities in their back pocket to try and make sure they can never be overtaken.

13 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Whilst the standard of footbal maybe shite, it doesn't get any more competitive when your nearest rival has the place on lockdown to the detriment of every other cunt. 

We not only have to overcome a rival with far greater resources, but one that has the authorities in their back pocket to try and make sure they can never be overtaken.

Yeah we do but that isn’t going to make Liverpool want to appoint Gerrard.

They are one of the biggest clubs in the world and are expected to challenge for the Premier League and Champions League every season. Taking a chance on a manager who has only managed in Scotland would be a massive risk for them and ballsy as hell. They won’t do it until he proves himself capable in another major league first.

Big fan of folk talking up Gerrard as future manager of Champions league Winners Liverpool even though he’s not even came close to winning a trophy as manager.

The Irony being, if we got off to a bad start in league/Europe, his jacket would be on a shoogly peg.

1 hour ago, jintybear said:

20 years down the road and his book title might be "There Was Only Two Clubs In My Life" 

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Normally I think you might be right, but he's Gerrard and the normal rules don't apply.  He's a born leader and a world icon.  Zidane at Real? Pep at Barcelona? There are many examples of a player steeped in a club going to manage them early on. 

We are borrowing Gerrard from Liverpool make no mistake. And sadly that will probably mean half our backroom team too.  Our job will be to find the next manager with the correct aura about them to lead us.  Gio is my vote for when the day comes which is hopefully a few years away. 

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Yeah we do but that isn’t going to make Liverpool want to appoint Gerrard.

They are one of the biggest clubs in the world and are expected to challenge for the Premier League and Champions League every season. Taking a chance on a manager who has only managed in Scotland would be a massive risk for them and ballsy as hell. They won’t do it until he proves himself capable in another major league first.

They have previous for appointing their previous players as in Dalglish with no experience and Souness with only ourselves beforehand.  Appreciate times have changed but maybe not for the supporters.

Gerrard isn’t in the game for money, if he was he’d have left Liverpool for any of the top clubs that came calling 

I imagine we’ll have him until Liverpool come calling unless he gets an offer from a team at the top of one of the other big European leagues