Left back

GOAT

3 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I’ve decided Gerrard should play Thursday Sunday mate he’ll need to show up , he’s an established left back for one of the worlds best countries ,the next two games is what we bought him for , fuck this wrapping him in cotton wool anymore get him played 

Not for me.  I thought he was pish.  Goal was a worldy though not getting away from that.

1 hour ago, fanaticCR said:

He wasn’t even getting into a position to put in a bad ball though mate, he was pretty much in the road of Defoe most of the time. Strange.

When he first joined he was bombing up the park and putting balls in to the box no problem at all.  Seems more reluctant to do that now.  Against Kilmarnock he was frequently high up the pitch in a position to put a cross in but would pass it sideways instead.  Maybe it’s tactical or a lack of confidence but I would want to see him attack more.  

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

When he first joined he was bombing up the park and putting balls in to the box no problem at all.  Seems more reluctant to do that now.  Against Kilmarnock he was frequently high up the pitch in a position to put a cross in but would pass it sideways instead.  Maybe it’s tactical or a lack of confidence but I would want to see him attack more.  

When he starts playing better., he will get more of the ball. I really believe his teammates are reluctant to pass to him sometimes. I've definitely noticed it.

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

Honestly mate I didn’t , even after the goal he backed off 50 yards twice when their right mid was running at him one of the times went down injured as Greegs was running towards him going tonto 😂, time he had it in corner near the end and found Kamara was well played , hid most of the game for me though , he’d be getting pelters if hadn’t scored, thank fuck he did 👍🏻👌🏻

Spot on, another below average performance saved only by his free kick. It was no co-incidence st.mirren went down his side every chance they got.

22 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

When he starts playing better., he will get more of the ball. I really believe his teammates are reluctant to pass to him sometimes. I've definitely noticed it.

Plus the opposition know hes low on confidence too and stuck the wee chunky winger on to exploit that. Definite weak link down that side.

JJ is hopeless against teams that sit it. He needs space to run into - think we missed Ojos skill and goal threat today. I like Jones but game not suited to him imo.

1 minute ago, Bearsden bear said:

Plus the opposition know hes low on confidence too and stuck the wee chunky winger on to exploit that. Definite weak link down that side.

JJ is hopeless against teams that sit it. He needs space to run into - think we missed Ojos skill and goal threat today. I like Jones but game not suited to him imo.

I though Borna was better in the second half. JJ is going to be a frustrating player. Either good or shite.

21 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Exactly what I saw mate , very much in the minority though 

He offered absolutely nothing to get us up the park and anytime he had it he wanted to play a simple inside pass or back to Shagger. It’s like he’s scared to go forward and no one off free kick will change my mind that we need a left back.

2 hours ago, TMB said:

Jones badly lacks and end product but we knew that before he signed.  I still live in hope we sign Kent before the window shuts.

Think if Morelos does go before next weekend we will defo sign kent along with this konate guy myself

He done ok today and scored a belter anyone saying anything less and they are lying and nitpicking. 

Was a difficult game as they had 11 men behind the ball but he certainly didn't do anything wrong and hopefully his confidence is lifted after today. 

1 minute ago, BlueAvenger said:

Hope you were  celebrating  that great  Barasic goal mate 😉 He seems to lack confidence or ability when going forward and plays it back or sideways most of the time. 

Of course I did 😂, was delighted he got us the 3 points but to go back to Maldini status after that performance is ridiculous 😂😂

Just now, BlueAvenger said:

Hope you were  celebrating  that great  Barasic goal mate 😉 He seems to lack confidence or ability when going forward and plays it back or sideways most of the time. 

I always get the impression he doesn't feel part of the team ( I may be wrong ). Being on TV,  getting interviewed and handing the champagne to Jack will do wonders for his confidence. There is something about him I like.

39 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

He done ok today and scored a belter anyone saying anything less and they are lying and nitpicking. 

Was a difficult game as they had 11 men behind the ball but he certainly didn't do anything wrong and hopefully his confidence is lifted after today. 

I hope it gives him confidence for our good. His goal was a cracker too, but if not for that I'd have given him 5/10.  Tavs made at least 6 good crosses into/ near the 6 yard box today, how many did  Barasic make?

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I always get the impression he doesn't feel part of the team ( I may be wrong ). Being on TV,  getting interviewed and handing the champagne to Jack will do wonders for his confidence. There is something about him I like.

Possibly mate. Everyone obviously wants him to do well but we expected better from him 

6 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Great free kick , won us the 3 points and saved himself from a slaughtering for another cowardly performance, he wasn’t good in the slightest today , hope the goal now sees him kick on , still never playing him Thursday Sunday though 

Gerrard:

"A moment of brilliance". 

"Borna stepped up he deserves all the credit he gets because I've seen him do that many times on the training pitch.  But, you've got to do it in big moments" 

"He's a good lad"

"He got his opportunity today and he certainly took it with both hands.  Not just because of the free-kick I thought his all round defending, his all round game was strong, and that's what we're going to need"

"When people come in they have to perform and that's what Borna's done"

7 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Very meh performance, done virtually nothing but his free kick which was good. Still buy a new one.

Spot on. If it wasn't for the free kick I wouldn't have been too impressed once again by his performance. There's definitely a player with ability in there but I fear it won't be us who get the benefit from it.