Helander

Blues Brother

3 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Not you specifically but by most sounds like he's been written off already despite playing a handful of minutes. The usual waste of 3m etc etc never getting a game ahead of Katic or Goldson. 

We don't know yet if he is 4th choice although something tells me with him being chosen and the money spent on him that he will be a 1st pick once he's fully fit and match sharp

How have most made it sound like he's been written off?  Who on here is saying he's a waste of 3m?

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

How have most made it sound like he's been written off?  Who on here is saying he's a waste of 3m?

Seen a post on previous page saying "Always thought spending that much on another CB was a waste of money" 

12 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Not you specifically but by most sounds like he's been written off already despite playing a handful of minutes. The usual waste of 3m etc etc never getting a game ahead of Katic or Goldson. 

We don't know yet if he is 4th choice although something tells me with him being chosen and the money spent on him that he will be a 1st pick once he's fully fit and match sharp

Unfair to judge him on those conditions for sure but there will be huge controversy if/when he replaces Katic.

32 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Seen a post on previous page saying "Always thought spending that much on another CB was a waste of money" 

So one post, which was about spending it on any CH rather than specifically him. Your post makes it seem as if the support have written him off which is nowhere near the reality.

58 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Where are you seeing these comments? Not seen anything like that whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Yes it is for these two Euro ties only. And yes, it means he is 4th in the picking order atm. I'm not sure how facts make it sound dramatic?

I think it’s more likely to mean Gerrard will use him in the next 2 league games and rotate Katic or Goldson. 

Gerrard clearly feels he can trust Katic and Goldson to deliver in Europe, to be fair they’ve been excellent so Hellanders exclusion isn’t a massive shock. 

57 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Unfair to judge him on those conditions for sure but there will be huge controversy if/when he replaces Katic.

Might replace Goldson, Gerrard said last week in an after match interview that Katic was playing so well that he couldn't be dropped and was keeping Hellander out of the team!

11 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

I think it’s more likely to mean Gerrard will use him in the next 2 league games and rotate Katic or Goldson. 

Gerrard clearly feels he can trust Katic and Goldson to deliver in Europe, to be fair they’ve been excellent so Hellanders exclusion isn’t a massive shock. 

I have a feeling the CH situation will be a talking point all year.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So one post, which was about spending it on any CH rather than specifically him. Your post makes it seem as if the support have written him off which is nowhere near the reality.

Not just one post. We have a whole thread based on a  scout or whatever ( let's be honest the thread was intended to put the player down )position the employee holds slating the guy as being really poor coupled with a terrible performance in a bounce game so I would say his days are numbered.

Guaranteed once he replaced katic and makes 1 misplaced pass the forum will be in meltdown

42 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Not just one post. We have a whole thread based on a  scout or whatever ( let's be honest the thread was intended to put the player down )position the employee holds slating the guy as being really poor coupled with a terrible performance in a bounce game so I would say his days are numbered.

Guaranteed once he replaced katic and makes 1 misplaced pass the forum will be in meltdown

We have a thread started with a rumour, backed up with something I heard, then zero criticism from anyone up to here on page 6. You're the one suggesting folk are slagging him or writing him off, based now it seems on one post that was about the folly of spending  the money on that position as opposed to one needing attention.

Given it's almost unanimous support it's a strange one to say his days are numbered. The views on his actual performance seem fair, you're the only one suggesting that will change. Maybe you should read posts rather than read into them the way you currently are.

5 hours ago, Orangeclement said:

So we shouldn't have spent money on a good player and instead wasted it on shite spl players who are not good enough .

What happens when Goldson and Katic get injured would all of the same fans come on bemoaning our lack of strength in depth .......

This place is mental at times .

3.5 million is a decent wedge of cash for us.

I am not bemoaning the club spending money and buying quality. But if he looks like he’s battling it out with Edmundson to be cover. Then I might say that 3.5 quid could be better spent on a quality left back who is going to start every game.

Incredible negativity towards a quality signing.

Playing up to sixty games we need to be able to rotate players without a drop in quality, we also need to cover for injuries and suspensions that will happen, and finally, we need to have cover for any major bids that might come in for any of the other centre half's. If Katic keeps playing this well and moves into the full Croatia team, he's going to generate interest from clubs down south. Helander means that potentially a major bid could be entertained and we aren't derailed in January. in what should be a serious title bid.

Also worth remembering that we will come off European games straight into key league fixtures - the next Old Firm being a prime example. Good to know we have cover, depth and talent for every eventuality in one of the most important positions.

I don’t think it’s a massive shock. He’s only just getting up to speed, and looked decent at the weekend but why would you break up a solid partnership that has been performing well to give a European debut to someone who isn’t fully match fit or integrated into the squad yet? Especially in our biggest game of the season so far. The guy will get his chance as the season progresses, probably sooner than we think. I find the depth of our squad encouraging. 

3 hours ago, TartanTeddy said:

Incredible negativity towards a quality signing.

Playing up to sixty games we need to be able to rotate players without a drop in quality, we also need to cover for injuries and suspensions that will happen, and finally, we need to have cover for any major bids that might come in for any of the other centre half's. If Katic keeps playing this well and moves into the full Croatia team, he's going to generate interest from clubs down south. Helander means that potentially a major bid could be entertained and we aren't derailed in January. in what should be a serious title bid.

Also worth remembering that we will come off European games straight into key league fixtures - the next Old Firm being a prime example. Good to know we have cover, depth and talent for every eventuality in one of the most important positions.

Dont talk shite.

Think the rumours on here are bollox an that he’s just not as fit as the other 3 ch’s he’s competing with

what i will say is I’d rather have spent the 3m elsewhere, imo we are a lot stronger at ch this year than last

edmundson looks an upgrade on Worrall whenever I’ve seen him play and big katic has Been solid as a rock

1 minute ago, Tomatasauce said:

Think the rumours on here are bollox an that he’s just not as fit as the other 3 ch’s he’s competing with

what i will say is I’d rather have spent the 3m elsewhere, imo we are a lot stronger at ch this year than last

edmundson looks an upgrade on Worrall whenever I’ve seen him play and big katic has Been solid as a rock

The rumours are he apparently played shite in a game v Chelsea weeks ago. And that in training he looked poor in terms of passing, control and positioning, probably amongst teammates fully match fit.

So those rumours are shite and you reckon that, given in your words hes just not as fit as the other 3 CHs, he cant have question marks over him by those who watched him?

42 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The rumours are he apparently played shite in a game v Chelsea weeks ago. And that in training he looked poor in terms of passing, control and positioning, probably amongst teammates fully match fit.

So those rumours are shite and you reckon that, given in your words hes just not as fit as the other 3 CHs, he cant have question marks over him by those who watched him?

That’s just it, people can say what they want on here, even if it’s a blatant lie, an there’s nothing you or I can do abt it

if it was true I don’t think he’d have played on Sunday, but I believe he’s a bit behind our first choice ch’s atm, match fitness is obv since he’s not played for a fair bit before he came in but after our preseason I’d imagine him being a good bit behind fitness & conditioning wise aswell

imo he played on Sunday cos it was east fife we were playing & Gerrard took advantage of that fact to give him the game time he needs, didn’t think he had a bad game an I expect More when up to speed 

1 minute ago, Tomatasauce said:

That’s just it, people can say what they want on here, even if it’s a blatant lie an there’s nothing you or I can do abt it

if it was true I don’t think he’d have played on Sunday, but I believe he’s a bit behind our first choice ch’s atm, match fitness is obv since he’s not played for a fair bit before he came in but after our preseason I’d imagine him being a good bit behind fitness & conditioning wise aswell

imo he played on Sunday cos it was east fife we were playing & Gerrard took advantage of that fact to give him the game time he needs, didn’t think he had a bad game an I expect More when up to speed 

Theres no blatant lies though mate. It's what Cedrick heard. I heard, and then another poster said he'd seen on twitter. The thing is none of us said it fitted with what we'd seen, nor said it was also our pov.

Maybe some folk would prefer to hear no chit chat. Or  maybe only the positive stuff.  Imo that's bollox, I'm not in any way itk, take or leave what I say. But there's no agenda, point scoring, bias or anything there in what I've posted. Which like others has been positive so far.

10 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I agree and his exclusion from Europe seems to be how Gerrard sees it also, at least for now.

9 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

Is his exclusion not for these next 2 games with a final squad to be submitted once we make the group stages?? If so talk about being over dramatic about nothing 

9 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Yes it is for these two Euro ties only. And yes, it means he is 4th in the picking order atm. I'm not sure how facts make it sound dramatic?

All of the above is nonsense considering he was on the bench against the Danes last week at Ibrox ahead of Edmundson. 

1 minute ago, TheCutch said:

All of the above is nonsense considering he was on the bench against the Danes last week at Ibrox ahead of Edmundson. 

I'm going to be a bit controversial and question whether Gerrard keeps players in the squad when they need fitness (training with him not back at HTC) or integrated into the squad for new players.  No intention of playing them, but like Murphy on Sunday, its about the squad integration benefit.

Fuck knows, but with King and Barker, who I dont expect to see involved. I wouldn't be surprised.