Union Bears

Captain Hilts

The truth of the matter is that we all get a bit excited at times and behave like different people at games compared to elsewhere.

It’s a good thing that, as fans, we’re trying to self-regulate-those who take offence to this should remember that it is being done for the good name of our football club.

Some of the stuff being belted out belongs in the past, it’s an embarrassment to us and to Scottish football as a whole.

Some fans moan about lack of clarity, but we all know that we shouldn’t be singing about the Pope, fenian, fenian blood and so on.

So we know what we need to do.

The authorities need to come down hard on other clubs to, but it’s important that we set our own standards, rather than comparing ourselves with them, just as we have always done with great success throughput our proud history.

We are Rangers and we will continue to be Rangers long after this or any other board has gone.

Let’s pull together and roar our team to 55.

7 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

My two sons ( ST’s in BF1 ) have supported the club through the bad times and like the vast majority of us were right up for the game on Thursday but can no longer go. 

Poor show by the board without any thought for the loyal fans in this section.

I’m not trying to sound like an asshole mate but if it wasn’t your sons then it would be somebody else. UEFA have said we need to shut a section and unfortunately that means that somebody is going to unfairly miss out.

8 minutes ago, Bamber77 said:

The truth of the matter is that we all get a bit excited at times and behave like different people at games compared to elsewhere.

It’s a good thing that, as fans, we’re trying to self-regulate-those who take offence to this should remember that it is being done for the good name of our football club.

Some of the stuff being belted out belongs in the past, it’s an embarrassment to us and to Scottish football as a whole.

Some fans moan about lack of clarity, but we all know that we shouldn’t be singing about the Pope, fenian, fenian blood and so on.

The authorities need to come down hard on other clubs to, but it’s important that we set our own standards, rather than comparing ourselves with them, just as we have always done with great success throughput our proud history.

We are Rangers and we will continue to be Rangers long after this or any other board has gone.

I couldn't give a toss about "Scottish football" , they tried to kill our club remember?  The only embarrassing thing here is your comment underlined,  unbeleviable.

11 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I’m not trying to sound like an asshole mate but if it wasn’t your sons then it would be somebody else. UEFA have said we need to shut a section and unfortunately that means that somebody is going to unfairly miss out.

They knew in advance before tickets went on general sale that sections could be shut they managed to relocate everybody else apart from a few hundred in BF1.

No ST holder or anyone on cccs had to miss out.

46 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

What "songs"?  We all knew about TBB controversy, not anything else, unless you are advocating to stop all loyalists songs?

The board were given notice of the complaint on matchday 5 weeks ago, so not very bright of them to sit on it and possibly expose us to further sanction.

In a nusthell, the board yet again fail to provide ant clarity on what is unacceptable. Is it the words and what words, or is it whole songs?

To add they yet again fail spectacularly to defend the club and it's fans. Just bend over and throw us all under a bus as racists with condescending shite that a five year could have written. They have no strategy to protect the brand and continually fail to protect or enhance the reputation of this great institution or it's fans as we are unjustifiably demonised by all comers week on week and stay stoom on the double standards at play.

Communications and PR amongst others are not competencies that ths board are blessed with, bordering on neglect as the record shows. Add the the disputes with SDI that are costing us a fortune along with the reputational damage, we have a full house.

It would not have been difficult to warn us off 5 weeks ago when they received the complant and whilst we may have been gulty in singing bad words or songs, they are neglectful in the manner they are runnng this club. If we get further sanction because they stayed stoom, the blame lies firmly at their door.

Their governance of this club is simply fucking amateur night of the proms and they want to take a long hard look in the mirror for the incompetents that they are, but they won't, such is their arrogance.

We can can change words and maybe even drop of few songs, so I await with quite some intrepidation on them providing the clarity and their strategy in defending the the reputation and traditions of this great institution and laying waste to the double standards before us, but they won't being the cowardly incompetent that they are.

Their silence, their lack of defending the club also works against Stevie and the team far less the fans and failure to land the title this season will see them fall on their own sword and hunted as they justifiably deserve.

Boards will come and go, but the fans are here forever. Without us there is no club and this board should know that better than most.

Time they showed some respect and good transparent and effective governance, otherwise they can fuck off, not anyone else.

This is the part that completely puzzled me. Why on earth would they not inform the fan base about possible disciplinary action incoming knowing fine well there was a good chance we would be doing the same in the next home game?? If you were paranoid you could almost say they are the enemy within

18 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

This is the part that completely puzzled me. Why on earth would they not inform the fan base about possible disciplinary action incoming knowing fine well there was a good chance we would be doing the same in the next home game?? If you were paranoid you could almost say they are the enemy within

Maybe it was a case they where just advised that fans singing was included in the match report and they thought nothing more. You would really need to know who was advised within the club.

2 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Maybe it was a case they where just advised that fans singing was included in the match report and they thought nothing more. You would really need to know who was advised within the club.

That's more than likely the scenario as I would hate to think the board deliberately kept quiet and were using it to dismantle the UBs

29 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

They knew in advance before tickets went on general sale that sections could be shut they managed to relocate everybody else apart from a few hundred in BF1.

No ST holder or anyone on cccs had to miss out.

Yeah you are right enough. I didn’t even think about the general sale against season ticket holders aspect of it.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

What "songs"?  We all knew about TBB controversy, not anything else, unless you are advocating to stop all loyalists songs?

The board were given notice of the complaint on matchday 5 weeks ago, so not very bright of them to sit on it and possibly expose us to further sanction.

In a nusthell, the board yet again fail to provide ant clarity on what is unacceptable. Is it the words and what words, or is it whole songs?

To add they yet again fail spectacularly to defend the club and it's fans. Just bend over and throw us all under a bus as racists with condescending shite that a five year could have written. They have no strategy to protect the brand and continually fail to protect or enhance the reputation of this great institution or it's fans as we are unjustifiably demonised by all comers week on week and stay stoom on the double standards at play.

Communications and PR amongst others are not competencies that ths board are blessed with, bordering on neglect as the record shows. Add the the disputes with SDI that are costing us a fortune along with the reputational damage, we have a full house.

It would not have been difficult to warn us off 5 weeks ago when they received the complant and whilst we may have been gulty in singing bad words or songs, they are neglectful in the manner they are runnng this club. If we get further sanction because they stayed stoom, the blame lies firmly at their door.

Their governance of this club is simply fucking amateur night of the proms and they want to take a long hard look in the mirror for the incompetents that they are, but they won't, such is their arrogance.

We can can change words and maybe even drop of few songs, so I await with quite some intrepidation on them providing the clarity and their strategy in defending the the reputation and traditions of this great institution and laying waste to the double standards before us, but they won't being the cowardly incompetentsthat they are.

Their silence, their lack of defending the club also works against Stevie and the team far less the fans and failure to land the title this season will see them fall on their own sword and hunted as they justifiably deserve.

Boards will come and go, but the fans are here forever. Without us there is no club and this board should know that better than most.

Time they showed some respect and good transparent and effective governance, otherwise they can fuck off, not anyone else.

One of the best posts I have ever read on here. Couldn’t agree more with every word of it. 

It's a sad indication of today's society when non offensive or perceived anti religious words are deemed racist and are worse than some of the actually racist language aimed towards players.

When did we as a society become precious about words? The bit that always annoys me about these arguments is that people get so wound up about the usage of language. They are just words and they harm nobody. 

34 minutes ago, Bamber77 said:

Standards set come from the board. In that thus far we have been an unmitigated disaster. Between no strategy in place for PR to protect and enhance the brand, along with no strategy to address the double standards that exist in in this backwater, no transparency, lack of communications with fans and the least said about the SDI car crash the better.

Leadership, governance and strategic thinking  is NOT what this board are blessed with. They are intent in allowing all comers demonise this club with the continuing near daily onslaught. Only when something directly affects the coffers or them personally do they raise their incompetent heads with condescending statements better written by a five year old.

THEY have single handedly allowed the name of this club to become more toxic than nuclear waste by their incompetence.

This board were issued notice of complaint on match day five weeks weeks ago and stayed stoom until now, then threw us under a bus. We are now very publicly racist without challenge, just to add to everything else unsavioury..

I rest my case. 

14 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Pish. They did what they always do. Sit on it and hope it goes away. If not, they can always blame the fans. Cue! Not a fucking brain cell between them and delinquent in their duties.

13 hours ago, ChampionsAgain said:

While turning Ibrox into a library in the process. 

Was Ibrox a library prior to 2007? I'm right behind the UB on this but this myth that they ARE the atmosphere is fucking nonsense. The majority of them weren't even born while Ibrox was rocking on European nights/old firms etc.

5 minutes ago, Sket said:

Was Ibrox a library prior to 2007? I'm right behind the UB on this but this myth that they ARE the atmosphere is fucking nonsense. The majority of them weren't even born while Ibrox was rocking on European nights/old firms etc.

Think Ibrox has always had the issue of falling into the category of being a wee bit of a library for the more run of the mill games against regular league opposition since about the late 90s onwards Before the union bears there was the blue order and that brass section . 

3 minutes ago, Sket said:

The UB should be telling the board to go take a fuck to themselves. Bastards in that boardroom are an embarrassment to the club it's disgusting seeing them willingly roll over and have their bellies tickled whenever the fenian demands. Fucking spineless shitebags the lot of them.

This. They just capitulate at any and all shite that comes our way. I honestly thing that had they been in charge when they wanted to strip our titles they would have agreed. 

Just now, cr3_bear said:

Think Ibrox has always had the issue of falling into the category of being a wee bit of a library for the more run of the mill games against regular league opposition since about the late 90s onwards Before the union bears there was the blue order and that brass section . 

The reason being that the board tells us all to shut the fuck up. The scum board practically encourage their pish. 

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

This. They just capitulate at any and all shite that comes our way. I honestly thing that had they been in charge when they wanted to strip our titles they would have agreed. 

100% 

And they would have apologised in the process. Fucking cunts man I despise every one of them.

7 minutes ago, Sket said:

100% 

And they would have apologised in the process. Fucking cunts man I despise every one of them.

Hard to disagree. King is one thing, but I'm sure that cunt Roberston is a taig plant. He runs the club on a daily basis and in and around the authorities. To say he is out of touch with the fans would be a gross understatement. I'm sure he leaks the team lines!

Imagine it was broonaldo who got sent off 5 times in a season and in his case deservedly so. There would be fucking riots on the street. Liewell  would just sit back and accept it, aye?! He would sit back and accept the dailly lies and innuendo from the media to defame the club, aye?! There would be fucking blood letting!

The Liewell fella is one evil utter cunt of a man and much that comes our way, is by his hand, but he lets no cunt away with attacking his club. 

Our board are guilty of cowardice . That and lacking a brain cell between them.

10 hours ago, docspiderman said:

Fans have been asked for years not to sing these songs so there should be no need for the board to have that dialogue with them even though they say they are so special and unique. Their arrogance is certainly special.

9 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Everyone and their dug knew what words we couldn't sing. That's absolute bollocks!

3 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

I'm not being a dick here mate but virtually everyone in the ground knows about TBB, 2006 and the fact we've been continually told that we cant sing it.  

People also go on about BMG being the song we were done for in 2011 in Eindhoven, however I was there that night ant TBB was agin sang and was the reason for the away fans ban at Malmö 2012.

It's the only bit I'd a left out their statement. 

That's just me though 

Thanks for your replies guys. 

We have a board who have spent a year on this everyone, anyone shite but no one thought it would be a sensible idea to speak with the group who lead the singing at Ibrox.

Why not make it a priority to have a wee meeting in the summer every year to make sure they are remembering what bad been discussed before. I would of course widen that to RSC leaders as well, but for some reason the board do not want to do that. 

I have not always agreed with everything the UB do but it cannot be denied they sing for 90 minutes and create an atmosphere. We also know they were not the only ones singing that night so I do believe they have been hung out to dry on this occasion. 

All I was saying in my post last night is that the fans and board need to be able to have some kind of contact with each other, if that does not happen I am concerned about the relationship between the two going in the wrong direction. This season is so important for us all and I hope things can improve, I just would not bet on it.