Flanagan injury

2 hours ago, BlueMe said:

1802537734_easygif1566740761907.thumb.gif.402cd9874a764045101bbf65f730ce3c.gif

It really does not bother me but I always wonder when I see any player (in any team) doing this why they think the Lord would want them to play better than the others with the same religion playing in the same game ? Who get's the blessing to play better when you have the opposition players doing the same thing? 

All very confusing to me. :thinking:

8 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

It really does not bother me but I always wonder when I see any player (in any team) doing this why they think the Lord would want them to play better than the others with the same religion playing in the same game ? Who get's the blessing to play better when you have the opposition players doing the same thing? 

I would hope that if there is such a thing as a God that he he has much more important things on his hands than the outcome of a football match.

11 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Doesn't bother me either tbh.

Maybe they're not asking to play better than their opponents but only that they play well themselves and stay injury free etc- who knows mate.

21 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Tav has played RB his whole career. GTF off Football Manager ya balloon

Haha sorry Keyser, couldn't resist. On a serious note, please just leave Tav where he is and hopefully Borna can keep on improving to make left back his own. 

54 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

Tav moves over to that side but plays more a midfield role then slot Halliday in at right back. 

Drop Tav and play Polster at right back with Borna at Left back. Borna can get forward more and Polster hang back  

Tav and Goldson are the only 2 in the squad that seem to be undroppable. I think they would both benefit from being shown that’s not the case.  

8 minutes ago, Smile said:

Barasic stick on now to come back from international duty with an injury.

I know you're an eternal pessimist and you're probably right knowing our luck.

I'm hoping that it goes the opposite way though... comes back full of confidence and match sharpness that he can bring into the team. 

I would also like to see Katic paired with the Swede to see how that goes. I know Gerrard likes Goldson but I think he's just average.  I prefer Katic over him. I really think he could become a top defender.  I thought the same last season but it was just a pity that he got an injury early into the season then made a mistake in his comeback game.  I really do think he could go to the top.

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

👍

It's a load of shite and should be banned from all sports ..... there are houses of worship for all this gesticulating  ..... Bob Dylan says it all so well in his song entitled "With God On Our Side" ..... the lyrics are basically echoing what your post above is saying Bud ...... and covers all areas from war to peacetime ..... past to present ...... pish then and pish now .... :p:

:UK:

15 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

It's hilarious that THEIR 'star player' gets marked out of an OF game by a man needing a hernia operation:UK:

Get well soon Jon Flanagan😉

Don’t think he is their star player and I don’t think they’ll care seeing as how  they won. I’m more disappointed that our ‘star player ‘ was sitting on the bench.

21 minutes ago, murzo said:

Don’t think he is their star player and I don’t think they’ll care seeing as how  they won. I’m more disappointed that our ‘star player ‘ was sitting on the bench.

The media have been pushing the greatness of 'no neck' from and before the start of the season.F**k all we can do about the result now,so lighten up.

3 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

I would hope that if there is such a thing as a God that he he has much more important things on his hands than the outcome of a football match.

It still does not answer the question I raised though, why does their religion make them think one would be favoured over the other in the same game ??   :headscratch:  :hmmm:

PS BlueMe might have a point about not getting injured I suppose, but it is all very strange I would say.