SPL Commision - £250K fine to oldco, no titles lost

bluenose_72

Dont think they will be daft enough to touch the titles. They belong to the club and always will do. They are really pursuing the old holding company for an admin error if it even gets that far.

Even guys like McNamara have said.that it was 11 vs 11 and we won them fair on the pitch.

No way will titles be stripped, that won't happen. I can envisage a fine of up to half a million quid or so though which will be a setback.

Can't see a 'guilty' verdict though, people are getting in a tizz over nowt, Murray is still a dick for exposing us to this attack though.

Hope you're right IC :)

I think we are getting too worked up about this kangaroo court.

I hope the club ignores the verdict no matter what the outcome - to reinforce the complete contempt we feel for their witch hunt.

Not guilty - Ignore and let the papers fart away.

Guilty - Ignore. If they try to 'collect' any punishment, take them to every court possible and never give in.

Much like the tax case i'm sure everyone will know the result by now and if it was bad for us it would have leaked by bloggers imho.

A lawyer would drive a bus through any title stripping verdict as they've already let timmy away with non-declaration of payments to the SPL/SFA how can they strip Rangers of titles for the same thing?

Besides the point we did declare all EBT payments to the spl/sfa anyway so we've broken no rules, might be some mistakes in some players contracts and a small fine but that's it.

Surely if anyone is guilty of admin errors its the SPL for not checking them at the time?

My expectation is that they should avoid titles and stuff like that, and go for an enormous fine against the oldco, but end up just keeping last year's prize money as there is nothing else to get. BDO might have something to say about that, but don't seem to have cared thus far.

There was no leak on Big Tax Case. We Won

its was getting leaked on here - cant remember the poster - that we had the BTC won in advance of the actual result. I am not talking about the shite from the BTC blog. Either way, there was no way this was getting out after all that.

I'm in the unfortunate position to be stuck in a car listening to radio catholic at the moment....macavennie is on cracking jokes about dual contracts and stuff and the amount of obsessed beast phoning up assuming our guilt is quite hilarious but also frustrating! No chance they will strip titles it will be mayhem if they do!!!!

Think we'll only find out if its guilty or not guilty tomorrow.

LNS won't decide on the punishment that will be the SPL

I failed miserably with my point earlier. LNS has made his decision and the SPL know it as i read it. Its the SPL making the announcement tomorrow. Im assuming the delay in wait until tomorrow is for the SPL to consider and decide on the punishment.