SPL Commision - £250K fine to oldco, no titles lost

bluenose_72

So LNS says we are guilty then the spl have to agree a punishment?

With all the bitter SPL clubs chairman on the board then we have no chance

Is this why Thompson was hushly-hushly allowed back on the SPL board? This smells like a 'rat-infested stitch-up'.

RFFF and the Club must be willing to take this lot down in a proper court of law - I can't wait for the day that this lot are exposed to the rest of the world for what they are and taking titles from us may the only way to do this. Bring it on I say!

The whole Rangers family must be ready for this fight!

Surprised that the result has not been leaked.

This is one of the only things that makes me hopeful of a good result. EVERY SINGLE bit of bad news that Rangers have had over the past two years has been leaked to the press, I see no reason that would have changed all of a sudden.

The fact that it has not been leaked ( or has been leaked and not reported) is because we have rightfully been found not guilty.

Although, a huge part of me still believes they are gonna hit us with a "fine" that will roughly ammount to what they already owe us, plus enough to keep them ticking over. maybe 5 or 6 million. And they will expect the Ranger fans to think that it is an OK result because "at least they didn't take our titles"

Corrupt from top to bottom.

Hoping this to be the case myself. I could live with a fine though obviously wouldn't be ideal

I would like us to fight any big fine we are given too.

This whole farce is over 5 pieces of paper that were not filled in correctly. YEARS ago.

I would like us to fight any big fine we are given too.

This whole farce is over 5 pieces of paper that were not filled in correctly. YEARS ago.

The thing is the scum actually cheated with their player but no case to answer, That in itself tells us they are going to fuck us.

I really don’t think that the people behind this have thought thing through properly. If the find us guilty the can either fine us or strip titles, both of which will take them in to a very expensive battle through the courts.

If it goes to the courts it opens up a legal examination of how they seized millions due to the new owners of the club and to the Old Co who previously owned the club and who are now in the process of liquidation. Money that should have been used to settle debts left by the old co., while at the same time making the new owners take on debts left by the previous owner. At this point I’m sure they would argue that an agreement was signed by CG not to pursue this, however any agreement signed under duress can be challenged. Let’s be honest, it’s not as if they can revoke our license to play as this would collapse the TV deal they have at the moment and bankrupt the SPL/SFA overnight.

Once again if it does go to the courts they will be open to examination of how they will finance their case. If someone is financing it for them it will come out, so whose interests would it be in to put cash up to fight this case? Only one group of people stand to profit from this situation, would they be willing to risk exposing themselves to a scenario which may expose any behind the scenes maneuverings they may have made to bring the situation about in the first place? The old line of “follow the money” tends to work in these situations.

As I see it Rangers and CG hold all of the cards here, if they play them correctly or choose to play them at all. If it’s true that there is to be a case against White for breaking the law to take control of Rangers and it was found proven, could the SPL/SFA be facing a claim for damages for punishing the victims of a crime? A situation which may exist even if they announce tomorrow that Rangers will face no penalties as there was no case to answer. One thing I am certain about no matter what the announcement is by LNS, this will run well beyond tomorrow.

We may be found guilty of not doing paperwork to the SPL's satsifaction but that is hardly worthy of title stripping on a par with match fixing. Unlike back handing referees to fix a result, EBTs were legal and there was nothing to hide. At worst, it is just an administrative error.

In that light, a fine is appropriate or some points deduction on re-entering the SPL.

And the obvious question remains why the SPL did not query the EBTs when they were declared in accounts at the time.

i read something about this aweek ago but thought it was bs, according to what i read is that if we're found guilty then a possability *sp of a massive fine or deducted honours, now the fine in question 12 months of 3/4 rangers gate receipts

I might have mixed up 3/4?or it was 1/4

It will be a fine to cover up their piss poor financial results personally i wouldn't pay them a penny and take them all the way in the courts again the money would come out the Rangers supporters pockets Charles Green better be ready for a fight.

Squeaky bum time.

I think we'll get found guilty by Nimmo ... then it's up to the SPL to decide on the punishment which they, of course, will take forever to decide. Expecting this to run a lot more yet :(

This is exactly how it will be played out mate .We get guilty verdict so watching world can digest and slaughter us but NO mention of punishment so we are effectively in limbo until another part of this nonsense is decided upon..

These corrupt fuckers are hateful and we have all seen what they are capable of.I would put all the money i have on a bet on this ,Im that confident about it .

If Im wrong i will be astounded.

i read something about this aweek ago but thought it was bs, according to what i read is that if we're found guilty then a possability *sp of a massive fine or deducted honours, now the fine in question 12 months of 3/4 rangers gate receipts

I might have mixed up 3/4?or it was 1/4

If this were the case we just give the tickets away for free with each fan giving the equivalent cost to a Rangers Management Trust Fund to gift money to the club to cover wages and running costs of the stadium and training facilities.

I actually dont have a clue how it will go. At first i thought it would be a stick on that "guilty" would be the verdict, but after the EBT , its a different level. I can only pray that it is the right decision. Would just be nice to get this whole thing over so that we can crack on and leave this bitter, angry shiteyness behind us.

Logic (a dangerous thing to try and apply) would dictate they cannot hit us with a transfer or registration ban. This is an SPL investigation, and we do not have to register players with the SPL! Unless the SPL are going to dictate that we are not allowed to register players with SFL/SFA?