Players refuse 15% wage cut?

Costly

There's a hint of desperation about the people trying to pass this off as normal business practice.

Perhaps you could say what other costs you would target given we all agree that we need to stop haemorrhaging cash?

But to be fare I know its just your usual posturing.

This is what happens when you don't control football managers

Usual anti-Ally shite from you. We all know that the board had the final say in signings and negotiated salaries. It's their job. You choose to ignore it as it doesn't fit your agenda. Truly pathetic.

Anyhow, back on topic. I think it is a good idea from Wallace. If the players refuse to accept it he could go down to 10 percent. If not get rid of the deadwood. At least this way the squad have a say in their future.

Usual anti-Ally shite from you. We all know that the board had the final say in signings and negotiated salaries. It's their job. You choose to ignore it as it doesn't fit your agenda. Truly pathetic.

Anyhow, back on topic. I think it is a good idea from Wallace. If the players refuse to accept it he could go down to 10 percent. If not get rid of the deadwood. At least this way the squad have a say in their future.

Too much logic in here for the people that say we are fucked and going back into Admin, even though we have money in the bank until April.

Selling in a panic for less than its worth is sensible?

Right you are.

panic? fuck sake i have been saying to get shot of Wallace since since we signed Smith - and now its panic? we needed the money then, we need it now and now we have to let him go in all probability. Its stupidity to leave it so long then this happens and it devalues him.

However if it staves off another admin or helps to get us on an even keel, its sensible. we should have done it in the last transfer window if there was any interest.

There's a hint of desperation about the people trying to pass this off as normal business practice.

Of course it's not normal. It makes sense though. And it suggests Wallace has been left an almighty mess that he's starting to try to clean up.

It's not good news obviously, but it doesn't necessarily spell disaster.

Why? It would have no relevance to my post.

I agree you are an irrelevance, but you have posted that you agree we need to be more financially prudent, wages are one of our largest costs, why is trying to reduce them so surprising.

But your response confirms that you are indeed just posturing.

for everyone saying "start with the boards wages"

I agree with that sentiment, but I dont think the current board are even being paid that much tbh, I think the law man worked it out as somewhere in the region of 1.7m per year in total.

Compared to the >6m per year playing budget.

costs need to be cut from top to bottom, we all knew this.

panic? fuck sake i have been saying to get shot of Wallace since since we signed Smith - and now its panic? we needed the money then, we need it now and now we have to let him go in all probability. Its stupidity to leave it so long then this happens and it devalues him.

However if it staves off another admin or helps to get us on an even keel, its sensible. we should have done it in the last transfer window if there was any interest.

How is it sensible, we would need better players than we have come the summer, he would need to be replaced.

Pretty obvious that our base costs were too high a long time ago tbh.

Why was AMC was allowed to bring so many players to the club from the outset, on wages that were more than every other club in Scotland bar one.

Salaries - Pay offs Bonuses - for non-playing employees were also way out of line with our current position.

Missed a once in a lifetime opportunity to start afresh imo.

Put yourself in Nicky Law`s boots.Free agent in the summer,no doubt a few decent offers,but prefer to say in Scotland and Rangers come up with a good offer.A deal is done on that basis.You don`t renege on a deal you made 6 months ago.Either Wallace or Law will be away in the next couple of weeks.