How Much Patience Will A New Manager Get?

NeoGeo7

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCall wasn't everyone's choice though most were happy with his deal until the end of the season. His first two games were at home to Livingston and Alloa but with the demoralised and under performing squad left behind by laurel and hardy.

Many point to these games saying how bad they were. My question is how long does a new manager get with a new squad before he gets it in the neck if he doesn't win games from the start?

I have my Torch and Pitchfork at the ready for a good old witch hunt if he doesn't win his first game.

McCall wasn't everyone's choice though most were happy with his deal until the end of the season. His first two games were at home to Livingston and Alloa but with the demoralised and under performing squad left behind by laurel and hardy.

Many point to these games saying how bad they were. My question is how long does a new manager get with a new squad before he gets it in the neck if he doesn't win games from the start?

First defeat - doubt

2nd defeat - real doubt

2 defeats in a row - sack the fucker

Any draw - doubt

ALL a new manager has to do is win

For me if I see a manager putting lots of good things together off the park, new regimes and philosophies on it and the type of player brought in is the type of player I agree with then I'll afford them alot longer.

With the amount of transition that's going to be needed this summer to put together a team, with new ideas and get them to adapt to your way of thinking and playing doesn't necessarily happen overnight and I expect us to struggle early on next whoever the manager is.

Should be giving 4 or 5 games with a new squad to bed them in, then if struggling by october time that should be it.

Remember wee dick's first couple -

what was it 3-0 down at one point think was against shelbourne (I know we won 5-3) and pretty sure first league game got beat off hearts and look at wee dick's team then and how that turned out, so think first 4 or 5 games with a new squad that results may not be great and should be expected,

He should get a season but i doubt he will. Its vital that we get up this year, every game lost will be like a dagger in the heart to us so i can see the pressure building rapidly

given how Hearts romped the championship on a small budget and first time coach - zero.

This. Our problem isnt our budget its the attitude of the players and staff. Hearts had the perfect attitude going in and it well payed off.

We should cap our wages too.

He will get until it is obvious to everyone watching that he isn't upto the job. Our last 3 managers it only took a matter of weeks and their cards were marked, justifiably i may add. Basic errors, stupid decisions, poor line ups. It doesn't take 4 years to suss a bad manager out you can do it pretty quickly.

Seriously new manager needs appointed asap so he and his assistant can start building immediately. I know that if Warburton and Weir are confident of getting the job they will be speaking to each other about possible players. The longer we leave it the more players available on bosmans we will miss out on. They will need our backing but they need to hit the ground running or they are doomed from the start.

It depends on the appointment, the philosophy, the style of football and if you can see progress.

In reality we'll be getting the usual chat from some fans of needing big name signings, a big name manager, winning at all costs, wearing a suit on the sidelines etc etc

not much - we have to win the league. A poor start will heap immediate pressure on any new guy. Frankly, I fail to see what makes us attractive to a new manager - no squad, no info on money for buys, no scouting network and no time.

I agree, but there is still the fact that we are a huge club in football with a history that is unrivalled, so I can still see the attraction for someone to be that person to bring us back to the big time. A manager with ambition and a bit of an ego could easily want to be the guy that leads us back to our rightful place, it would definitely be a massive part of the attraction.