*** Scottish Championship Thread ***

G.E.C.

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Hate seeing Rangers legends being slagged off normally but in the case of the two Fergusons .Fire in .Couple of tossers that have sold their souls for the ££ from the enemies

I would never normally slag off a Rangers player be them current or an ex player trying to make a coin after leaving our Great Club..But he was beyond a joke today. The fact my old Da was annoyed at him tells you just how bad he was..My old Da is as mellow as Bob Marley in Amsterdam, and when I guessed it was DF the auld man asked me.."Is there something wrong with him..??"..Once that bawbag Gordon had confirmed it was DF we changed the channel to SMOOTH RADIO and I put the Sky Sports app on the mobile until we got home.I had to explain to my Da that radio ireland is full of hateful cnuts..but to hear an ex player who I admired a great deal pandering to that mhob did piss me off enough to post it on here.. .As luck would have it I got the ahem *cough link up and running about 50 seconds before wee Harry scored so all ends well..mibee DF is going out for dinner with stubbs the night..???...

32 minutes ago, jim beam said:

If Falkirk finish above the spoon burners I would literally pish myself laughing.

Here's hoping eh?

On a lighter note, how much pish would you emit if Falkirk were to finish second AND get promoted via the play-offs, beating HIVS en-route?

The match reports of both games on BBC webpage is absolutely honking. 

You'd think Hibs had won 10-0

Dumbarton hung on to beat Hibernian and strike the second blow in the space of three days to the Leith side's Championship title chances.

The Sons were two ahead at half-time through Kevin Cawley's strike from distance and Christian Nade's header.

That lead became three when Darren Barr headed in from a corner.

The non-stop Liam Henderson curled in a beauty before Farid El Alagui drove in another, but they failed to reap an equaliser from sustained late pressure.

With Rangers winning and the gap now at 11 points between the Ibrox side and Hibs - who lost 3-0 at home to Morton on Wednesday - with 10 league games to go, it would seem a huge slip-up would be required for Mark Warburton's side not to end up champions.

Alan Stubbs said after the Morton defeat it was important to show it was just "a blip", and Hibs appeared calm and composed as their much-changed starting XI got to grips with Dumbarton.

A passage of crisp passing started by Henderson was almost finished delightfully by the same player within the opening five minutes, meeting Niklas Gunnarsson's cross with his left foot and cushioning a lovely volley from 12 yards off the junction of post and crossbar.

Former Hearts striker Nade was enjoying his remit of pestering the Hibs defence and Paul Hanlon felt the full force of the Frenchman when he ended one of his runs.

But despite Stubbs' men apparent comfort, Dumbarton struck first through Cawley, finishing superbly into the bottom-left corner from 20 yards.

Danny Carmichael and Jason Cummings both sent efforts narrowly wide of goal - misses that proved costly when Dumbarton extended their lead three minutes before half-time through Nade's first ever goal for the club.

The 31-year-old rose to glance Mark Docherty's delivery past the onrushing Mark Oxley.

More jubilation followed straight after the break for the Sons when another former Jambo in the shape of Barr met Calum Waters' corner at the near post to bullet another header in off Oxley.

Nade was withdrawn and goaded the Hibs fans with a 5-1 gesture in reference to their Scottish Cup final defeat to Hearts in 2012.

Liam Henderson sparked Hibernian's revival after half-time

But almost immediately Henderson answered with a mazy run and wonderful finish into the top corner to reduce the deficit.

Henderson's engine was admirable and the man on loan from Celtic was soon instrumental in a second Hibs goal.

He had a shot cleared off the line by Docherty before taking the corner that resulted in substitute El Alagui driving the ball into the net following a scramble.

The Easter Road side piled on the pressure and amounted 16 corners as they searched for an equaliser but Dumbarton showed great resolve to secure crucial points as they try to avoid being embroiled in a relegation fight.

I think Livi, then Morton, now Dumbarton showed that if you attack and go for the jugular against Hibs you will give them major problems. Even simple crosses into the box can bamboozle their defence and keeper into spilling it for your striker. Well done to them instead of parking the bus.

2 hours ago, TonyRice1872 said:

I think Livi, then Morton, now Dumbarton showed that if you attack and go for the jugular against Hibs you will give them major problems. Even simple crosses into the box can bamboozle their defence and keeper into spilling it for your striker. Well done to them instead of parking the bus.

Honestly.They lived a charmed live back in November and December before we beat them. Late,late goals and dodgy penalty vs Falkirk drew them closer to us and gave a false impression.i never doubted their luck and mental strength would would run out. Will be hard for them to hang onto second place as momentum is with the Bairns. 

34 minutes ago, mabawsa said:

Honestly.They lived a charmed live back in November and December before we beat them. Late,late goals and dodgy penalty vs Falkirk drew them closer to us and gave a false impression.i never doubted their luck and mental strength would would run out. Will be hard for them to hang onto second place as momentum is with the Bairns. 

I agree with this as I've been saying a lot of it myself.

Sometime before the new year I heard a report on a hivs game, the reporter sounded really depressed and as much said the game was crap and hivs were lucky as feck.

23 hours ago, mabawsa said:

The loss to them in November was frustrating because we were the better team.  Two bad errors and very bad luck cost us the three points that day.  Oh well... back to 11 points now!

On 27/2/2016 at 4:17 AM, eejay the dj said:

Hate seeing Rangers legends being slagged off normally but in the case of the two Fergusons .Fire in .Couple of tossers that have sold their souls for the ££ from the enemies

To be fair; I would have to say those two aren't the only ones. Recently I have started listening to Radio Clyde Sportsound here in Australia and have noticed that one of their pundits;Gordon Dalziel who apparently started his career with us sounds as if he is having an orgasm when he discusses the Bheasts and Hivs. I know he played for us but I never actually saw him play so I don't know if he is a real bear or not, although he certainly keeps it hidden if he is.