How Far Away Are We?

MacBoyd

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More investment in the squad next season and we have the right man at the helm to compete with them. We will attract more quality from down south and MW will uncover more gems like Tav & Waghorn

Hard to tell but if any team has to spend more than 5 million to win a Diddy league then the manager is pants. Don't even think the league winners get 5 million in prize money do they? We definitely need a finisher but as the season goes on our strikers might answer that calling

Lets see how these guys progress as im pretty sure this squad will get us out of this league and if MW feels he has to strengthen for next season all fair and well but that doesn't necessarily mean millions have to be spent to win a league that pays you shit money for winning it.This is the mind set that got us in the shit in the first place, more going out than what was coming in.Perhaps MW unlike previous management can spot a player bring him to us and develop saving us millions in the process after all that was the reason DA wanted Auchenhowie built as well.Lets be honest we don't need a team of Messis ( only an example) to win the SPL ffs.Even in the SPL the majority of the clubs bar one have never had millions to spend and never will so why this fixation that we need to spend millions to beat the likes of Motherwell,St Johnstone etc I will never know.

MW has made a great start. I think between this window and next we will get there.

The fact that lot have had to pay a transfer fee and over the odds wages for a player they don't need just cause we tried to get him says a lot.

I bet MW already has another midfielder on his radar that is better and who wants to play for us. He just has kept it quiet and done the business.

I think he played a blinder over that saga and made a fool out of Stubbs and the scum too.

We are not that far behind IMO, just a few things needed to fully compete with them.

We already have the better management team and we are growing as a club again, their recent signing policy of mainly players from Scottish clubs shows they do not have fortunes to spend. If we continue to use the English market the way we have them we will be in decent shape.

I believe the Enhlish lower leagues are a bit of a goldmine at the minute with the EPL flooded with foreign players and our manager looks to have an eye for a bargain.

I seriously think that were not to far away. A right good couple of players and with the way warbs has us playing we wont be far behind if not on a par with them.

Look at there squad theres a few good players commons, van dyke n gordan. Commons wont last much longer he carries too much weight and injuries. Van dyke will be off. There squad has been getting downsized for years and this scott allan signing is downsizing but theyve used it as a smokescreen.

I love a stat so here.

Jason Holt 55 league games 13 goals.

Andy halliday 83 games 18 goals.

(Scott allan 58 games 5 goals.)

I don't think we should be concerned about next season. A top 3 finish first year back would be nice but it's a long way to May so I'm waiting a few months before I think about next year. I have really lost interest in 'them', one of the nice things about our journey, so I really only care about Champions League nights not about any derby match with the scum from the east.

Honestly. and I mean this, I see no reason why we can't win the top league next year. Firstly, Septic are NOT a good team, in fact, they are pretty horrendous, full of ex players from bit part Scottish teams. Secondly, we have some fantastic players already. Ok, we might need another couple of players to add to the squad, but look at some of the incredible talent we have...McKay and Walsh, both very young and both top drawer players ( despite the fact that we love to put our youth down at times on here), Tav and Wags..need I say more about these two! Halliday- been so impressed with this guy, and yet another young guy, although compared to McKay and Walsh he is old. Holt, another youngster, but really looks like an accomplished footballer. Wallace...best left back in Scotland by a country mile! Our two centre halfs will need gelling, but that will come with games as it always does with the centre half pairings. Furthermore, I personally think Law could turn into a great player under our new management, and hopefully they can also get the best out of Temps etc..we shall see on this one.

We need to actually stop putting the scum on this pedestal and realise that they are a shit football team, and that with our style of play and the players we have then we could - and should- beat them. Something we lost over the Ally years was self-belief, and getting that back is not easy, however, I can see already that it is back, not only on the pitch but in the stands, too. We need to go into every game expecting to win and seeing anything less as a total failure.

Based on three games, it's difficult to say. However, if I had to make a call, I'd be honest and say we're well off the taigs.

I believe in what Warburton is doing, but acknowledge that it will take time. We must learn to accept that, despite the fact that time hasnt always been a luxury granted at Ibrox.

Hearts are an unknown entity, flying to the top with a number of new faces previously unknown, so I couldn't possibly judge them, but I think Aberdeen would fancy themselves against us. Once upon a time, Dundee United, too, but they're a skeleton of the side they once were, having lost by far their three best players.

Celtic have just signed a boy from under our noses who, as I try not to allow my bitterness to get in the way of the truth, was a stand-out in our league last season in a poor, second-rate Hibs side. Make no mistake, Scott Allan would have significantly improved our squad and commanded a starting slot. Yet, that calibre of player is now looking at time on the Celtic bench because in the middle of the park, they're strong.

I'm not afraid to admit that I'm hurting right now, big time. We were laughed at last season, we were laughed at in the play-offs, we are now being laughed at having had our Allan deal hijacked and to make matters worse, one of our own chose to sign for them as opposed to waiting for us. Am I deluded in my love for Rangers? I must be, because history is repeating itself following Naismith, Davis and McGregor turning their back on my fine club that I assumed they would have walked over broken glass for.

Above all of this, though, we have a fine manager in place and my last memory of Rangers kicking fuck out of Scottish football by his side in Davie Weir. Onwards and upwards.

Remember times like these when we're back, lifting league trophies and visiting Hampden in May every year for a party.

Honestly. and I mean this, I see no reason why we can't win the top league next year. Firstly, Septic are NOT a good team, in fact, they are pretty horrendous, full of ex players from bit part Scottish teams. Secondly, we have some fantastic players already. Ok, we might need another couple of players to add to the squad, but look at some of the incredible talent we have...McKay and Walsh, both very young and both top drawer players ( despite the fact that we love to put our youth down at times on here), Tav and Wags..need I say more about these two! Halliday- been so impressed with this guy, and yet another young guy, although compared to McKay and Walsh he is old. Holt, another youngster, but really looks like an accomplished footballer. Wallace...best left back in Scotland by a country mile! Our two centre halfs will need gelling, but that will come with games as it always does with the centre half pairings. Furthermore, I personally think Law could turn into a great player under our new management, and hopefully they can also get the best out of Temps etc..we shall see on this one.

We need to actually stop putting the scum on this pedestal and realise that they are a shit football team, and that with our style of play and the players we have then we could - and should- beat them. Something we lost over the Ally years was self-belief, and getting that back is not easy, however, I can see already that it is back, not only on the pitch but in the stands, too. We need to go into every game expecting to win and seeing anything less as a total failure.

With MW&DW we will go into every game to win

It would be hard to say how far we are from competing in the top league, or even at European level till we are actually promoted. Things can happen at a club this size very quickly; rapid success has been a part of the club's history in the past, and if we get a youth policy going, and we bring on our talented youngsters to be familiar with first team football, then it might only take a few good signings. Even this season's Rangers will differ radically from next season's after we are promoted in terms of the quality of the squad; the demands will be greater, but the ability to attract better players will be higher also.

The team we have with a season under their belt are good enough to win the top flight, with the addition of 4/5 better players than we have at the moment there is no reason we can't win the top league first time of asking.

Does anyone seriously think Mr Warburton and Davie Weir are going to simply take next season as a stop gap to winning the league the season after.

If we start producing a winning team this year and gain enough confidence and momentum, it can be quite surprising how far that can take you in the first season back in the top league. Football history is littered with examples of this, perhaps the most famous being Notts Forest.

Look at it this way.

A majority of their signings cost them hundreds of thousands, not even millions. Van Dijk aside (who only cost £2m) I don't think their alleged "superstars" cost them anything more than 900k.

Smart recruitment, a squad of equal quality and consistency and we will be fine.

Their decline in the last 3 years is obvious, no matter how much they like to deny it.