Scotland V Poland

Shuggy

Nah I just don't get it. I don't understand how anyone born in this country can watch the game tonight and not get annoyed or feel anything. I hate the Sfa as much as the next person but at the end of the day I'm still scottish

Like I say. Each to their own. I will never, ever cheer on, or even sit down to watch a team consisting of players who denied our existence. Also couldn't bring myself to stand shoulder to shoulder with pricks that froth and foam at the mouth at the very thought of us going under.

Small minded in the eyes of some that maybe, but at least I'm staying true to my own feelings.

Also, for anyone who thinks that I may be happy at ROI finishing above us......just think about this. Now that Scotland are out......just who do you think 90% of the Tartan Trannies will be following next year. Vermin the fucking lot of them!

I don't believe that for a second. I think you're perfectly capable of being rational about it all.

I struggle to understand why many intelligent people don't rationalise it. Because to me, if you do, there's only one outcome, so I can only assume they don't rather than can't.

Maybe I'm arrogant and missing it, and it is rational somehow, but I genuinely can't see it. I really, really can't when I see Ireland through, Scotland struggling and people amused. It's suddenly new reality!

I would chose Scotland over the ROI every time but Inigo you have to accept that some Bears who are Scottish don't really care about our national team any more,you sound like you're still passionate about our national team but you not everyone is going to feel the same way as you.

I would chose Scotland over the ROI every time but Inigo you have to accept that some Bears who are Scottish don't really care about our national team any more,you sound like you're still passionate about our national team but you not everyone is going to feel the same way as you.

Yeah, I do get that. I don't get the sheer pleasure involved in Scottish failure and the other stuff.

I cared deeply about Scotland for a long time, never missed a game at Hampden through most of the 70s and 80s. Then something happened and from after Italia 90 onwards I felt a sort of apathy, although it was more directed at Andy Roxburgh and Craig Brown than anyone else.

In the early part of this century I made an effort to go back, taking my son to see Scotland as well as Rangers - but it just seemed different. The Tartan Army "brand" had appeared, and all these guys in kilts and stupid hats were everywhere instead of guys just wearing a tartan scarf in the same way as you would just wear a Rangers scarf. I felt I didn't fit in with these guys, who only seemed to know one song about "coming down the road" ad nauseum. No mention of Jimmy Hill, or Bobby Moore.

After a few games I gave up, being uninspired by the team and feeling an alien among the support. Apathetic I remained, and when things went tits-up at Ibrox I was taken aback by the vitriol and hatred from the fans of other clubs, who seemed to me to me the backbone of the modern day Scotland support.

I never actively supported the opposition, but didn't shed any tears at bad results either. I love the country, it's as much mine as it is any kilted, hat-with-a-big-feather-and-dozens-of-wee-badges, Caterpillar-boots-wearing uber Nationalist's. I watched tonight, I was momentarily deflated at the end, but I'm over it.

Yeah. I can understand all of that too, and I don't have any issue with it. Most of this kind of stuff isn't really what makes no sense to me. It disappoints me, same way if people drifted from Rangers (not as much as that, though), but I get it.

Circumstances and fate have been very kind to Scott Brown, for to have played for Scotland and tims for so long with aggression and energy alone involves a lot of luck . Hard to believe of a man with his experience exactly how many times he goes chasing the ball and leaves a hole which gets exploited . happened in both Germany and Poland games at Hampden and both times it cost us dear,absolutely no brain.

Like I say. Each to their own. I will never, ever cheer on, or even sit down to watch a team consisting of players who denied our existence. Also couldn't bring myself to stand shoulder to shoulder with pricks that froth and foam at the mouth at the very thought of us going under.

Small minded in the eyes of some that maybe, but at least I'm staying true to my own feelings.

Also, for anyone who thinks that I may be happy at ROI finishing above us......just think about this. Now that Scotland are out......just who do you think 90% of the Tartan Trannies will be following next year. Vermin the fucking lot of them!

Aye canny see us agreeing on this. But I see it as supporting a team rather than individual players. If the turncoat rats re-signed for Rangers I'd still support us.

I also don't support teams because of who else follows them. I couldn't give fuck about the tartan trannies. I support Scotland as that's my country and I couldn't turn my back on them.

Mcgeady and McCarthy turned their back on their countries and I just couldn't see myself doing something similar

Circumstances and fate have been very kind to Scott Brown, for to have played for Scotland and tims for so long with aggression and energy alone involves a lot of luck . Hard to believe of a man with his experience exactly how many times he goes chasing the ball and leaves a hole which gets exploited . happened in both Germany and Poland games at Hampden and both times it cost us dear,absolutely no brain.

He's been very lucky to be playing at this time. There was a time when he would have been lucky to be a ball boy.

I cared deeply about Scotland for a long time, never missed a game at Hampden through most of the 70s and 80s. Then something happened and from after Italia 90 onwards I felt a sort of apathy, although it was more directed at Andy Roxburgh and Craig Brown than anyone else.

In the early part of this century I made an effort to go back, taking my son to see Scotland as well as Rangers - but it just seemed different. The Tartan Army "brand" had appeared, and all these guys in kilts and stupid hats were everywhere instead of guys just wearing a tartan scarf in the same way as you would just wear a Rangers scarf. I felt I didn't fit in with these guys, who only seemed to know one song about "coming down the road" ad nauseum. No mention of Jimmy Hill, or Bobby Moore.

After a few games I gave up, being uninspired by the team and feeling an alien among the support. Apathetic I remained, and when things went tits-up at Ibrox I was taken aback by the vitriol and hatred from the fans of other clubs, who seemed to me to me the backbone of the modern day Scotland support.

I never actively supported the opposition, but didn't shed any tears at bad results either. I love the country, it's as much mine as it is any kilted, hat-with-a-big-feather-and-dozens-of-wee-badges, Caterpillar-boots-wearing uber Nationalist's. I watched tonight, I was momentarily deflated at the end, but I'm over it.

What a post! (tu)

Aye canny see us agreeing on this. But I see it as supporting a team rather than individual players. If the turncoat rats re-signed for Rangers I'd still support us.

I also don't support teams because of who else follows them. I couldn't give fuck about the tartan trannies. I support Scotland as that's my country and I couldn't turn my back on them.

Mcgeady and McCarthy turned their back on their countries and I just couldn't see myself doing something similar

We won't mate, but we'll not fall out over it either. (tu) As I said to Jinty....you're probably a better person than I am for rising above all that.

I just can't bring myself to do it yet.

Yeah, I do get that. I don't get the sheer pleasure involved in Scottish failure and the other stuff.

Our club has been consistently kicked and laughed at by the people running the Scottish National Team and by at least a very large proportion of the fan base. That fan base is also largely made up of people that brand you a traitor and not a true Scot for daring to vote in a certain way.

Stuff like that creates cynicism

Aye mate, except I'm not that bothered about the result one way or the other, looking forward to the day we have Rangers players in the Scotland team again and hopefully a decent manager and football association.

After the way we have been savaged? Whittaker in front of Wallace? Are you fuckin insane man? The sfa have laid down their carpet.how can you sit there and be gutted or disappointed.

They made their bed and I hope they and those who battered us lie on pointed springs through their mattress tonight.I hope they are ashamed and embarrassed .

Fuckin Scott Brown as captain, could not see a Barry Ferguson pass or control if it kicked him in the baw's twice.fuckin shite footballer.

Sfa11.wankers and fuck all to do with me.

.get tae fuck out.

No Surrender

Rab

You seem to be under the misconception that Scotland getting beat is good for Rangers. That it's us gaining some form of revenge. It's not. They only revenge we can get is winning the spl.

Surely you can see the SFA and the Scotland football team as different entities. Us Rangers fans know better than most that a company is not the same as a football team

Our club has been consistently kicked and laughed at by the people running the Scottish National Team and by at least a very large proportion of the fan base. That fan base is also largely made up of people that brand you a traitor and not a true Scot for daring to vote in a certain way.

Stuff like that creates cynicism

Yeah, this is one of the things I don't get, for the reasons I've given above. Cynical, yes, but it seems illogical to me as well.

Are you comparing us to them?

Yeah, this is one of the things I don't get, for the reasons I've given above. Cynical, yes, but it seems illogical to me as well.

What is it you don't understand about 'never forgive; never forget'?

You know that the culture of an organization is created from the character of its leaders. How can anyone support with passion a culture that they hate?

Start with Regan and Liewell and get rid of them all, all the way down to Chesney, then the passion will return. The TA won't know what hit them.

What is it you don't understand about 'never forgive; never forget'?

You know that the culture of an organization is created from the character of its leaders. How can anyone support with passion a culture that they hate?

Start with Regan and Liewell and get rid of them all, all the way down to Chesney, then the passion will return. The TA won't know what hit them.

I don't accept the idea that the culture of a football team is determined by the actions of administrators. Especially in a national team setting, as opposed to a club. I don't think the idea of a culture works in that sense. Somehow the team hates us, the way the SFA do, in a way that the team hasn't before, simply because the SFA do? Because that's essentially what you're saying if you talk of a pervasive culture.

What people hate is simply the Tartan Army and the SFA, and for the reasons I've explained, it makes no sense to me for this to translate to a hatred of the national team. Because the SFA are just the administrators, and the team does not belong to those elements of the TA any more than it does to anyone else, and the wee team members of the TA are not important enough to hate so much that they stop you supporting your nation's team. Cutting off your nose and all that.

You seriously hate the TA, Killie, ICT, Aberdeen fans etc, that much? Seems a bit disproportionate to their importance to hate them that much to me, considering how small beer these people are. That's what I don't get about never forgive, never forget in this context.

I don't accept the idea that the culture of a football team is determined by the actions of administrators. Especially in a national team setting, as opposed to a club. I don't think the idea of a culture works in that sense. Somehow the team hates us, the way the SFA do, in a way that the team hasn't before, simply because the SFA do? Because that's essentially what you're saying if you talk of a pervasive culture.

What people hate is simply the Tartan Army and the SFA, and for the reasons I've explained, it makes no sense to me for this to translate to a hatred of the national team. Because the SFA are just the administrators, and the team does not belong to those elements of the TA any more than it does to anyone else, and the wee team members of the TA are not important enough to hate so much that they stop you supporting your nation's team. Cutting off your nose and all that.

You seriously hate the TA, Killie, ICT, Aberdeen fans etc, that much? Seems a bit disproportionate to their importance to hate them that much to me, considering how small beer these people are.

What about certain elements of that team who acted like rats off a sinking ship, who went onto national TV and effectively said we were dead?

I'm sorry, but it's just not in me to support a team consisting of these people.

What about certain elements of that team who acted like rats off a sinking ship, who went onto national TV and effectively said we were dead?

I'm sorry, but it's just not in me to support a team consisting of these people.

I must admit I watch Everton games hoping to see Naismith suffer a career-ending injury.

So can we count Lafferty and his NI team amongst this, there are a fair few agenda driven hypocrites on other threads who conviently forget.

To me, the team is a concept that represents the nation, rather than an individual. Individuals come and go, and there always have been, and always will be guys I don't like. Like when people say 'the jersey'. What they mean is what transcends the individuals of the moment. 'Play for the jesrsey'. At a club, that means play for the club. For a nation, it means play for the nation. A nation that's mine as much as it is Mr average Joe TA member.

So can we count Lafferty and his NI team amongst this, there are a fair few agenda driven hypocrites on other threads who conviently forget.

Yeah, exactly. This is the kind of thing that I mean about different standards applied to supporting the Scottish National Team.

You seriously hate the TA, Killie, ICT, Aberdeen fans etc, that much? Seems a bit disproportionate to their importance to hate them that much to me, considering how small beer these people are. That's what I don't get about never forgive, never forget in this context.

I never said the Scottish team hated us, nor did I say I hated fans. I said that the fans who are not prepared to follow Scotland's team with a passion are those who will not 'forgive and forget'.

I said Regan to Chesney should be culled. As long as this organization has success at the gate, and any other money generating stream they will ignore this element of Scotland fans who are displeased that they still run the game in Scotland. We know this from the way they treated Rangers.

Explain to me how you would extricate the men who tried to kill Rangers from their positions within the Scottish game. Or, do you not want to?