*****The Official Rangers v Them thread*****

VallancesDog

6 hours ago, gogzy said:

No idea how this game will go, trying to predict an old firm game isn't easy.

I will say that I am 10 times more confident than the last time we played them.   We are playing good footbal for the most part, and have not tasted too many defeats this season.  They are very very inconsistent and have lost a good few games. 

This is our best chance to beat them in years and I hope we manage it.  If we do, it will go down as one of the biggest wins against them ever IMO.

Couldn't agree more about that last bit. Considering the amount of time and money they have had to build a team in comparison to the team we have built in 10 months, if (or when) we beat them, it will be the sweetest victory in my lifetime easily. 

3-1 Rangers, Wallace Miller and Holt to score.

15 hours ago, NamibianBear said:

Due to our extreme class, we do not count any of the war results in our tallies, respecting those Rangers that were away at the time.

Unlike them of course........

You've got a point re 'respecting those players' but conversely you disrespect players like Scott Symons, Wullie Wadddell,  George Young, Dougie Gray, and the other  players who played on that historic day for Rangers.

It is a particularly handy result to remind the scum of when they bring up the 1957 scoreline.

I doubt very much those heroes who served would find it disrespectful in the least that we recognize and honour their fellow players on their record accomplishment, and agree with Rangers official historian, Dave Mason, that the game should be officially recognized..

I don't think we have anything to fear, keep the thumb out the game and our attacking players in it and I can see a positive outcome for us.........have a good feeling about this and hope the lads remain focused and extra determined 

I expect Celtic to have wingers pushed right up either side of the pitch.  They'll use them as out balls each time they gain possession hoping to catch Wallace or Tavernier high up the pitch.  I don't think the wingers they use will even be asked to track back and I've heard Roberts doesn't do that anyway. 

Roberts will be main outlet, he loosk very dangerous, so i exspect them to try hit us on the break using him as an outlay, Wallace might not play as far forward i reckon he`ll need to check his runs. As much as we hate grifindor from Lord of the rings, hes been n out n out goalscorer this season, i think we will concede but we`ll score also! Wilson really needs to up his game, just look so slow and lacksure to me, 2 - 1 the Bears

I can't help but think we have missed a trick by not avoiding the mhanky mhob , on current form we would wipe the floor with the other 2 shysters in the other semi.

A final appearance guarantees Europe next season, which would enhance our spending budget for players. 

Don't get me wrong their will be no greater satisfaction if we do beat the cunts and go on to actually win the cup.:crywank:

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I can't help but think we have missed a trick by not avoiding the mhanky mhob , on current form we would wipe the floor with the other 2 shysters in the other semi.

A final appearance guarantees Europe next season, which would enhance our spending budget for players. 

Don't get me wrong their will be no greater satisfaction if we do beat the cunts and go on to actually win the cup.:crywank:

I'm not sure simply appearing in the final gets us Europe. Pretty certain we need to win it.

15 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

A final appearance guarantees nothing but a final appearance.

You need to win the cup to get into the Europa league now, as has been the case for a few seasons now! If the winner of the cup has already qualified for Europe it goes to the next best placed team in the league.

1 hour ago, ThatNightInFlorence said:

Inverness won the Scottish cup last season and finished third in the league, st. Johnstone got that Europe league place and not Falkirk.

We will just need to scud the beggars the go on to win it then.