*****The Official Rangers v Them thread*****

VallancesDog

1 hour ago, DAVIE8CH said:

read somewhere that we are wearing surgical masks on sunday  is this correct ?

Yes. Also a surgical gown. We are dressing as dentists to take the piss out of that lots teeth. If you can't get a gown get yourself some marigolds. 

After yesterday gutted  no ticket for Sunday but the team will be in safe hands with all bears who have earned theirs

our attacking play is a joy to behold but its obvious we're weak at corners and high balls through the middle

but spirit and  will to win should see us through

3-2 to the famous

I think they will try and out-muscle us in midfield, to cut off the supply to our forwards. We're not equipped to bypass the middle of the park, They'll target our wee guys like McKay and Holt, Brown will no doubt get away with murder as usual.

If we can get our passing game going we can hurt them, all the teams who horse them in Europe have passed them off the park.

Pass the ball, be patient, proddy at there defenses and they'll just tire right out. 

At that point it'll be easy pickings for Miller, McKay, Tav, Haliday so on so forth. The biggest ask next week is of our defense, Kiernan will need to keep his head screwed on straight and not be too aggression. Wilson will need to be fully alert. Ball, Wallace and Tav will need to give them good cover too. 

When it comes to set pieces, we'll really just need to cross our fingers. 

McKay, Holt, Haliday and Forrester will need to be careful, they'll likely be the target off nasty tackles. 

The boys do what they done against Dundee to the taigs, and it'll be a easy game for us.

16 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Pass the ball, be patient, proddy at there defenses and they'll just tire right out. 

At that point it'll be easy pickings for Miller, McKay, Tav, Haliday so on so forth. The biggest ask next week is of our defense, Kiernan will need to keep his head screwed on straight and not be too aggression. Wilson will need to be fully alert. Ball, Wallace and Tav will need to give them good cover too. 

McKay, Holt, Haliday and Forrester will need to be careful, they'll likely be the target off nasty tackles. 

The boys do what they done against Dundee to the taigs, and it'll be a easy game for us.

I mentioned this in another thread specifically about McKay. He will be booted off the park.

Thing is, he just gets up and gets on with it. Wonder what will happen this week. I dont mean for him to lie down and roll about, nor be overly aggresive, but show something...

Forrester has taken a couple of late challenges in recent games and looks like he is gonna deck the defender. Can see it happening here.

Holt will get on with it.

Halliday will take a few knocks but I think he will demand first free kick within range. If he scores, thats how he will get back at them.

8 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

I mentioned this in another thread specifically about McKay. He will be booted off the park.

Nothing surer, the only thing we can hope for is that thompson doesn't fuck around. 

8 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Thing is, he just gets up and gets on with it.

See that's what I like about O'halloran, he is tanky as fuck. Amount of times he's had defenders try to take him out and he just keeps on trucking. 

9 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

nor be overly aggresive, but show something...

He needs to get physical, assert himself more than anything. 

9 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Halliday will take a few knocks but I think he will demand first free kick within range

Brown will likely mark the fuck out of Haliday and clip at his heels the full 90. For him to get a goal would shut the taigs up. 

Forrester should hopefully be alright, but he's surely a target but he's got tricks. See even if we get McKay, Holt and Forrester into advanced positions where they'll get tackled granted it's dangerous but it would favor us since we've got 2 players capable with free kicks and will get penalties. 

8 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Theres no question that Ball will start in midfield. I just wonder if MW will revert to  4-4-2 rather than 4-3-3 with Forrester tucking in helping the midfield and helping Miller and McKay up front when he can. 

Plan B is to do Plan A better

No chance of 4-4-2

51 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

I think they will try and out-muscle us in midfield, to cut off the supply to our forwards. We're not equipped to bypass the middle of the park, They'll target our wee guys like McKay and Holt, Brown will no doubt get away with murder as usual.

If we can get our passing game going we can hurt them, all the teams who horse them in Europe have passed them off the park.

They will almost certainly start with two holding midfielders and try to stifle our attacking play, we need to move the ball quickly and not take too many touches. The Dundee game and the first half against Falkirk showed just how good we can be when we are on form, have the confidence to play like that and they will be run ragged.

19 minutes ago, 7troop said:

One thing is for sure, it won't be 0-0!

Kills me to say it but I think we will lose 4-2. 

I just see such an open game and no way we will keep them out. 

Don't think ive ever known a bear to have us fuckin beat off them before a balls kicked. I always expect us to get a result against them, that might be heart ruling head a lot but would I Fûck say publicly they will take 4 off us. 

34 minutes ago, Coplandbear11 said:

Don't think ive ever known a bear to have us fuckin beat off them before a balls kicked. I always expect us to get a result against them, that might be heart ruling head a lot but would I Fûck say publicly they will take 4 off us. 

This. A bear in my work argued with me because I said we'd beat them ??

37 minutes ago, Coplandbear11 said:

The only time I've not been confident was last year (although I still expected a win!)

This year, we're a different animal, we play like we did against dundee and it could be a long afternoon for them

If we pass the ball around them then hair doo will start kicking everything and give up free kicks. I expect us to hold the ball and septic to be forced in to counter attacking. 0-0 half time, 3-0 or 3-1 to Rangers full time.

On 4/10/2016 at 3:11 PM, VallancesDog said:

Biggest Rangers victories 

Rangers 5-0 Scum – Season 1893/1894

Scum 1-5 Rangers – Season 1960/1961

Rangers 5-1 Scum – Season 1987/1988

Rangers 5-1 Scum – Season 1999/2000

Emmm... you forgot to include our total humiliation of Paedo fc at ibrox in 1943 in this list

Rangers 8 v Paedo fc 1

2 hours ago, 7troop said:

One thing is for sure, it won't be 0-0!

Kills me to say it but I think we will lose 4-2. 

I just see such an open game and no way we will keep them out. 

Surrendered before a ball is kicked.

You sure you're from Belfast?

5 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Set pieces will be huge for us. We didn't look very comfortable against Peterhead albeit they were a bloody tall squad of players.