Rangers will struggle

Dickie

31 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

TBH, after the last four games we played, I can see how people make this judgement, we have only turned up against the Tim's recently.

turned up to the game that matters. Same will happen in the final.

it is very hard to get yourself up for a game that means nothing(looking at the bigger picture) all players have been trying to do since we got to the final is actually get to that day in one piece. Poor attitude possibly but understandable

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Smile said:

What concerned me most was players attitudes since we had the league wrapped up there was a real lack of professionalism throughout the team, You only have to look at the likes of Leicester yesterday to see how a team should go about their business even when the league is won.

Fair point but I'll guarantee you they'd have shown less had they been playing an FA CUP final next week.

3 hours ago, Dickie said:

Logan and considine of the sheep both stated that we will struggle next season,well watching their pathetic showing against the Tims then I find their predictions laughable. I have yet to see one decent team in the so called top league that I would not be confident of beating especially when we add on to our pool

Can you imagine ONE Rangers player giving a single fu*k about the sheep ?

If Mr Warburton can shore up the recent defensive frailties, over the course of the season we will be in contention come April. Right now I would take that as good progression, should we win it, my heart might not be strong enough :pipe:

Rangers beat Dundee and Celtic this season.  Hibs have beaten Aberdeen, Hearts, St.Johnstone, and Dundee United.  It's not a freak result it's been very consistent.  It tells me that there is no gap in quality between the Championship and the top-tier.  Rangers will start next season much improved so I don't see how we'll struggle.  If fact, if Aberdeen had any good players we'd probably take them, but they don't.

27 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Rangers beat Dundee and Celtic this season.  Hibs have beaten Aberdeen, Hearts, St.Johnstone, and Dundee United.  It's not a freak result it's been very consistent.  It tells me that there is no gap in quality between the Championship and the top-tier.  Rangers will start next season much improved so I don't see how we'll struggle.  If fact, if Aberdeen had any good players we'd probably take them, but they don't.

And Kilmarnock..

The pisser is our mere presence next season make's this league a much more interesting proposition to the world audience, Ranger's back to save the day, as we have saved Scottish football one league at a time.   

In fact, right now we have a Championship and top-tier that is very similar in quality.  This would be a great time to restructure to a 20 team top-tier again.  Three leagues of 20 teams is the best setup we can have in Scotland.  three teams moving up and down each season.  I hate the way things are now with the end of season splits and playing each other far too often.  38 games per season playing everyone once home and away is perfect (tu)

6 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Exactly. As someone pointed out earlier, half the championship teams could easily hold their own in our so called 'Top Division' 

There is no reason whatsoever why we shouldn't win the league. Teams like Aberdeen, Hearts and Celtic open up which wie can exploit big time. Looking forward to shutting an awful lot of people up next season. 

15 hours ago, Dickie said:

Logan and considine of the sheep both stated that we will struggle next season,well watching their pathetic showing against the Tims then I find their predictions laughable. I have yet to see one decent team in the so called top league that I would not be confident of beating especially when we add on to our pool

Who are these two characters?

Do they actually play for the sheep?

They are nobody! They mean nothing to anyone outside of Aberdeen.

Did they not watch us rip apart Dundee, then completely outplay celt*c?

The Rangers are back, and there's another two blaw-hards we'll put back in their place next season.

WATP

Statements like that are nothing but soft talk for their fans trying to assure them that the return of Rangers wont mean they are again reduced to nothing but also rans and as somebody else already mentioned I don't think he actually said anything negative about Rangers.  Overall he was claiming that Aberdeen would still be up there as a contender.

And of course that's where he and I would diverge.  A contender isn't lagging 12 points behind the leaders with two matches remaining.  A contender doesn't totally fuck up every time the leaders drop points as Aberdeen have consistently all season even when their game came AFTER the leader had dropped points and they knew exactly what was at stake.  They did it so consistently we may have to alternate between hibsing it and sheeping it.

Aberdeen beat them a couple of times this season and that's almost entirely what their claim to be a contender is based on.  Outside that they showed none of the attributes a real contender should have over the course of a season and with an even stronger Rangers back next season their claims of being a contender will drop ever further into the realms of fantasy.

Another point is that I believe it's irritating them that even right now no one is talking about Aberdeen in relation to next season.  The biggest talking point about next season is the return of Rangers and I get the feeling that grates on all their nerves but is simply further evidence of how utterly vapid that league has been since we left it and despite how obvious that is they don't want to acknowledge it.

Aberdeen's only future in the SPL is contending for a Europa league spot not the title.  They need to get used to that.  

The top league will be harder than most on here expect but we are going up to compete - winning it first season is a big ask but is doable - it's jus not going to be easy! There is not one team that will look at playing us and think that's an easy 3 points. 

15 hours ago, Smile said:

We aren't a decent team either as our collapse at the end of the season has shown. some think we are world beaters as we beat a shit scum team.

We have a long way to go.

Collapse :lol:

Not like you to be a drama queen.

16 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

In fact, right now we have a Championship and top-tier that is very similar in quality.  This would be a great time to restructure to a 20 team top-tier again.  Three leagues of 20 teams is the best setup we can have in Scotland.  three teams moving up and down each season.  I hate the way things are now with the end of season splits and playing each other far too often.  38 games per season playing everyone once home and away is perfect (tu)

Yup.

Even 18 clubs. 34 league games. And if the league was restructured now, the Spoonburners would get it tight from everyone else for no being able to get promoted fair and square! I can't see a downside. 

Now we have this arsehole McInnes coming out saying Rangers will have to spend millions an millions to get anywhere near celtic they cunts will have to spend plenty (which they dont have) to get anywhere near us.

13 minutes ago, Zulu said:

Now we have this arsehole McInnes coming out saying Rangers will have to spend millions an millions to get anywhere near celtic they cunts will have to spend plenty (which they dont have) to get anywhere near us.

Of the top of my head Aberdeen's biggest outlay has been Kenny Mclean for 300k since 2012. They have took cellic to within 9-12 points of the title this season, having spent less than we have in 1 year, over 4 years. 

Him and Neilson have both ran their mouths now and it is incidentally one of them who will miss out on Europe with us being back up. 

Neilson of all people should know what financial mismanagement does to a club yet he's running his mouth about £24mill.

In a year where Leicester City win the premier league, and I make Atletico favourites for the champions league - there's still people out there that genuinely don't think we can finish ahead of Celtic and Aberdeen next season. Worse yet is some of them are Bears :power_of_anguish:

We will not struggle next season although the likes of Aberdeen and the rest of the provincial clubs will play out of there skins against us as per norm.

Mr Warburton will have his work cut out sorting our frailties from the back forward but with the backing of the board he will do this.And depending on the players that are recruited I honestly see no reason why number 55 cannot be achieved this season.

Aberdeen were beaten 3 times by St Johnstone and conceded 13 goals to them,   fuck knows how they still managed to get so close to the tims. Next season such buffoonery will see them trailing well behind us.

Hearts is the one that gets me, so many people seem to rate them but how many tankings have they had off the tims? 

I dont see how anyone who's being honest can make a case for  either of these being close to us next season.

31 minutes ago, centenarystand said:

Aberdeen were beaten 3 times by St Johnstone and conceded 13 goals to them,   fuck knows how they still managed to get so close to the tims. Next season such buffoonery will see them trailing well behind us.

Hearts is the one that gets me, so many people seem to rate them but how many tankings have they had off the tims? 

I dont see how anyone who's being honest can make a case for  either of these being close to us next season.

I think posters are being realistic we won one league game in April and then lost our last game to Livingston. Hearts won the league with ten points more on us this year in the championship with a manager who had done nothing previously, they then strengthened their team and have been pish in the SPL. Obviously, we all hope we go up and win it the first time of asking but its not going to be easy.

4 hours ago, Smile said:

What would you term it. ?

It's pretty evident they've put the tools away since the semi final. It's not acceptable by any means but it's certainly not a 'collapse'.