Welcome To Rangers, Matt Gilks

Broxi

Of all the positions, goalkeeper is my biggest worry.  I think Wes is good, but no more than that.  We were suspect at the back last year and Wes played a part in that, so i was hoping for an improvement in that position.  

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

An improvement on Bell and a current better option than a youngster yet people still aren't happy.

Long gone are the days of Rangers signing Borussia Dortmund goalkeepers. Please get your heads around the fact we're not able to attract or afford to do these things now a days 

3 hours ago, Goianegra said:

I totally agree it would have been nice to have someone like Bentley come in and challenge, but Gilks is definitely a step up and has the ability to step up. I'm a fan of Wes, find him rather underrated and think we should put what money we have towards other positions.

I hope your right. Every time I saw him play for Blackpool I though he looked terrible. He'd make a few saves mainly because he had about 20 shots to save a game when they were in the EPL but he looked well out of his depth. I haven't seen him since so can't comment on how he's been since..I'm assuming he's better than Bell...doubt they'd downgrade the replacement so from that point of view I'm happy.

Not a massive fan of West sadly. I do think he's got a lot of qualities he just isn't a keeper that gives me confidence. 

7 hours ago, The Dude said:

Gives experienced back-up/competition to Foderingham and let's Kelly go out on loan again to get more competitive game time.

This, the part about Kelly going out on loan and getting more first team experience, I actually don't think he will be back up to Wes though I think he will be pushing him very hard for the number 1 spot.

9 minutes ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

This, the part about Kelly going out on loan and getting more first team experience, I actually don't think he will be back up to Wes though I think he will be pushing him very hard for the number 1 spot.

So do I tbh, but the jersey is Wes' to lose. Kelly done really well at East Fife in the second half of the season and hopefully he can get someting sorted early and get as much of the season under his belt as possible.

I was also uninspired when Alexander signed as back up too and the job he did Manchester season filling in was phenomenal 

i don't think Gilks is the top class keeper we need as a first choice but for a back up I honestly don't think we can ask for much more