Waghorn and Tavernier in "Bad Books"

RDFM

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps a different form of reaction is needed.   It's not just the players who might want to think about what sort of reaction they need to produce, maybe MW himself and DK need to act to produce a better quality CB to shore up what still looks to be a slow and leaky defence - maybe even another FB who knows how to defend, and definitely produce a goal scoring No9.   Takes money of course.  Remember the fabled £30m of talent that left Ibrox - well its not really been replaced.  The folk who will know how much money is available to spend is DK, the Board and MW.   Maybe its their reaction that is the most meaningful one we need to see.   Focussing on players post-match actions is one thing but the Board and MW are getting off the hook a bit by a lack of focus on what they can and should be doing to add the best affordable quality defensive and striker player needed to lift the team to a higher level.

5 hours ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Cwoodloyal on FF says this -

"Heard Waghorn and Tav were meant to be in the shit for going out on piss on Saturday night with Lovenkrands. MW after game asked for a reaction from players and a lot of them went and done another training sesh and they ignored and went out. He's not meant to be happy"

You got a link to where he said this?

Im not sure where to stand on this. As much as you want a fit athletic team, you also want them to have a social life.

Hopefully someone will answer... were they doing anything that embarrassed the club? (i.e get into fights or slouched with a kebab in the street)

21 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Im not sure where to stand on this. As much as you want a fit athletic team, you also want them to have a social life.

Hopefully someone will answer... were they doing anything that embarrassed the club? (i.e get into fights or slouched with a kebab in the street)

Or flashing there tadgers at nightclub staff

4 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

the players clearly do care, look at their application against the diddy teams in the league cup, the players were professional and got the required job done, burnley were a better team and a friendly opposition, maybe its time to let the guys off the leash as from next saturday there wont be many times that they can go out and relax as a team

Exactly this. They might've thought "we've got a long season ahead of us where we're gonna need to work hard and get 55 so let's have one last night with a few beers and that's our last til we've got the treble in the bag" :wink:

Och it's probably been blown out of proportion. In "the bad books" probably just means Warburton expected a little more from them. It's hardly sounding like anything serious. Probably a quick word in their ear at the end of training and that's the end of it.

35 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Och it's probably been blown out of proportion. In "the bad books" probably just means Warburton expected a little more from them. It's hardly sounding like anything serious. Probably a quick word in their ear at the end of training and that's the end of it.

This. :wink:

The two of them are as thick as thieves on the park, with Tav continually bypassing others in better positions to give the ball to Waghorn and it's as frustrating as it is selfish and it isn't being about doing the best for the team, so if true, I am unsurprised it's these two and as for Tav, he needs all the extra sessions he can get to actually become a full back.

8 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The two of them are as thick as thieves on the park, with Tav continually bypassing others in better positions to give the ball to Waghorn and it's as frustrating as it is selfish and it isn't being about doing the best for the team, so if true, I am unsurprised it's these two and as for Tav, he needs all the extra sessions he can get to actually become a full back.

Tav is the best RB in the country.  What he gives us going forward is tremendous.  Let's not be too hard on him defensively.  Kiernan  next to him and Halliday in front weren't helping him so let's see what happens this season.

1. I remember MW talking last year about the dehydration tests etc and if players didn't pass them they could miss matches etc so it could be more in line with this.

2.To many are jumping the gun here which I know is the way of forums and social media but people need totals a step back here asse don't have a clue what has actually happened.

3. I would say that this would've been better had it been kept under wraps. Yes we want to know if there's anything happening at the club but IMO things like this should be kept in house.

Nobody can doubt Tavernier's ability as a footballer; and I can also understand people who get his quality as the modern day full-back. I find it frustrating though that many of his mistakes can be avoided. In the second half against Burnley he received a perfectly good ball on the halfway line and and for some reason the ball rolled out of his possession and a throw-in for them; they got the ball out of nothing. This is not a one-off event, time and again he will have what could be called an "unforced error". I think if he was a bit more deliberate in defence, and a bit tighter on his game, then he would be three times the player he is now- when it comes to skill, he has great natural ability.

19 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Nobody can doubt Tavernier's ability as a footballer; and I can also understand people who get his quality as the modern day full-back. I find it frustrating though that many of his mistakes can be avoided. In the second half against Burnley he received a perfectly good ball on the halfway line and and for some reason the ball rolled out of his possession and a throw-in for them; they got the ball out of nothing. This is not a one-off event, time and again he will have what could be called an "unforced error". I think if he was a bit more deliberate in defence, and a bit tighter on his game, then he would be three times the player he is now- when it comes to skill, he has great natural ability.

If he improved on his game a bit he could easily play at a much higher level than here I'm sure of that.