Rumours that the new kit will be on sale on Thursday

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Maybe it's just me or I have literally no idea how this works but surely Rangers have no right to turn round and say to Puma, the distributors and retailers "No we aren't happy with the contracts that were signed previously, I forbid you to release this top" .. Puma must be pishing themselves laughing?

See when we are shot of this Ashley deal, what sort of in-effective position does this put us in with other outlets and kit sponsors/manufacturers knowing the way we are going on at the moment when it comes to trying to negotiate kit deals in future with hopefully the likes of Nike and Adidas? ... something stinks ... it's probably 50% fat Mike and 50% us, Rangers to blame.

My view from the start is that if they go on a shelf or a website by whoever, then it will be up to the club to serve an injunction to stop the sales. I'm still going with this view.

1 minute ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Just read this on the official website 

Cannot believe it are they trying to put all the blame on puma (with the capitals all over the page ) and Ashley 

Agreement with Rangers Retail Limited, the Club has made its best efforts to engage with PUMA on an agreed way forward without the involvement of Sports Direct for the manufacture of replica kits and other merchandise to supporters.

During discussions it emerged that PUMA had manufactured some replica kit after receiving purchase orders directly from Sports Direct and without the prior knowledge or agreement of the Club and its directors on the Rangers Retail Limited board, Paul Murray and David King. Despite requests to Sports Direct and PUMA we have not been able to ascertain full details of this arrangement or to reconcile it with the commercial contracts that were in place between the Club and Rangers Retail Limited.

The Club has not been party to discussions on the launch of kit sales by PUMA this week. We were first notified of their intentions after close of business on Friday last week.

We are surprised and disappointed by the lack of consultation with the Club and/or supporters groups prior to the launch.

As for consultation with fan groups n supporters , gives piece  

That's PUMA's name mate :lol:

That's their registered trademark

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

My view from the start is that if they go on a shelf or a website by whoever, then it will be up to the club to serve an injunction to stop the sales. I'm still going with this view.

How are they justified by serving an injuction? what right do they have? on which grounds?

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Can only think that this will give us some wriggle room to try and ditch the retail deal

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

How are they justified by serving an injuction? what right do they have? on which grounds?

They are selling goods using our badge (intellectual property) without permission.

3 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

If you want to back the club financially by a matchday programme.  The club will probably earn more from that than the sale of a jersey.  Surely no one wants the jersey that badly that they would undermine the board and clubs position with regards to the retail deal?  Everyone needs to work towards a common goal.  Sports Direct wont renegotiate this deal is they feel the fans will keep buying jerseys regardless of what the board says or does.

What's the breakdown of the sale of a programme then? I'm assuming you haven't bought one without finding out first.

Just now, calio said:

They are using our Badge (intellectual property) without permission.

Oh that's interesting but again, am I missing something? how can you release a strip anyway with the official club crest? all this will have been in the contract that Puma originally signed?

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Oh that's interesting but again, am I missing something? how can you release a strip anyway with the official club crest? all this will have been in the contract that Puma originally signed?

Might be something to do with the retail ownership percentage. Do we not "own" 55% or something, so possibly these decisions (which aren't financial decisions) are ours to make.

But again, this is boardroom pish

Just now, linfield1690 said:

Why doesn't rangers make their own Orange top without puma and sell shitloads 

That would be just like the thing - shaft and ignore the fans requests for years wanting one (after bending over to the media and the taigs and appeasing them over it in the first place) then as a last resort release one to fleece the fans then it will be business as usual again with red and black shite quality tops getting churned out when the retail deal is sorted.

Just now, K.A.I said:

They need our permission to sell the items produced as it contains our property(the badge), they may have the contract to produce it but the right to sell branded items is given by the IP holder(us).

Just now, linfield1690 said:

Why doesn't rangers make their own Orange top without puma and sell shitloads 

Because Puma have the contract to produce our merchandise. It`s fucked up I know, but we can only assume that puma and sports direct are basically just cutting the Club right out the picture to see what our response will be.

1 minute ago, jim white's a bear said:

Might be something to do with the retail ownership percentage. Do we not "own" 55% or something, so possibly these decisions (which aren't financial decisions) are ours to make.

But again, this is boardroom pish

Yeah that makes sense mate but regardless of what we own, even if it was only 1% of it, when the contract with Puma was signed it would have been to release the strips with official trademarks on them - regardless of who owns what percentage of the trademarks, the deal is there contractually for them to use them while they are our strip manufacturer. That's why I don't get Rangers thinking they are justified in their legal injunction? as I sais previously I'm no doubt missing something here.

2 minutes ago, calio said:

They need our permission to sell the items produced as it contains our property(the badge), they may have the contract to produce it but the right to sell branded items is given by the IP holder(us).

Because Puma have the contract to produce our merchandise. It`s fucked up I know, but we can only assume that puma and sports direct are basically just cutting the Club right out the picture to see what our response will be.

How do they need our permission if they already have a contract to manufactuer our strips?

That's fucking shite, I won't be buying any tops

If we all buy them it just gives Ashley incentive to do whatever the fuck he likes because he knows we will buy 

We clearly don't have a favourable deal otherwise the club would be going forward as normal with kit sales, we must be getting ripped off unless there is another agenda but all points to the former

I wouldn't grudge anyone buying a top but I can't do it