Rumours that the new kit will be on sale on Thursday

1 minute ago, Lothianbear said:

Can the club sort this situation out, its not good that the fans cant wear the current club colours as we have done for many years, when i was on holiday the other week lots of septic colours going about and not a Gers top to be seen, its not good that a club of our size and stature are reduced to this. please get it sorted asap!

Do you think the board are sitting on this because a) they can't be arsed or b) they intentionally don't want to sell shirts? 

We're stuck in what seems a ridiculous deal with Sports Direct, even though the board can't actually say this because of SD's injunctions etc. Reading between the lines, it appears the club are seeking to resolve the issue with the only means they have.

1 hour ago, j1mgg said:

The board need to put on their website their view on this.

I don't buy tops for myself until the end if the season when they are cheap, but Santa usually brings my son one at Christmas.

Someone more clued up would be able to advise but surely any board member  would need to tread very carefully legally to ensure their not in breach of their duties as a director especially in regards to issues which would be detrimental to an income stream?

Ohh and any arsehole who gives anyone any agro for wearing a genuine Rangers top is no better than a fenian.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Statement changes nothing for me personally,will still be getting it.

Find it hilarious that the board are vaguely telling fans what to do after they've just banned our own after that cup final.

They can fuck off.

They want Fan support yet they give no actual support to fans other than when they want the season ticket money or backing in a fight they cant sort out themselves.

13 minutes ago, calio said:

:541:

Well done greaves (tu)

Wee guy was gutted he couldn't get it before his holidays so if this fucker comes out I'm gonae need to get him it :(

I've explained countless times I'll not be buying from SD for me but as he's a kid and doesn't understand rich cunts games then I won't deny him it. If the wee shoplifter we know gets them even better.

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

The morons on social media telling folk what to buy and not to buy :lol:

to to a man they are all wee goblins, absolute rid neck 

That Ibrox Loyal page on FB is full of them.

Probably the same arseholes that were calling fellow fans scumbags for buying their wean a top from the megastore last year.

Cretins. 

The club have known since Friday?

Great. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Looks like Kings fucked up here, and Puma and Ashley have stuck 2 fingers up at him and got on with business as usual.

Or they know King can't afford to do anything about it.

Ah furfuxache .my phone just got text after text there about the strip being in greaves tomorrow cause my mates know I'll be getting my son it for Saturday. Then fucking text after text saying it's not on sale .so what is actually happening 

Get this shite sorted Rangers  

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Well done greaves (tu)

Wee guy was gutted he couldn't get it before his holidays so if this fucker comes out I'm gonae need to get him it :(

I've explained countless times I'll not be buying from SD for me but as he's a kid and doesn't understand rich cunts games then I won't deny him it. If the wee shoplifter we know gets them even better.

Quite right mate. Different state of affairs for wee ones. Should never be denied the right to kick a ball about with their pals pretending to be their favourite player(s) . 

Hopefully by the time hes at the age to understand the fat pikey cunt and his jumble sale empire will be long gone. 

1 minute ago, Tam Müller said:

Quite right mate. Different state of affairs for wee ones. Should never be denied the right to kick a ball about with their pals pretending to be their favourite player(s) . 

Hopefully by the time hes at the age to understand the fat pikey cunt and his jumble sale empire will be long gone. 

It's tough mate. See the junior fans of the ira sporting wing in theirs. Can't really tell my boy that he can't get it because of a retail deal. Was hard enough to get him interested these last 4 years without denying him the tops etc.

I'd rather not buy though in all honesty 

10 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Well done greaves (tu)

Exactly. Weans are watching taigs run around with their pink tops on and wondering why they can't get a Gers top.

ill do without, but I'm sure as fuck the weans no.

Just now, Rfc52 said:

It's tough mate. See the junior fans of the ira sporting wing in theirs. Can't really tell my boy that he can't get it because of a retail deal. Was hard enough to get him interested these last 4 years without denying him the tops etc.

I'd rather not buy though in all honesty 

Can imagine it would be. If it was my boy I'd buy him it 

neither would I but seriously fucking tempted nicest top we've had in years IMO. Never ceases to amaze me that there is so much aggro, bother and issues to consider before buying a replica top. Grim reality here

Maybe it's just me or I have literally no idea how this works but surely Rangers have no right to turn round and say to Puma, the distributors and retailers "No we aren't happy with the contracts that were signed previously, I forbid you to release this top" .. Puma must be pishing themselves laughing?

See when we are shot of this Ashley deal, what sort of in-effective position does this put us in with other outlets and kit sponsors/manufacturers knowing the way we are going on at the moment when it comes to trying to negotiate kit deals in future with hopefully the likes of Nike and Adidas? ... something stinks ... it's probably 50% fat Mike and 50% us, Rangers to blame.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Maybe it's just me or I have literally no idea how this works but surely Rangers have no right to turn round and say to Puma, the distributors and retailers "No we aren't happy with the contracts that were signed previously, I forbid you to release this top" .. Puma must be pishing themselves laughing?

See when we are shot of this Ashley deal, what sort of position does this put us in with other outlets and kit sponsors/manufacturers knowing the way we are going on at the moment? ... something stinks ... it's probably 50% fat Mike and 50% us, Rangers to blame.

See I'm kinda with you. I thought part of pumas deal would include tops being made available to purchase?

Probably reading it too literally but I'd have thought they would be the main player then it's up to the club to distribute them (club/SD)

Just read this on the official website 

Cannot believe it are they trying to put all the blame on puma (with the capitals all over the page ) and Ashley 

Agreement with Rangers Retail Limited, the Club has made its best efforts to engage with PUMA on an agreed way forward without the involvement of Sports Direct for the manufacture of replica kits and other merchandise to supporters.

During discussions it emerged that PUMA had manufactured some replica kit after receiving purchase orders directly from Sports Direct and without the prior knowledge or agreement of the Club and its directors on the Rangers Retail Limited board, Paul Murray and David King. Despite requests to Sports Direct and PUMA we have not been able to ascertain full details of this arrangement or to reconcile it with the commercial contracts that were in place between the Club and Rangers Retail Limited.

The Club has not been party to discussions on the launch of kit sales by PUMA this week. We were first notified of their intentions after close of business on Friday last week.

We are surprised and disappointed by the lack of consultation with the Club and/or supporters groups prior to the launch.

As for consultation with fan groups n supporters , gives piece  

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

See I'm kinda with you. I thought part of pumas deal would include tops being made available to purchase?

Probably reading it too literally but I'd have thought they would be the main player then it's up to the club to distribute them (club/SD)

Sometimes we are a circus in the newspapers mate and sometimes, like this, it's our fault no-one elses. We know we (the board) aren't happy with the retail deal. That's nothing new. We have served the notice on the deal ... what else can be done? the bulk of the fans (going on social media aren't buying the tops anyway) so again, what more is there to be done? all this crap about legal action because Puma has the audacity to release the new Rangers strips (something they've paid us good money for previously) is baffling and a bit cringey.