****Your official Rangers V Ross county thread****

AlCapone

4 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

SAF didn't stick with the same formations during his time at United he changed it to fit the players.  I can appreciate that Warburton has a system in mind and has bought players to best implement his preferred system.  However, it now seems clear that we lack the defensive quality to adequately perform his preferred system.  Is Mark Warburton right to stick with the 4-3-3 or should we expect him to change things?  I want him to change it until we can get those better defensive players in.  If we play 4-3-3 against Ross County and Aberdeen and drop more points then Warburton takes more steps towards that exit door.  I feel like he pins all his hopes on 4-3-3 and when it doesn't work he blames intensity.  I hope against Ross County that we do see something different from Warburton.  If it's a 4-3-3 again with McKay and Miller I'm going to start losing faith in the guy.

For awhile there I was starting to go against the 4-3-3 formation but the more I thought of what formations could replace it I think it's right to stick with the      4-3-3 and just try to get the midfield balance correct. The reason I say that is we have so much strength and depth in the midfield it would be a shame to not fully utilize it if we end up going for 4-4-2 or something similar. I can't understand how he can blame intensity though when he starts with Niko and Barton in the midfield. You will never ever get the intensity required in a 4-3-3 with them in the middle. I'd love to see McKay and Miller dropped for this Saturday and O'Halloran and Waghorn brought in. For all the talk about competition for places this season players have to be dropped and others given a chance to claim a starting spot. 

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

If all fit and available, I'd go with

Foderingham

Tavernier--Hill--Wilson--Wallace

Windass--Rossiter--Forrester

Waghorn--Garner--O'Halloran

I feel the exact same, this should be the line up (tu)

Watch though, Kiernan, Barton and Mckay are absolutely guaranteed to start :(

Put Forrester in that midfield like he was in the second half against Hamilton and give him a free role to do as he pleases. Warburton has called him a "street footballer", so just get him out there and let him be creative. Have a front three of Waghorn, Garner, and O'Halloran. It's time for Warburton to be ruthless and courageous with his team selection.

6 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

Put Forrester in that midfield like he was in the second half against Hamilton and give him a free role to do as he pleases. Warburton has called him a "street footballer", so just get him out there and let him be creative. Have a front three of Waghorn, Garner, and O'Halloran. It's time for Warburton to be ruthless and courageous with his team selection.

?100% this

2 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

He has got to drop Barton , Kranjar and Miller. If he continues to be stubborn he won't be here much longer.

He's quite happy to work with the peanuts King is giving him, there's no way King will risk bringing someone else in, in-case they dare ask for some spare change 

I'd drop Barton and Kranjcar. I'd like to see rossitier if fit. Windass and Holt in midfield. Any combination of defence is going to have major issues with it, we simply don't have good enough defenders. 

Need a better showing this week. A solid performance and a clean sheet.  

Changes have to be made for this one, far too many passengers on Saturday and some of the guys on the bench deserve their chance to prove themselves.

Team …

Gilks –             I’m sorry but I wasn’t impressed with Foderingham for a couple of the goals and maybe I’m being slightly harsh on him because of the issues in front of him but Gilks comes in for me.

Tavernier –      I thought when he got forward he gave us something but again question marks have to be asked about his defensive duties, he keeps his place but Hodson breathing down his neck.

Wilson –          Has looked the best of a bad lot and would have started on Saturday if it wasn’t for an injury.

Hill -                Haven’t been impressed but at the moment there aren’t any alternatives, hopefully when Crooks is fit he can offer us an option maybe at centre back.

Wallace -         Again another who hasn't been the same player as he was last season, need to see more from him.

Barton -           Rossiter apparently out for the next two weeks with an injury so for that reason alone Barton keeps his place.  He needs to do something very special to prove to the fans his signing wasn’t a bust.

Forrester -        Surprised he dint feature on Saturday as I think he’s been excellent all season, time for him to step up and stake a claim.

Windass -        My one and only positive from the weekend, I thought he was excellent when he got the ball.  Like Holt he has the ability to drive at defences and link up with the forwards, think there is more to come from him.

Waghorn -       Miller proved on Saturday that his legs are gone, can’t fault the guy for his efforts but we need more urgency and someone who is going to be more direct.

Garner -           Isolated for much of the game on Saturday but took his goal well and looked good in the air, something we have been lacking.  I’d like to see what he can do with a decent amount of service.

O’Halloran -    Unlucky not to start on Saturday after McKay’s lack of form and his performance at Linfield.  Another who needs to step up and stake a claim for himself.

30 minutes ago, port_bear said:

Changes have to be made for this one, far too many passengers on Saturday and some of the guys on the bench deserve their chance to prove themselves.

Team …

Gilks –             I’m sorry but I wasn’t impressed with Foderingham for a couple of the goals and maybe I’m being slightly harsh on him because of the issues in front of him but Gilks comes in for me.

Tavernier –      I thought when he got forward he gave us something but again question marks have to be asked about his defensive duties, he keeps his place but Hodson breathing down his neck.

Wilson –          Has looked the best of a bad lot and would have started on Saturday if it wasn’t for an injury.

Hill -                Haven’t been impressed but at the moment there aren’t any alternatives, hopefully when Crooks is fit he can offer us an option maybe at centre back.

Wallace -         Again another who hasn't been the same player as he was last season, need to see more from him.

Barton -           Rossiter apparently out for the next two weeks with an injury so for that reason alone Barton keeps his place.  He needs to do something very special to prove to the fans his signing wasn’t a bust.

Forrester -        Surprised he dint feature on Saturday as I think he’s been excellent all season, time for him to step up and stake a claim.

Windass -        My one and only positive from the weekend, I thought he was excellent when he got the ball.  Like Holt he has the ability to drive at defences and link up with the forwards, think there is more to come from him.

Waghorn -       Miller proved on Saturday that his legs are gone, can’t fault the guy for his efforts but we need more urgency and someone who is going to be more direct.

Garner -           Isolated for much of the game on Saturday but took his goal well and looked good in the air, something we have been lacking.  I’d like to see what he can do with a decent amount of service.

O’Halloran -    Unlucky not to start on Saturday after McKay’s lack of form and his performance at Linfield.  Another who needs to step up and stake a claim for himself.

If it wasn't for Wes it could have been more on Saturday, agree with the rest of the team. Has it been confirmed how long Rossiter is out for?

I think this has to be the team ..

Fod

Tav Hill Wilson Wallace

Windass Holt Halliday

Forrester Miller Waghorn

Maybe harsh on Garner but I think he needs to earn his spot.

Miller I know some folk won't agree but we need experienced pro's who's seen it all to help guide us through this phase and he's one that could help.

McKay needs dropped and Forrester needs to play.

I'm not a massive fan of Holt and Halliday but it's a fact our play was sharper and more focused in midfield last season so I'd revert back to that to see how we get on.

Even Wilson and Hill fill me with fear but I still maintain Kiernan and Senderos should never play for us again. Time to go with them and hope they come good - doubt it,

Mackay,Miller and Kranjcar could all play their part this season - that part is from the bench though. Mackay needs benched as he has been utter pish and the other two probably do still have enough to come on and have an impact on games. None of them should be starting though.

Saturday was the game for MOH but I'm afraid Ross County with everyone behind the ball is not his game ,that'd be change for the sake of it. Unfortunately Kiernan will play as no other option as will Barton with Rossiter sidelined. 

Fod

Tav

Kiernan 

Wilson

Wallace

Barton

Winds

Holt

Waghorn

Garner

Forrester