****Your official Rangers V Ross county thread****

AlCapone

12 minutes ago, ben51 said:

He's just talked a power of shite in his press conference. 

'Delighted with the performance'

'Happy that we moved the ball about quickly'

'Created enough chances to win a number of games.'

The performance was actually good.. just didnt score goals.

We did move the ball quickly.

We did create enough chances to win a number of games. Clearings off the line and hitting the woodwork. Three of those go in and everyone would be saying how good a performance it was.

I'm as depressed as the next bear, but some comments are way over the top.

What I can't fathom out is why we don't shoot more often, we know these teams will defend deep against us, but we keep trying to walk the ball in. If we shoot more, low and hard, the chances are that some shots WILL ricochet into the net.

1 minute ago, bornabear said:

I'm as depressed as the next bear, but some comments are way over the top.

What I can't fathom out is why we don't shoot more often, we know these teams will defend deep against us, but we keep trying to walk the ball in. If we shoot more, low and hard, the chances are that some shots WILL ricochet into the net.

I thought we had more shots from distance than we usually do?

It's all very well saying we created the chances but we've got to finish them.  If this was a one off fine, but we've drawn half our games in the first six of the season as well getting run off the park by our rivals.  It is gash and something has to give, I'm also getting sick of the lack of anger in Warburton, whilst it may not be the case it's almost like he's just brushing it off.  

14 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

The performance was actually good.. just didnt score goals.

We did move the ball quickly.

We did create enough chances to win a number of games. Clearings off the line and hitting the woodwork. Three of those go in and everyone would be saying how good a performance it was.

We'll need to agree to disagree. 

I thought it wasn't good enough at all. The only real opportunities we created were from set pieces, bar Windass's run in the first half and MOH hitting the bar. I thought that Garner was completely isolated for the whole game and there was no cohesion in the side at all. 

Too many empty jerseys who are just passing the ball aimlessly side to side with no cutting edge. 

We keep getting told that they're reviewing every game and having open and honest conversations about what we need to do better. Which is ironic because its the same issues week after week. But that lies with the Manager who is far, far too rigid to succeed in this League. 

Lovenkrands made a great point, which was that he played with Arveladze, Mols and Prso, and all of them chased every second ball, where as today's team waits for the ball to come to them. The amount of times Ross County won the 2nd ball,  in both boxes, caused us so much problems. Our players need to stop waiting for things to happen and make them happen. Higher tempo and a desire to win every ball, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and never stop. Play each game like it's your last. 

Performance was a lot better today and tbh I thought we mire than deserved all 3 points, County came looking for a draw and imo were lucky to escape with one.

Thing that really bothered me about today was our support......that word support means getting behind the team and sections of our support are a disgrace. Seems the dickheads in the stadium have choosen wee Mckay as the target for the boo boys, some were grumbling and moaning as soon as he recieved the ball. Fucking disgrace.

20 minutes ago, Loyal and Blue said:

Lovenkrands made a great point, which was that he played with Arveladze, Mols and Prso, and all of them chased every second ball, where as today's team waits for the ball to come to them. The amount of times Ross County won the 2nd ball,  in both boxes, caused us so much problems. Our players need to stop waiting for things to happen and make them happen. Higher tempo and a desire to win every ball, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and never stop. Play each game like it's your last. 

He also said that you need to move when you are not on the ball, which I think should be absolutely basic stuff . You watch barca play and the movement they do off the ball makes it so much easier when they get the ball because then you are usually in a great position. Although I didn't think we were that bad today, very unlucky not to win actually, we seem to be moving at pace only when the ball is at our feet instead of before. We did that last season to good effect, so it's hard to see why we have not done it this season. Anyway, strangely I am not too deflated, because I definitely saw potential today. For me, we have to change to 4-4-2 and see how it goes. Midfield shoul be rossiter, forester, windass and holt. One holding and 3 fast attacking midfielders. As the game moves on, it is then simple to make this into a 4-3-3 if need be. Any one of those 3 ,but especially holt are capable of making blindside runs into the box. Furthermore, I thought Barrie looked good today, but the problem seems to be that he is asked to do too much. He can also fit into that midfield, so long as we have 3 fast attacking players who will charge down every loose ball and get forward asap.

10 minutes ago, Camshy said:

Performance was a lot better today and tbh I thought we mire than deserved all 3 points, County came looking for a draw and imo were lucky to escape with one.

Thing that really bothered me about today was our support......that word support means getting behind the team and sections of our support are a disgrace. Seems the dickheads in the stadium have choosen wee Mckay as the target for the boo boys, some were grumbling and moaning as soon as he recieved the ball. Fucking disgrace.

Mckay needs a spell on the bench, he is a confidence player and has none at all at the minute, Forrester would be near on a straight swap and imo be the better option just now, I also thought some of the stuff played was decent and a 4 or 5 to 1 victory could easily have been achieved, an early goal would have made it a different game altogether, but hey its another two points dropped and that's not good but I seen a spark of the good stuff  of last season.

Another frustrating 90 minutes.

The pace was brought back in to the midfield and it did make a difference, although I was disappointed to see they didn't make too many runs ahead of the front 3. Again we were guilty of pissing about too much when we got to their 18 yard box and huffed and puffed. Apart from the odd cross in to the box we didn't feed Garner enough.

In terms of individual performances, I don't think I've seen Wallace have a poorer game than today. Their winger went past him a number of times like he wasn't even there. Likewise with McKay. It's very evident in his play and body language that he is severely out of form and the crowd were getting on his back quite a bit today. Tavernier again was our most dangerous threat going forward and didn't put a foot wrong defensively. Wilson and Hill also had solid games although they had very little to do. Windass again was good although he faded out a tad in the second half. Waghorn again lacked ideas on the wide right, he should be played through the middle.

Again it was another case of being unable to break teams down. Warburton has to accept that this is how teams are going to play against us. Changes are needed. I admire his belief in his philosophy but when it's evident things aren't working it becomes stubbornness.

Beginning to think this job has come too soon for MW mangement wise he just isnt on the level of being Rangers manager when he first came in i like everyone thought oh great but that was only because i was fed up watching shite every week but since we have stepped up to the Spl he has shown nothing as i have said before on here we cant afford to sack him an fuck knows who we would get to replace him but maybe he will walk away.

10 minutes ago, BF2 said:

The pace was brought back in to the midfield and it did make a difference, although I was disappointed to see they didn't make too many runs ahead of the front 3. Again we were guilty of pissing about too much when we got to their 18 yard box and huffed and puffed. Apart from the odd cross in to the box we didn't feed Garner enough.

In terms of individual performances, I don't think I've seen Wallace have a poorer game than today. Their winger went past him a number of times like he wasn't even there. Likewise with McKay. It's very evident in his play and body language that he is severely out of form and the crowd were getting on his back quite a bit today. Tavernier again was our most dangerous threat going forward and didn't put a foot wrong defensively. Wilson and Hill also had solid games although they had very little to do. Windass again was good although he faded out a tad in the second half. Waghorn again lacked ideas on the wide right, he should be played through the middle.

Again it was another case of being unable to break teams down. Warburton has to accept that this is how teams are going to play against us. Changes are needed. I admire his belief in his philosophy but when it's evident things aren't working it becomes stubbornness.

Perfect mate thanks

usual shite it seem hate all tht pissing about..

glad to see holt got a start thou 

13 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Wrong thread mate 

hitting the sauce to hard my bad