***the official Partick Thistle vs Rangers match thread***

Gaz52

51 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

Great finishes but that two back to back games we've been lucky, need a big performance Wthe firstndnesday. Dodoo has to start for Garner 

Lucky why IS that ? If you mean because of a late goal then your wrong, the game lasts from kick off to final whistle so scoring IN the 1st minute counts the same as one after 20min or 94th. 

Spoiler

:7326: Feck knows why this happened

Only Forrester,  Miller (a 38 year old winger doh) and Dodoo looked up for the game today. Too much of the team playing within themselves.

We got 3 vital points which is the priority. Also the first time we have won 3 in a row in the leauge this season.

More of our players  need to turn up when we play the sheep and hearts though or we will start to go backwards again. 

I'll take that result any day of the week. Plenty of timessince I've been watching us we have been poor but scraped a win. When JG was manager we couldn't even scrape the wins and even Walters teams were outplayed often but managed a winner.

As long as they are still trying right up to the final whistle I don't mind when we get the winner. Mo Edu anyone. :mutley:

I would give MW till at least the end of the season as I really believe he is putting systems in place in the kids, U20's etc which will benefit us in future. There is something not right in that midfield and we need a ball winner that does not mess about. This where I think the failure of Barton and the injuries to Rossiter has hurt us more than we realise. Difficult one but at the minute I'm still willing to give MW my support as without the cash to spend on class players what top manager would want to come to us.

2 hours ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Not false at all. Most of the teams in our league shop around the lower league in England for their cast offs and the ones that perform well usually get their "big move" back to league 1.

Kane Hemmings?

Kane Hemmings went to a team in L1. Wow. Most of the teams do there shopping in Scotland, in the aforementioned L1 and L2 and in Eastern Europe. No one would deny these things. However the legitimately talented players don't come from England's dross barring the odd exception. The talent also get better moves than to the awful L1 and L2 as it would be a downgrade.

12 minutes ago, weshallnotbemoved! said:

Although..cliche alert...staunch and one of us.... Andy Halliday is not strong enough and too small to be effective in that position for us.

He's not that small. He's just physically weak and his aggression seems to only extend to shouting and waving his arms around.

If he can't increase his physical power and stamina he won't be good enough to keep playing for us. 

1 minute ago, standup said:

Last kick of the ball winners are the mark of champions.

Were you at the game? We were fucking shite and yes, 3 points ground out were welcome but we should be better than that! Utter shite performance and nowhere near good enough. Champions? My arse!

39 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Kane Hemmings went to a team in L1. Wow. Most of the teams do there shopping in Scotland, in the aforementioned L1 and L2 and in Eastern Europe. No one would deny these things. However the legitimately talented players don't come from England's dross barring the odd exception. The talent also get better moves than to the awful L1 and L2 as it would be a downgrade.

That was one example, there has been plenty of others.

Outwith Rangers and the tarriers, majority of decent players that leave our league will end up in League 1 or lower, it's a better standard of league and a better wage on offer as well.

The players that move in the opposite direction are usually the ones that haven't featured much or performed well down there and more often than not they're free transfers too. 

You're literally the first person I've seen on this forum or anywhere else for that matter that would say our league is better than that level.

Half the teams in our league would probably struggle to hold their own in the conference or League 2 let alone League 1.

Sometimes I think I overreact to poor results maybe even under react to decent results ... I honestly felt that game today looked like 2 average teams playing each other and for me was very disheartening and I'm struggling to take positives except 3 points which is all that matters to be fair but not when you are as far behind them as us at the moment