***the official Partick Thistle vs Rangers match thread***

Gaz52

Not sure if anyone noticed at the last goal but tavernier absolutely burst his arse to get up with the play and for any rebound from dodoos shot 

shame on others like McKay etc for running around without a pride in the badge 

5 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

So because a couple of shite players haven't been a success up here that means their league isn't better overall?

Strange theory.

Joey Barton was shite up here, does that mean our league is better than the English championship too?

Well players tend to reflect the standard of teams and teams tend to show the standard of league, so yes that is my "strange theory". Joey Barton was indeed shite up here but the Championship gives a higher standard of players. Players in the EC generally do much better here and better in other leagues that they go to, L1 and L2 teams don't.

Think the old adage about 'lucky generals' might apply to managers!

Ours needs to start carrying it through to the big games!

2 match changing subs in a row though, to be fair.

He needs to start picking the right starting line-up, now.

Just now, writingranger said:

you'd sack him after we beat them?

I don't want to see it happen. I think there is a good manager in there and I'd love to see him turn it around. But despite today's result, we are heading further and further downhill and I think the tough run of games in December could (not will) see his time here come to an end.

2 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Ultra slow motion of the winner shows the look of horror on the faces of the Fannies behind the goal in glorious detail 

mate there was one guy with hands on head, mouth wide open as the ball lands at Dodoos feet looking like a right tit, was in stitches :wink:

3 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Well players tend to reflect the standard of teams and teams tend to show the standard of league, so yes that is my "strange theory". Joey Barton was indeed shite up here but the Championship gives a higher standard of players. Players in the EC generally do much better here and better in other leagues that they go to, L1 and L2 teams don't.

How many of the players we signed from the lower leagues of English football were even regular starters at their clubs? Bit odd to dismiss the quality of an entire division because a few squad players have struggled up here.

Midfield needs sorted pronto, not even cutting it against the pishy teams. Halliday at DM wasn't good enough for the championship let alone the top flight, where the fuck is Crooks and Rossiter? McKay and Windass are never midfielders and leave us badly outnumbered.

8 minutes ago, Lidl said:

We have no divine right to hammer anyone. Teams aren't going to just roll over and let us smash them. 

Who said anything about Divine Right? We have a fan base that dwarfs them, we should have a management team able to outsmart them and we should have a bunch of players who Patrick could never afford. Yes in the years previous we lost the odd game but 9/10 times against the bottom teams we would be beating them comfortably.

It just shows how bad the team are where they are having to scrape past Patrick fucking Thistle and Dundee two weeks in a row

I get what you are saying but this is Scottish football not the Prem where most teams have international players