***The Official Hearts V Rangers Thread***

ForeverAndEver

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Mckay gives me fear big time, should get nowhere near the against Hearts imo.

We don't have many other options fit tbh mate and I'd like to see him start in midfield because I think he'd be more effective. The physicality of the hearts team will be a worry for him though.

1 hour ago, harlands plater said:

A team of hammer throwers and a hostile atmosphere. 

The type of environment that Rangers teams of the past would flourish in, let's see if the current lot have what it takes.

You just know they are going to swarm all over us right from the kick off.

Just hope we are up for it.

2 hours ago, jackrfc95 said:

Not sure why so many people have Crooks in their teams. The guy has played 15 minutes since the summer and various people have said he looked well off the pace playing for the 20s. 

Because Halliday at DM wasn't good enough for the championship last season never mind the top flight. Our midfield loses shape far too often because noone drops back to cover during rotations. Ball wasn't a DM and he made a much better showing of it last season in that role than Halliday. Rossiter looks like he'd get injured just putting his strip on so that leaves Crooks, who last season got rave reviews albeit at a lower level playing in that role.

10 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

Because Halliday at DM wasn't good enough for the championship last season never mind the top flight. Our midfield loses shape far too often because noone drops back to cover during rotations. Ball wasn't a DM and he made a much better showing of it last season in that role than Halliday. Rossiter looks like he'd get injured just putting his strip on so that leaves Crooks, who last season got rave reviews albeit at a lower level playing in that role.

So you'd chuck someone who's played 20 minutes of first team football in 7 months in for his first start at Tynecastle? 

I'd think about moving Tav into midfield in place of Holt and playing Hodson behind him again. That would give us more physical presence as Holt is far too lightweight for this. I was a big fan of Holt's last season up until he was injured but he has offered very little for weeks. Too easily brushed aside and looks determined to pass the ball backwards whenever he has it. He and Halliday have been the main offenders when our forward movements get overtaken by continental drift.

7 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Million dollar question.

It's clear that we get overan in midfield and at times it's non existent. It's just unfortunate that our manager won't change formation because even Stevie Wonder can see we need something different.

1 minute ago, MelbourneBlue said:

I'd think about moving Tav into midfield in place of Holt and playing Hodson behind him again. That would give us more physical presence as Holt is far too lightweight for this. I was a big fan of Holt's last season up until he was injured but he has offered very little for weeks. Too easily brushed aside and looks determined to pass the ball backwards whenever he has it. He and Halliday have been the main offenders when our forward movements get overtaken by continental drift.

Worked for Ricksen! 

Holt and Halliday arent good enough for the premiership especially if they are both playing together, we have no other options and thats whats frightening me. Imagine Callum Paterson sliding in two feet on Holt, thats him oot for the season, we need more physicality in midfield.

Defence has been good last few games. I think this would be my team

Mckay Dodoo MOH

Forrester Windass

Halliday

Wallace Wilson Hill Tavernier

Foderingham

6 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Foderingham 

Tavernier Hill Wilson Wallace 

Halliday- doesn't full me with confidence but no other options really.

Holt Windass

Forrester Dodoo O'Halloran 

Sitting watching motd and watched Liverpool would love a young Jordan Henderson that's exactly what wee need as of today lucky, ur front 3 spot on dodoo deserves his chance of his preferd position watp??