Barrie McKay Wanted

Bluebear11

Just now, Number5 said:

I actually thought that MW mis-managed him earlier in the season, he was awesome in the pre-season games and cup games before the season started, then was really poor for weeks, the fans were crying out for him to be rested for a while as he was obviously having confidence issues, MW in my eyes took 3 or 4 games too long to drop him. He was always going to come back into the fold as he's a class little player.

Yes i agree with that bit.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

If he does go or goes on to be a great player for us then you have to give Warburton credit for sticking with him. Morton fans told me he was gash.

That's the thing with loaning out players to other team like we did with McKay ,if your playing with rotten players it can bring you down to their level,and make you look ,what's the word I'm looking for.............shite!

Don't think anyone would begrudge him if he wanted to test himself in one of Europes top leagues, but he seems a level-headed boy and I don't think he's the sly type. I believe what he said about wanting to stay.

Hope the wee man helps us win the title (whenever that may be), then go on to be a star.

We can hope.

16 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

See if McKay does leave for 6 million is anybody going to give Warburton any credit for the role he's played in bringing him on as a player?

McKay always had talent but it looked like his career with us was over before Warburton took over and for him to show faith in a guy who was a squad player at Raith Rovers and help him reach a level where he's a full international and potentially a six million pound player in little over 18 months is impressive even if people won't want to admit it because there's strong anti-Warburton feeling at the moment.

I think the majority of fans thought he was going nowhere at the start of last season, and it would've been easy for Warburton to punt him off (like McCoist did), so yes I think he deserves a lot of credit for giving him a clean slate and developing him into a very talented player. 

Equally I think Barrie himself deserves credit for taking the chance Warburton gave him and improving immensely as a player.

11 minutes ago, OhW said:

I said nothing of the sort. I honestly believe that if he played for the scum and they had spent the last 4 years in the lower leagues, with the same financial issues as us and the same form this season, then the fee being banded around would be about the same.

If we had won the last five league titles, been playing European football and were financially secure then we would be getting the fees that the scum have been getting.

No-one is talking about actual fees, am talking about the papers deemed fee. 

The fee being banded about is miniscule compared to the amount of Dembele dollars cellic apparently value Dembele and Tierney at. 

Tierney has won one league title, is he worth the deemed paper fee of £20 million? No. That's what I'm talking about. 

19 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

That's the thing with loaning out players to other team like we did with McKay ,if your playing with rotten players it can bring you down to their level,and make you look ,what's the word I'm looking for.............shite!

Gasparotto was classed as a good signing by the Airdrie fans I know. Seems  Hardie is doing well on his loan. McKay made no impact at Raith.

Maybe Mckay didnt apply himself? He has had a lot of poor or average performances with us this season too.

33 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

See if McKay does leave for 6 million is anybody going to give Warburton any credit for the role he's played in bringing him on as a player?

McKay always had talent but it looked like his career with us was over before Warburton took over and for him to show faith in a guy who was a squad player at Raith Rovers and help him reach a level where he's a full international and potentially a six million pound player in little over 18 months is impressive even if people won't want to admit it because there's strong anti-Warburton feeling at the moment.

When McCoist was in charge & he was loaning him out to Morton & Raith I genuinely thought he was a goner. He's definitely improved over the last 18 months under MW he just needs to be more consistent. If we do sell him to Leipzig then I can't see him being 1st choice (Look at Burke) we could maybe get him back on loan till the end of the season.

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Come on you - don't spoil all the maths geniuses on here who love lapping up the shite from the media.  

My turn -

50 million two bazooka joe's and a sell on clause that means we all get into the cinema free for a year.  

Do nicely dat 

Don't forget a life times subscription of brylcreem for the board members

6 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Get an extra 2-3m on top. They've got the money so do it

Fucking gutted. Stood by the guy all season when this forum was ripping him to shreds. His talent is unreal and we're lucky to have him 

Gutted? ??

It's a bloody newspaper article thats most likely a lot of shite.

"Stood by the guy" ???

If RBL offer £6mill he's gone. Best moment was when he nailed the scum from 30odd yards in the cup last year. Apart from that just flashes and nothing more. I would bite RBLs hand off for £6mill. Sadly I don't believe it, and won't until the next agm

4 minutes ago, DavieAyrshire said:

£6 million jeez a would let him go for that in a heartbeat has 1 good game out of 10 and for the love of me i have never seen a shitebag so much on a football park

Well your eyes obviously don't work. He shares a pitch with Andy Halliday every week. 

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Does Credit not really go to Durrant who scooped him up when Killie were putting him out the game due to Hip problems.?

5 minutes ago, DavieAyrshire said:

£6 million jeez a would let him go for that in a heartbeat has 1 good game out of 10 and for the love of me i have never seen a shitebag so much on a football park

Aye yer right he should be smashing centre halfs and breaking cunts legs

22 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Gutted? ??

It's a bloody newspaper article thats most likely a lot of shite.

"Stood by the guy" ???

I did ok im heartbroken ok fuk u n the rest of the diks on here ok 

:wink: 

6 minutes ago, DavieAyrshire said:

Emm no but he should fooking tackle be honest sick to the teeth of watching him week in week out scared to put a tackle in attackers should tackle aswell btw :P

Why should he go in for tackles and potentially get a career threatening injury? Utter nonsense. Yes he should be braver for 50/50s etc, but wanting him to starting tackling cunts for the ball when he's a winger is bizzare

Just now, WGOH said:

Why should he go in for tackles and potentially get a career threatening injury? Utter nonsense. Yes he should be braver for 50/50s etc, but wanting him to starting tackling cunts for the ball when he's a winger is bizzare

Eh your saying he gets a bye because hes a winger lol ah he plays on the wing no need to tackle hahaha comon