***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

3 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Well Frank De Boer was the only real exciting name mentioned and I never had high hopes for that being realistic myself

This just seems like a bizarre experiment though, a guy who doesn't even have any real European management experience

Yeah it does seem a odd one.

We may not be able to bring in anyone spectacular, but we do have the option of bringing someone in who has knowledge of the Scottish, or even British, game, whoever that may be.

There are names that are far more risky than others.  We can't afford to gamble too high.

2 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

People trying to justify it are coming across desperate as fuck. It's a nice thought that we could scour the globe and unearth the next big thing in world football who would lead us back to the glory days. Unfortunately that's just fantasy.

The reality of it is we're bringing an absolute nutjob with a mediocre(and that's me being kind) record who's spent his entire career managing without pressure. In the real world can someone try and tell me that's what we should be going for in these circumstances? The time for experimenting was last season which we did with Warburton, we did and it backfired horribly, I don't blame the board for that, it was a risk worth taking IMO. This one isn't. I's disgraceful in fact. Arguably the most appointment in our history and they're going with this guy. Based off what? He was going to be our assistant two years ago and gave a good interview? 

It's not acceptable however people try and dress it up.

Silky Latin football? 

Just now, FirrhillLoyal said:

No sure if it's been mentioned but Andy Newport from PA has said on twitter there will be no announcement today, likely to be 'early next week'. 

Both Wilson and big Pedro the front runners.

Firing him straight in at parkhead is fucking ludicrous as well.

2 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Any developments whatsoever expected today ?

Ross Wilson asks for more time to ponder Saints future

The frontrunner for Rangers' director of football role, Saints' head of scouting and recuitment Ross Wilson will make Ibrox chiefs wait a little longer for his answer.

The Light Blues have identified the St Mary's man as the person they want to head up their new management structure.

Club insiders hoped to confirm the appointment of the 34-year-old - who started his career as a player liaison officer with Falkirk before roles at Watford and Huddersfield - on Friday.

But now it appears he has asked for more time to consider Gers' offer.

Rangers are also close to naming a successor to former manager Mark Warburton, with surprise candidate Pedro Caixinha understood to be the favourite.

Managing director Stewart Robertson, head of football administration Andrew Dickson and director Graeme Park met with the Portuguese coach - currently in charge of Qatari outfit Al-Gharafa - in London last week.

And he has now jumped ahead of rival contenders Alex McLeish and Gary Rowett for the vacant position.

Chairman Dave King hopes to have talks concluded on both roles early next week, with Caixinha eager to be in position in time to face Celtic at Parkhead a week on Sunday.

However, Graeme Murty will remain in charge for Saturday's William Hill Scottish Cup quarter-final against Hamilton.

The Under-20s boss was relieved to pick up his first Ladbrokes Premiership win on Wednesday night as the Ibrox side claimed a 3-2 triumph over St Johnstone.

Emerson Hyndman provided a stoppage-time winner - but only after Gers had thrown away a two-goal lead in the final 15 minutes.

Murty could barely hide his relief at full-time and midfielder Jon Toral praised the stand-in boss' efforts during the chaotic fall-out that followed Warburton's exit.

The Spaniard said: "It was massive for Graeme on Wednesday. He has put a lot of effort into the other games as well, he has really helped us and for us to give him that first league win was crucial.

"At the minute we are just thinking about the cup tie on Saturday and then whatever happens happens. It is not for us to talk about really because we are just focused on the weekend's game.

"If a new manager has until the end of the season to work with the players and then to kick on next season it would be great for the club."

Toral admitted he has to up his own game.

Like Bournemouth playmaker Hyndman, Arsenal midfielder Toral joined Rangers on loan in January, but while the American has hit the ground running Toral is yet to spark.

However, he has now been shifted to a holding role where he hopes to improve.

The 22-year-old said: "It has been tough for me coming in with everything that happened with the manager but I think that I have settled down all right.

"The last couple of games I have played in a different position than I am used to but if the manager asks me to do that then I will do it and try and help the team out as much I can.

"I knew it would be tough here, I knew I would need a few games to get match fit and I think every game that I have played I have felt better physically.

"Now I need to get used to this new position and try and help the team. The win on Wednesday personally really helps me with my confidence as well."

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/15131875.Wilson_asks_for_more_time_to_ponder_Saints_future/?ref=rss

Just now, Sweetheart said:

Ross Wilson asks for more time to ponder Saints future

The frontrunner for Rangers' director of football role, Saints' head of scouting and recuitment Ross Wilson will make Ibrox chiefs wait a little longer for his answer.

The Light Blues have identified the St Mary's man as the person they want to head up their new management structure.

Club insiders hoped to confirm the appointment of the 34-year-old - who started his career as a player liaison officer with Falkirk before roles at Watford and Huddersfield - on Friday.

But now it appears he has asked for more time to consider Gers' offer.

Rangers are also close to naming a successor to former manager Mark Warburton, with surprise candidate Pedro Caixinha understood to be the favourite.

Managing director Stewart Robertson, head of football administration Andrew Dickson and director Graeme Park met with the Portuguese coach - currently in charge of Qatari outfit Al-Gharafa - in London last week.

And he has now jumped ahead of rival contenders Alex McLeish and Gary Rowett for the vacant position.

Chairman Dave King hopes to have talks concluded on both roles early next week, with Caixinha eager to be in position in time to face Celtic at Parkhead a week on Sunday.

However, Graeme Murty will remain in charge for Saturday's William Hill Scottish Cup quarter-final against Hamilton.

The Under-20s boss was relieved to pick up his first Ladbrokes Premiership win on Wednesday night as the Ibrox side claimed a 3-2 triumph over St Johnstone.

Emerson Hyndman provided a stoppage-time winner - but only after Gers had thrown away a two-goal lead in the final 15 minutes.

Murty could barely hide his relief at full-time and midfielder Jon Toral praised the stand-in boss' efforts during the chaotic fall-out that followed Warburton's exit.

The Spaniard said: "It was massive for Graeme on Wednesday. He has put a lot of effort into the other games as well, he has really helped us and for us to give him that first league win was crucial.

"At the minute we are just thinking about the cup tie on Saturday and then whatever happens happens. It is not for us to talk about really because we are just focused on the weekend's game.

"If a new manager has until the end of the season to work with the players and then to kick on next season it would be great for the club."

Toral admitted he has to up his own game.

Like Bournemouth playmaker Hyndman, Arsenal midfielder Toral joined Rangers on loan in January, but while the American has hit the ground running Toral is yet to spark.

However, he has now been shifted to a holding role where he hopes to improve.

The 22-year-old said: "It has been tough for me coming in with everything that happened with the manager but I think that I have settled down all right.

"The last couple of games I have played in a different position than I am used to but if the manager asks me to do that then I will do it and try and help the team out as much I can.

"I knew it would be tough here, I knew I would need a few games to get match fit and I think every game that I have played I have felt better physically.

"Now I need to get used to this new position and try and help the team. The win on Wednesday personally really helps me with my confidence as well."

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/15131875.Wilson_asks_for_more_time_to_ponder_Saints_future/?ref=rss

If he has to think about it , he obviously isn't that sold on the idea . 

I canny believe the arrogance of some people.

Id rather have De boer, Monk, Mcinness etc... What if they don't want to come here or there clubs won't let them come? We honestly don't know what goes on or who the top target is/was. Caixinha could of been 10th of the list for all we know. 

3 minutes ago, lazza1873 said:

Who's to say Caixinha isn't the happy medium? cause no one on here has heard of him? least he's won a couple things which McInnes can't say and as for Rowett his record is similar if not worse to Warburtons. That's not to say if Rowett got it he wouldn't do a better job, it's that we can pick faults in everyones CV.

It's all guess work really, we won't know until they come in and do the job.

Agree with your last point, wouldn't trust the board to come back with the correct change never mind go out and speak to someone like FDB.

Anyone sensible IMO. He's not a happy-medium he's a left-field appointment if ever I've seen one.

I wasn't a McLeish fan but I don't think he won anything in management before coming to us other than a promotion with Hibs.

McInnes won a domestic cup with Aberdeen has he not? even if he hasn't, he's a more solid candidate for us in the Scottish Premier League.

I'd have a lot more respect for anyone that just said they are comfortable with this guy and the gamble - I might not agree but it won't come off as anyone desperately trying to rationale either. 

Just now, ChampionsAgain said:

Id rather have De boer, Monk, Mcinness etc... What if they don't want to come here or there clubs won't let them come? We honestly don't know what goes on or who the top target is/was. Caixinha could of been 10th of the list for all we know. 

There's fuck all arrogant about not wanting this guy :lol: fucking hell

1 minute ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Arrogance? :lol: 

Calm down.  People are just speculating about the names that are being banded about.

How is it arrogance for people just to give a genuine opinion?

I'm sure if Caixinha comes everyone will give him a chance

Seriously? and again seriously do you not think we could have got McInnes if we wanted?

Also reports are that Pardew contacted us with an interest and Rowett travelled to be interviewed and McLeish has said on record a couple of times past 2 weeks that Rangers are his team and he'd do it. Are you trying to tell me that any of them wouldn't be better choices than this guy? or is that arrogance too? I'm sure what arrogance means anymore now. 

No your right, But wanting/expecting someone else who is completely out of our reach is arrogant. 

The only people who have said anyone who would be out of our reach would be those saying De Boer and possibly Monk. Even then most have given a more realistic alternative.