McKay to Nottingham Forest - 500k

Murty

11 months Left on contract,  not intrested In signing new one and so far out the picture that he is back training with the kids.

Option 1. Keep giving him £6k a week for fuck.all and wave goodbye next summer or

2. Take £500k now and save £300k in wages. 

Hhmmm not a hard choice.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He has been hounded on RM most of last season sometimes fairly and other times just because many do not like him. Which is fine, I have always liked Barrie but do not like every player either and we are all entitled to our options.

The point of this post is he cannot be classed as shite but then complain because we have got a low (still to be confirmed) fee.

I wish him well and hope he can show he can be a more consistent player, because he has great ability IMO.

13 minutes ago, yermaw145 said:

He'll flourish without the weight of the Rangers support on his shoulders, and we all know it.

He may flourish? But interested to know what weight you mean...

On the park - with the fans in the stadium shouting at him when he is playing shit? 

No professional footballer should let that get to them. 

Gutted if true , will bite us big time in future Iam sure and price is an absolute scandal , as said if he played for scum they would be getting about 5 million for him , why the deck do we always give our players away , gutted

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

He may flourish? But interested to know what weight you mean...

On the park - with the fans in the stadium shouting at him when he is playing shit? 

No professional footballer should let that get to them. 

Think the pressure to win every match here is too much for some, it definitely was for Barrie.

Just now, tayside said:

Gutted if true , will bite us big time in future Iam sure and price is an absolute scandal , as said if he played for scum they would be getting about 5 million for him , why the deck do we always give our players away , gutted

Mate as has been said already, poor team poor league, and he downed tools far to frequently. if we were playing in the champions league etc, our players value would sky rocket, but for the moment we take what we can get.  

15 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Correct. I still remember reading on here that Rangers should have been looking for £18 million for Boyd...

Scottish footballs best striker. He should have ;)

7 minutes ago, RedWhiteBlue1872 said:

Got told it will be 500k which could rise to 650k, 15% sell on clause.

I am not an ITK wanker, know a former player and that is what he heard.

That is the definition of an ITK wanker.

Also why would a former player be told the detailed intricacies of an ongoing transfer?

28 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Almost mock rage at the fee for this little coward from some. He has held our club to ransom over contracts on 2 separate occasions, he's a coward who shites out of tackles, his end product is shite, his goal return is shite, he is an empty jersey 9 times out of 10 and his attitude has been questioned umpteen times. He will be no loss whatsoever and to replace him with someone of the calibre of Graham Dorrans is a sensational upgrade for the club. 

£500k for a youth graduate with all his handicaps and months left on his contract is decent business for the club. I have no issue whatsoever with the fee. Interesting though that he has devalued by £5.5m by his ex manager in the space of 6 months or so....that's says a lot for that rat fraud too. 

Let's move on. Wish him the best if you want, i don't care what he does now. He's gone. I ever classed him as a Rangers player the same way i did a Lee McCulloch or Nacho Novo or Jorg Albertz, there was no connection with him or respect for him. I thought he was a wee arrogant dumb tit. 

This 100% :thumbup:

18 minutes ago, tayside said:

If McKay consistently played to his best in most games he would have been a more valuable asset. He's simply not consistent enough. Based on this I would say he's worth about 2 million but he is in the last year of his contract and it's clear he's not signing a new deal. With add-ons Rangers will get about a third of this which is about right if you ask me.

It's that or he goes for nothing next summer.