***Official Rangers V Marseille thread***

MrMckee

Like Most pleased at how that half has gone. Some really good stuff there and to a man they have all done really well. I have zero negatives... Its only a friendly but its better than almost any performance last year. I'd say we have been on top and look more threatening.

My concerns though are around how we break down a team putting 10 behind the ball. We look decent in this game but Marseille actually try and play football, which means there are gaps for us to play some football. I'd still think there is a lot of work to do but very positive.

Very pleased with candeias who to be honest i thought was going to be a complete dud, but this is giving me lots of positive vibes. Now all we need is dalcio to come on and score a hatrick and things will be looking rosy for Pedro again.

18 minutes ago, lgr1991 said:

4-4-2 seems to suit us better. 

18 minutes ago, Muz333 said:

I think we're looking rather solid in this 4-4-2. Not feeling nearly as scared for the domestic season to kick off now.

IMO, we are always best going 4-4-2 at Ibrox. Have never understood the need to play more than 1 defensive midfielder at Ibrox....especially when we're going 4-3-3. We just don't suit holding back and trying to hit on the counter...especially with our recent personnel. 

1 minute ago, Reformation Bear said:

Goals win games.

We're still not scoring goals. 

The promise or threat or creating opportunity of scoring goals is not the same a scoring goals.

Goal scorers need to be found.  And found very soon   

You should change yer name to the bad news bear mate 

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yep.

Good shape. Chances. Strong in tackle.

At times a bit slow to capitalise on breaks but I'll tell you what.... there's the basis of a good team there.

Need more pace up front, need more from Miller and Dorrans, but considering opposition that's a pleasing 1st 45.

Millers age is really showing. I suppose he wont be playing this level of team every week.

Just now, LegendofCoop said:

IMO, we are always best going 4-4-2 at Ibrox. Have never understood the need to play more than 1 defensive midfielder at Ibrox....especially when we're going 4-3-3. We just don't suit holding back and trying to hit on the counter...especially with our recent personnel. 

I think we should with it. We are holding our shape so much better which helps us in defence but it also helps us going forward. Finally starting to see the benefits of Pedros attacking drills because we are holding our shape and we look so much more dangerous going forward. 

Bonus of Ibrox being half empty means my 4G actually works. 

Team has done well, Candeias has surprised me in particular and Jack really does a good job at covering and protecting the back 4. 

Miller has been poor again though - hoping Morelos comes on.