The Mexicans

Gaz52

I can't help but feel like we've got two players who cost us millions of pounds (before wages) who will now be looking for moves back to their homeland now that Caixinha is gone.

We know how big a part he played in their moves, do they remain professional and see out their contract unless a suitable offer comes in and they can leave or do you think it'll be toys out the pram stuff? This was always my biggest worry about him leaving, certain players only signed for us due to who the manager was - I'm not saying these players are vital to us going forward, it's debatable whether they're even up to the task here, it's the financial implications that are bothering me the most. 

I'd say Alves is another one who might fall under this category. 

The likes of Morelos, Jack and Dorrans aren't necessarily  "Pedro's players" so I reckon a new manager will be good for them.  

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, kanjo said:

I think our next manager must focus on our fitness.  With that I would hope Pena comes on to a better game.  Herrera I'm still not sure on.

Im not usualy 1 to listen to rumours but with Pena I've heard he drinks to much and im starting to think they are true, he won't get fit anytime soon.

2 minutes ago, geronimoo said:

Im not usualy 1 to listen to rumours but with Pena I've heard he drinks to much and im starting to think they are true, he won't get fit anytime soon.

I'd hope any manager we bring in will sort issues like that out.  Why I hope it's a no nonsense British style.

A new manager with a fresh approach might get something better out of them.

I think it's jumping to conclusions to say they could throw their toys out the pram now that he's gone. They might have signed for us because of Caixinha but any player that signs for any club does it knowing there's a possibility that the manager who signed him might not last the duration of his contract.