Kenny Miller > Pedro Caixinha

K.A.I

1 hour ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Miller gave us 2 goals but if his passing had been slicker and better he could have set Morelos up for a couple of great chances  . Morelos might not be scoring but he is by far our best forward the way he creates chances, drags defenders away from the ball, plays in team mates etc. A total team player and had a couple of good efforts saved/blocked as well.

Morelos has looked a bit lost recently.

With Miller back alongside he was way more effective & only lacked a goal to cap a great all round performance.

I’m not sure he thrives on the ball in the air too much (goalscoring headers apart) & it was noticeable that we played it much more on the deck in Alves’ absence.

@Jack The Flipper my answer to the questions posed earlier;  its because we have fans who love to hate our own and have a propensity to build players and managers up, even when it is not deserved, and then gloat when they are knocked off their pedestals. 

Pedro and Miller are two separate issues. 

- Were Pedro’s results good enough? No.

- Have Miller’s performances been good enough? No.

A deflected goal and a good header doesn’t negate another 10 or so games of absolute shite. In a footballing sense, we’ll never win the league with him as our centre forward. 

On the backroom stuff, everyone has an opinion on the supposed conduct of Miller. I happen to think there’s something in it, with leaks, dressing room splits, backstabbing and mutiny against change and new ideas. Pedro takes the fall, but I don’t think Miller is clean either. 

Hope he’s gone in by the end of the season, but I still celebrated like fuck yesterday. It was an excellent result. 

Miller was brilliant yesterday but do we just forget he was rotten at the start of the season , do we forget  he was most likely the leak and was one who undermined the manager . What if miller doesn't like the new manager ? What if the new manager does see him good enough to start ? 

14 hours ago, Ger_onimo said:

Which players currently at Rangers have contributed more to the club? Which players currently at the club put the club over their own careers?

Is this the same Kenny Miller than knocked back a new deal at us when he was in the form of his career to chase the cash with some no mark mob in Turkey? 

He has absolutely contributed, but let’s not make stuff up. 

2 minutes ago, hooooootchy said:

Miller was brilliant yesterday but do we just forget he was rotten at the start of the season , do we forget  he was most likely the leak and was one who undermined the manager . What if miller doesn't like the new manager ? What if the new manager does see him good enough to start ? 

Well if that's the case then RM will have plenty ammunition to destroy the next manager if he's loses a game.

52 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Is this the same Kenny Miller than knocked back a new deal at us when he was in the form of his career to chase the cash with some no mark mob in Turkey? 

He has absolutely contributed, but let’s not make stuff up. 

You’ve completely misunderstood my post.

59 minutes ago, hooooootchy said:

He had a good 45 mins. The first 45 mins he was as shite as he has been all season. Lets see if it wasn't just luck next week.

Hopefully the next manager kicks him out of he starts thinking he can run the team again.

15 minutes ago, JograBear said:

He had a good 45 mins. The first 45 mins he was as shite as he has been all season. Lets see if it wasn't just luck next week.

Hopefully the next manager kicks him out of he starts thinking he can run the team again.

I thought first 45-minutes he was good tbh. Was taking responsibility on the ball, passing it forward and trying to make things happen.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Pedro and Miller are two separate issues. 

- Were Pedro’s results good enough? No.

- Have Miller’s performances been good enough? No.

A deflected goal and a good header doesn’t negate another 10 or so games of absolute shite. In a footballing sense, we’ll never win the league with him as our centre forward. 

On the backroom stuff, everyone has an opinion on the supposed conduct of Miller. I happen to think there’s something in it, with leaks, dressing room splits, backstabbing and mutiny against change and new ideas. Pedro takes the fall, but I don’t think Miller is clean either. 

Hope he’s gone in by the end of the season, but I still celebrated like fuck yesterday. It was an excellent result. 

The point is, everyone's opinion on Miller on the backroom stuff is based on Pedro's actions which don't count for all that much, or shouldn't IMO.

You can say a deflected goal and a header, but I thought all round there was a big difference in him AND the team yesterday. They were organised and knew what they were doing and above all looked like they had belief. Everything that was missing under Pedro. 

1 hour ago, hooooootchy said:

Exactly.  Does Kenny Miller decide when the manager comes and goes?  Leaking information to the press and conspiring against the managment isn't acceptable.  If there's any truth to the claims made he should be sacked.

8 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Exactly.  Does Kenny Miller decide when the manager comes and goes?  Leaking information to the press and conspiring against the managment isn't acceptable.  If there's any truth to the claims made he should be sacked.

It's a big IF though.

What proof do we have? did Pedro even say once he was the leak? we all just assumed he was when he was dropped for probably another argument or something.

29 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The point is, everyone's opinion on Miller on the backroom stuff is based on Pedro's actions which don't count for all that much, or shouldn't IMO.

You can say a deflected goal and a header, but I thought all round there was a big difference in him AND the team yesterday. They were organised and knew what they were doing and above all looked like they had belief. Everything that was missing under Pedro. 

Big difference in the the team absolutely. Thought it looked like we were trying to play football again, instead of Pedro’s hoof it style. 

Miller played like he had a point to prove, and was the best he’s been this season, but ultimately started falling back into his bad habits of dropping deep, shite passing and getting in the way. He’s not ‘Mr Rangers’ and everything doesn’t need to go through him - when he actually plays as a no 9 on the shoulder he’s far more effective. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Big difference in the the team absolutely. Thought it looked like we were trying to play football again, instead of Pedro’s hoof it style. 

Miller played like he had a point to prove, and was the best he’s been this season, but ultimately started falling back into his bad habits of dropping deep, shite passing and getting in the way. He’s not ‘Mr Rangers’ and everything doesn’t need to go through him - when he actually plays as a no 9 on the shoulder he’s far more effective. 

Agreed. That's my one criticism of Miller the way he keeps dropping deep. He's dangerous and an asset when he's actually playing center forward.

Morelos was doing it yesterday too which annoyed me, he kept coming out to the right flank when Candaies was nowhere to be seen and it left no-one in the middle. The first half I mean, the second half we were a lot better.