UPDATE: the remotest chance of winning the league this season.

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I know you're quick to dismiss it but that GD certainly puts them at an advantage.  As if pulling 9pts back wasn't enough we need to pull back all those goals as well.  It's a very big ask.

I agree mate but I'm not so quick to dismiss it. I'm just saying that if we pull back the 9 points each goal against them counts double and each loss outwith us subtracts from their GD. It's not unrealistic.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any team can drop points and anything is possible. The current league leaders are not a particularly great team. They have dropped points and will drop points in future. I am not getting carried away as it is unlikely that their money and squad could collapse that much but it's entirely possible. Whether we could capitalise on that is another matter entirely.

Every learned football pundit and journo had us 6 years behind them, did they mean 6 points?

What a load of guff as we all know they have had a piss easy pressure free environment to work in as we went through our various on and off field dramas, now we are showing that we can string results together with some style and ability to scrap when required, they might not fancy it and continue to wobble, we must keep it going and watch the bottle crash.

The January players coming in have gave the whole place a lift, there is value to be had if you do your homework well enough, gold star for Mark Allen, after Pedro's supermarket sweep chucking all sorts of shit in the basket we are now selective shopping.

Of course we can win it. Totally agree we have been way to inconsistent this season however we've now won what 9 out of our last 10 games, hopefully we are starting to buck that trend.

As much as winning can breed confidence, playing poorly can also put doubts in minds and it's easy for people to say the tarriers can now focus domestically but as I've seen with  teams in the past you can't just switch form back on.

As for we'll see where we are on March 11th let's take care of Tuesday night first...no thinking beyond a game at a time imo.

Fuck if we were to pull the off it would be right up there for me...maybe even top the lot.

I agree with the OP to a large extent. A wee bit of realism is required. And it’s the usual feast or famine approach in here. 

However, what is not in doubt is that we are going in the right direction. We have now cast a shadow on them for the first time in 18months, and at a crucial point of the season. They have been allowed to play with a confidence and a freedom knowing fine well no one would catch them. They can’t be feeling like that now  

Despite all that I think they’ll blow the lambs away today. They always run over the top of them. The mutton molesters are physically and mentally incapable of providing a shock today. 

So my hopes lie on going into the Mar 10 game and winning it bringing the gap to 6pts then it really would be game on! 

1 minute ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I agree with the OP to a large extent. A wee bit of realism is required. And it’s the usual feast or famine approach in here. 

However, what is not in doubt is that we are going in the right direction. We have now cast a shadow on them for the first time in 18months, and at a crucial point of the season. They have been allowed to play with a confidence and a freedom knowing fine well no one would catch them. They can’t be feeling like that now  

Despite all that I think they’ll blow the lambs away today. They always run over the top of them. The mutton molesters are physically and mentally incapable of providing a shock today. 

So my hopes lie on going into the Mar 10 game and winning it bringing the gap to 6pts then it really would be game on! 

Agree, one game at a time, keep winning and all the pressure is on the Child Abusers but we’re getting ahead of ourselves 

I am not that old. But I have enough years behind me to have seen very strange things in sports. I dont believe we can catch the scum this season. We have left it too late, but it’s not impossible.

I will start to believe if they drop points today and we can beat them in the next game.  

Until then I am just happy to be back to the commitment and  will to win that we have been missing. 

We all have that element of belief that has built up around us and when you look at the indifferent season we have had so far I think its quite incredible that the possibilty of us winning actually has a decent chance of happening.

They will drop more points, we can see once a wee bit of pressure is on thrm and wham thry crumble. We might not win it but if we do........man it will be the best one EVER.

Realistically it's not happening. Aberdeen aren't going to beat them today and i can't see us, with the way we defend, beating them twice. 

For it to happen we'd need to be more or less perfect for the rest of the season, we just aren't good enough to go on that sort of run. 

Right now I say fuck realism! We’ve had six years of nothing but pain and misery; it’s about time we had a little bit of hope and enjoyment.

Yes it’s highly unlikely mathematically that it will happen, but why not just enjoy believing it could and galvanise this positivity. It’ll have a knock on effect for the team when we are playing at home and fill them with confidence. 

After all there is still a league AND cup up for grabs. 

P.s. Brenda is an absolute shite bag and will fuck it up, here’s to 55! ???

8 hours ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

Sad to have to say it, particularly after such a superb result at home against Hearts, the only team to have truly destroyed the bhastards in the SPL this season, but even though the dream is still on, and Helicopter Sunday Mark 5 or 6 is still a mathematical possibility, I just cannot see how we are going to be consistent enough, and for them to drop enough points for us to profit.I remember saying in here a few weeks ago that the feeling of being able to do it was building, and then we threw in some god-awful performances which at that time looked like our league challenge was dead in the water. People were even saying that playing as badly as we were against the lesser teams, there was a possibility of ending in the bottom 6 at the split. Thankfully, the caretaker took the players he had, enhanced the squad, and has put the belief back, where the only consistency had been the team's inconsistency.

By Sunday night, we will know if there is a glimmer of hope for our title challenge, and I hope there is, but I just cannot see those bitter twats blowing it.

But what a feeling if it could happen.

Get what your saying but no harm in being optimistic

Hell Helicopter Sundays were all about taking it to the wire on  the final day

So far . The score is Rangers 4 beggars 0 on that count .

I honestly will be putting money on the sheep today . I can see a small miracle in that

The beggars have just returned from Russia . Confidence in their defence will be fragile

The sheep will never have a better chance .

If this happens . It's down to 6 points

Our form suggests we can go a good run . This will mean a win against the scum is a must .

Win that . Down to 3 points with 1 OF game to play

I think we have a fleeting chance but it will depend on results this  month