Sunday’s Game Andy Halliday

islandblue

Hallidays shown previously he's miles off the pace against them. Goss isnt starting either. His early form went flat and he hasnt got it back. The scum only have more of the ball in midfield because we let them have it. We've got to get the lineup right and press them for 90 mins.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, FlippinEck said:

Goss :lol:  

He should never play for us again

A bit strong don't you think ? 

Didn't perform against the tarriers or killie the game after , but did that well beforehand that many here thought we should buy him . 

I'm unsure whether to play him , but I wouldn't let that past performance put me off . 

31 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

For a player with poor vision, passing ability, heading ability, limited pace and an engine which is nowhere near what it was... 'Broonie'  gets amazing adulation on here and elsewhere. Get in his face and he'll offer nothing to this game. 

Agreed. He is a side passing,  diving thug but they play a lot of their midfield passes through him.

Mark him without giving away free kicks and they run out of ideas. 

Their manager is overrated to fuck too. Was found out down south and came here for an easy life.

It's a fucking disgrace that we haven't beaten them this season. 

After much deliberation, procrastination, concentration, rumination and masturbation, I've come to the conclusion your idea is a  NAW!

Would you honestly put Halliday in there and leave Dorrans on the bench? :headwall:

3 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

For a player with poor vision, passing ability, heading ability, limited pace and an engine which is nowhere near what it was... 'Broonie'  gets amazing adulation on here and elsewhere. Get in his face and he'll offer nothing to this game. 

Yep, he's an "enforcer" (a dirty bastard) -no more, and no less. We give him no time on the ball and he will soon lose the plot. 

4 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

We say this every single time

8 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Most teams in scotland do and unfortunately for us he just seems to stroll it. I absolutely hate the cunt but he’s a good player.

This is it. No world beater but comfortable in this league and seems to stroll it every single time. It will be the same this weekend. 

9 hours ago, gmcf said:

A bit strong don't you think ? 

Didn't perform against the tarriers or killie the game after , but did that well beforehand that many here thought we should buy him . 

I'm unsure whether to play him , but I wouldn't let that past performance put me off . 

Nah not for me. Don't get me wrong, I was impressed with him when he first came in. I think his set piece delivery and direct free kicks are probably the best at the club. I understand that he is brought in and seen as a bit of a Carrick style player dictating play from deep but I just think at our level you need to have a bit more bite and aggression in you and I rarely saw that from him.

6 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

Nah not for me. Don't get me wrong, I was impressed with him when he first came in. I think his set piece delivery and direct free kicks are probably the best at the club. I understand that he is brought in and seen as a bit of a Carrick style player dictating play from deep but I just think at our level you need to have a bit more bite and aggression in you and I rarely saw that from him.

Yeah , fair point re aggression . It's something we need to match tomorrow and it's something he disappointed in the last game . I still think he offers something creative from middle to front  that we sometimes lack ,  but maybe too much of a gamble to see whether that was a one of or maybe these games are too big for him . 

15 hours ago, ally62 said:

Remember the game we all thought Halliday would sort brown out 2 seasons ago....didn't happen.

lets go with what we know 

Remember the game we all thought brown would sort halliday out 2 seasons ago...didn't happen.

9 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

He’s always their out ball. He makes himself available and rarely gives or receives a pass further than 10 yards. Just keeps recycling and keeping them moving. If you put someone like Dorrans (probably our most advanced midfielder) on Brown with the instruction “stay within three yards of him unless we have the ball”, they would resort to playing long balls. Hate the idea adapting our play to flatter an arsehole like Brown but he really does make them tick and I really want to beat them