A Decade without the Scottish Cup

Bighouse

Next season will mark 10 years since our last win.There will be 18 year olds who can barely remember us winning it. As someone who grew up during nine in a row, it seemed like almost every year we were in the final.

Even the bheggars didn't through such a trophy drought when they were on their knees in the 90's.

19 years old and I can barely remember the sort of Rangers teams that were winning trophies, baring in mind there wasn’t proper live streams, easily accessible sky etc like now, I’d go off word of mouth at times especially not being taken to games.

Seems an absolute blur to me nevermind anyone younger, digusting what’s happened to the club

4 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

19 years old and I can barely remember the sort of Rangers teams that were winning trophies, baring in mind there wasn’t proper live streams, easily accessible sky etc like now, I’d go off word of mouth at times especially not being taken to games.

Seems an absolute blur to me nevermind anyone younger, digusting what’s happened to the club

This is a sobering post.

I was born at the beginning of our 9 in a row era and I was 10 years old before I experienced us not winning the title. After that my teenage years were the back and forth between us and them being successful.

Now I have a son who'll be 9 next month and he can't remember the last time we won the league. It's the younger fans I feel sorry for. They don't even have the memories of us being good.

I’m 16 next month, and vaguely remember the last time we won it as I was at the game. Since then I have been robbed of footballing memories which in my opinion would have been made if it weren’t for the utter shite we have been through. Just remember though that we must go through the bad to go through the good, and with the shite we’ve went through the good is going to feel even better.

We might fluke a league cup in a season or two but that's our lot.

I mean we couldn't even beat hibs in a final ffs.

Folk are worried about 10IAR but thats already sealed unless you are deluded, it's the following spell I fear for. We are on our knees and a Bawhair away from becoming another no mark scottish club 

29 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

This is a sobering post.

I was born at the beginning of our 9 in a row era and I was 10 years old before I experienced us not winning the title. After that my teenage years were the back and forth between us and them being successful.

Now I have a son who'll be 9 next month and he can't remember the last time we won the league. It's the younger fans I feel sorry for. They don't even have the memories of us being good.

It’s not so bad because I’ve still at least been a wee guy when titles were being won, I can’t imagine being 9 and putting up with this though, it’s no wonder wee laddies are supporting english teams more and more

24 minutes ago, cb72 said:

I’m 16 next month, and vaguely remember the last time we won it as I was at the game. Since then I have been robbed of footballing memories which in my opinion would have been made if it weren’t for the utter shite we have been through. Just remember though that we must go through the bad to go through the good, and with the shite we’ve went through the good is going to feel even better.

If we had real Rangers men running our club . The shite we went through would be getting used as the mechanic and the motivation for driving us back to the top .All the injustice of that time  and the feelings  fans had then has been lost .Apathy rules

And this is all down to the Murrayesque way King had ran us since then , telling lies , issuing false promises of clarity and more openness

It was all bullshit from the fannies

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

If we had real Rangers men running our club . The shite we went through would be getting used as the mechanic and the motivation for driving us back to the top .All the injustice of that time  and the feelings  fans had then has been lost .Apathy rules

And this is all down to the Murrayesque way King had ran us since then , telling lies , issuing false promises of clarity and more openness

It was all bullshit from the fannies

LBH, we've read like a bad news story since the day king took over. Between the lies, deceptions, court cases, financial uncertainty, shit managers, shit players and a stadium falling into disrepair. We neither read nor look success and with no end in sight. It's fucking depressing.

It is sack the board time as those cunts are ripping the piss out of us. We are on the road to nowhere with them. We either force them to shit or get off the pot, otherwise just STFU and accept our lot for as long as they remain. 

35 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

We might fluke a league cup in a season or two but that's our lot.

I mean we couldn't even beat hibs in a final ffs.

Folk are worried about 10IAR but thats already sealed unless you are deluded, it's the following spell I fear for. We are on our knees and a Bawhair away from becoming another no mark scottish club 

Whilst we are bringing in 14 million plus from season tickets, that wont happen.

We're one manager away from success, that is it in Scottish football, especially if that lot dont make the CL

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

LBH, we've read like a bad news story since the day king took over. Between the lies, deceptions, court cases, financial uncertainty, shit managers, shit players and a stadium falling into disrepair. We neither read nor look success and with no end in sight. It's fucking depressing.

It is sack the board time as those cunts are ripping the piss out of us. We are on the road to nowhere with them. We either force them to shit or get off the pot, otherwise just STFU and accept our lot for as long as they remain. 

Totally agree with you . Sadly we are still in the minority . Maybe not so much on here now, but we are

Few months ago . The AGM back them unanimously . You could not make it up with our club and it's supporters nowadays

3 minutes ago, GT66 said:

Whilst we are bringing in 14 million plus from season tickets, that wont happen.

We're one manager away from success, that is it in Scottish football, especially if that lot dont make the CL

They have 3 years worth of CL money which amounts to well over 100 million plus their own ST sales which more than eclipse our own...then player sales plus having an already superior squad and management team.

The money we bring in will be used to pay off fat Mexicans on fortunes, find a new manager and rebuild another honking squad....

You live on mars if you think it's going to swing anytime soon 

1 minute ago, GT66 said:

I'm not that certain . King may bail and could leave us in a right mess

He is a fraud after all

10 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

They have 3 years worth of CL money which amounts to well over 100 million plus their own ST sales which more than eclipse our own...then player sales plus having an already superior squad and management team.

The money we bring in will be used to pay off fat Mexicans on fortunes and rebuild another honking squad....

The whole 2012 fiasco has left them cash rich and sustainable for years and has left us in a holy fucking mess, and we as a club bent over and took it. It's going to take either a shit tonne of investment or a whole lot of luck to get out title back this side of 10air 

9 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

The money we bring in will be used to pay off fat Mexicans on fortunes, find a new manager and rebuild another honking squad....

There is no chamce they have accumulated every pound of that CL money, their accounts don't show it, even according to their own fans.

Supposedly 30million in the black (which they have been bragging about) one season away from that being gone without the CL money.

With a decent manager and stability we could have won this season, especially with the amount that was spunked away in the summer.