Murty Sacked - Confirmed

The fact the club have not announced this strikes me as they werent wanting a managerial change right now. Of course they could have been waiting on Gerrard but regardless change was required to win the next games.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, giffnockger said:

Still fuck all on the Rangers site.

Indicative of the rot at the heart of the club.  They delay a formal statement on the website until the story leaks to the media.  Absolute incompetents. 

A good man thrown under a bus and then hung out to dry by the shower of incompetent charlatans who are sitting in our board room. Thank you for stepping up and giving it your best. Sadly, it wasn't good enough, but you'll receive no malice from me. 

Just now, Young Bob said:

The fact the club have not announced this strikes me as they werent wanting a managerial change right now. Of course they could have been waiting on Gerrard but regardless change was required to win the next games.

Whether they wanted it or not, they must have known that it was happening, yet they fail to make an announcement on the website before the story is all over the media. 

8 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

He had to go. The last few weeks have been a shambles with shit results and it's clear for all to see he's lost the dressing room. If he had any respect for the club he would never have taken the job in the first place and forced the boards hand. I fucking hate what a clusterfuck and laughing stock our club has become. I was less embarrassed when we were playing in the bottom tier.

He obviously thought he would be good enough so I can understand why he accepted it. Chance of a lifetime too.The board are the common denominator in all our failings of late.

I can't believe nothing on the Rangers twitter or club website.

STOP with the media leaks its incompetent and un professional.

were is the truth the guy might be back with the youth squads for all we know ?‍♀️

10 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

He had to go. The last few weeks have been a shambles with shit results and it's clear for all to see he's lost the dressing room. If he had any respect for the club he would never have taken the job in the first place and forced the boards hand. I fucking hate what a clusterfuck and laughing stock our club has become. I was less embarrassed when we were playing in the bottom tier.

No way he would knock back the job mate. Dont blame him, its the board that appointed him.

He should have gone after the cup game

2 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Whether they wanted it or not, they must have known that it was happening, yet they fail to make an announcement on the website before the story is all over the media. 

I wouldnt be so sure with these guys. It wouldnt surprise me if they are now in panic mode.

3 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

A good man thrown under a bus and then hung out to dry by the shower of incompetent charlatans who are sitting in our board room. Thank you for stepping up and giving it your best. Sadly, it wasn't good enough, but you'll receive no malice from me. 

I’m sure he did his best. Obviously not good enough but same as any other job I blame the people who recruited him to that position - then discarded him as a human shield. 

The lack of comms from the club is nothing short of disgusting 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I’m sure he did his best. Obviously not good enough but same as any other job I blame the people who recruited him to that position - then discarded him as a human shield. 

The lack of comms from the club is nothing short of disgusting 

The board are a disgrace. They have absolutely no idea how to run a football club or conduct themselves with class or dignity. They're nothing short of a disgrace to our club and the Rangers name. 

Well, Murty stepped into the breach while the board hummed and hawed, so thanks Graeme. He had some good results but in the end was too inconsistent, especially the home record.

My only quibble is he was better of just seeing out the last four games. I think he was capable of getting 2nd spot but sadly there appears to be too much dressing room discontent.

Good luck in your future career.

1 minute ago, Bearsden bear said:

No way he would knock back the job mate. Dont blame him, its the board that appointed him.

He should have gone after the cup game

You're right mate he should never have been appointed but he hasn't done himself many favours. After he took the job I was right behind him but unfortunately he didn't have the experience or personal qualities to handle the job. I wish him the best but I just think he must have known the step to Rangers manager was too much. Clubs in the lower levels could get away with appointing a youth coach as first team manager but I'd expect a lot more from a world famous team like us. 

Is he gone or just dropped back down to managing the youths.  Really don't want him in any coaching capacity at the club now. He's got the wrong mentality and I don't want to be passed on to the youth players.

Receives no sympathy from me, he’s a grown man he didn’t have to take the job. People saying this job has ruined his life need to get a grip, it’s the best job he will ever have and he made an arse of it continually through no others fault and embarrassed us into the bargain.

Dont let the door hit your arse on the way out ya clown.

Archived